When This Dream Is Over

When This Dream Is Over

Click. Click. Click.

My heels clattered against the floor, as I stepped down the long hallway of my apartment complex. I dialed in my pass code, and stared at the door as it opened. Changing my mind, I turned around and the door closed behind me. I closed my eyes and sighed.

“Hey,” a soft voice called. My head snapped up.

“Um, hi..” I smiled.

“What are you doing out here at such a time?” he asked.

I smirked playfully, as my confidence built up; “The same could be asked about you Ji Yong-ssi,

“Oh, I was.. going out to buy some stuff...” he said.

I laughed; “i was just teasing you,”

“Oh...” he looked down a bit embarrassed. “So, what are you doing out here?”

“I was deciding whether I should go to a club with my friends or not,” I lied. No, actually, I was waiting for you to come back so I could confess to you.

“You shouldn’t go to a club!” he exclaimed suddenly. I looked at him.

“Why do you say that?”

“Uh.. well... there are really bad people!” he said acting out things with his hands. “And they could attack you! You wouldn’t want that right?”

I laughed heartily; “I’d be okay,”

“Really? I don’t think so! Especially with a nice figure like yours, you’re sure to be hit on!” he said.

I turned red and looked at him weirdly. Did he just say I have a nice figure? “D-did y-you just...”

He blushed and covered his mouth, but it was much too late. “What did I say?”

I looked away, and played with the hem of my dress. “Well... uh... see you later I guess?”

“Alright... see you,” he responded smiling. “DON’T GET DRUNK!”

I laughed. “Alright!”

“Be safe, okay?” he asked holding out his pinkie. I looked at it for a bit, then locked my pinkie with his.

“Okay,” I said. “Why are you acting like my dad?”

He covered his mouth in embarrassment, and mumbled something along the lines of, “Because I care.”

“See you Ji Yong-ssi!” I waved.

“Call me Ji! We’ve been neighbours since forever!” he told.

“Alright Ji,” I smiled.

He went into his apartment, and I dialed my friend’s number. She picked up immediately, and informed me that she’d be on her way to pick me up, and that she’d be there in about five minutes. I waited obediently.

Five minutes later, a familiar silhouette appeared from the end of the hallway. I approached her, and we went to hit the club. I returned home later that night a bit too drunk. Unable to press in my combination, I collapsed outside of my apartment.

About an hour later, my eyes flickered open, and I looked around me. Everything was normal... except for the weight on my shoulder. I turned to look at what it was, and nearly jumped in surprise as I was greeted with Ji, leaning on my shoulder, with a blanket covering the both of us. I smiled softly at my crush, and closed my eyes.

I heard him whisper in his sleep; “Sleep well ne?”

I giggled quietly knowing that he was just sleep talking, I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep, not caring that I was sleeping outside of my apartment.

Ji, when this dream is over, I’ll find my way into your heart...