Back to the Dorm

Six Nineteen

Bed
Table
Boxes
(Back to the) Dorm


Yongsun was still busy doing her homework when Moonbyul arrived.

"Good evening, Solar. Have you eaten yet?"

"No, not yet. I have no time to procrastinate. The professor thought it'll be funny to give us our homework for the whole semester and pass it to him before midterms."

Moonbyul immediately went to the counter to boil some water. She took out two cup noodles from her bag that she had bought from the convenience store. After preparing their student-budget-friendly meal, she hands the cup noodles to Yongsun.

"Don't skip your meals, Solar."

"Thank you, Moonbyul."


The thought of Kim Yongsun crossed Moonbyul's mind.

"Solar, do you know Kim Yongsun?"

"Oh— why did you ask?"

"Out of curiosity? I heard from the rumors that she's the goddess of this university. That rather feeling you're in heaven— you'd feel you're in Olympus because she's the exact copy of Aphrodite— okay, minus the Trojan war."


"What will you do if you ever find her?"

"I will confirm her beauty through canvas— if she ever let me paint her."

"Moonbyul, do you really believe in rumors?"


"Whee— I mean the student librarian, told me that the rumors in this university are always a hundred percent true. So, I guess?"

Yongsun stood and sat beside Moonbyul. She tucks her hair behind her ear and faced the other girl— staring at each other's windows to the soul.

"Tell me Moonbyul, what do you feel right now? Am I really the exact copy of Aphrodite? Are we in heaven? Or are we in Olympus?"

Byulyi froze in awe. The person she's sharing the dorm with— is the Kim Yongsun?

"So.. you'll paint me, right?"