GF Chronicles 2

Girlfriend Chronicles

Seulgi swore she’d never seen a more beautiful woman than Joohyun. Seulgi couldn’t fathom how someone with such beauty ended up choosing her. Joohyun’s beauty is undeniable and ethereal even on her worst hair days or even when she was at her worst moods and Seulgi would always admire that splendor every chance she gets.

Joohyun was beyond pissed at Seulgi right now for forgetting what she asked her to do earlier. She didn’t want to talk to the younger girl at the moment and so she decided to lock herself up in their shared bedroom, waiting for her anger to dissipate. Joohyun let out an angry huff as she thought of the incident earlier.

‘Babe, make sure you take out the trash from the kitchen before you do anything else please.’ Joohyun called out from their laundry room. It was Saturday which meant it was a big ‘chores’ day for the both of them. Usually, Saturday was laundry day for Joohyun and video games for Seulgi and some minimal things to do around such as taking the trash out. That’s how their dynamics worked. ‘I will, Babe. I’ll just send a few reminders for my weekend team and I’ll take the trash out.’ Seulgi answered from her office. Joohyun went about doing the laundry for a good thirty minutes. But when she went back to the kitchen, surprisingly the trash is still where it is. And the supposed person to take it out, was in the living room playing with ‘Link’ from the Breath of the Wild. Seulgi was too engrossed with her game that she didn’t notice Joohyun step into the space between the kitchen and the living room.

‘Baby? Have you done what I have told you earlier?’ Joohyun questioned. A hitch, that sounded like a hiccup came from Seulgi’s mouth. She put the controller down, slowly turned her head around, and saw Joohyun eyes narrowed to a line. ‘Oh baby, I’m so sorry I forgot. I’m gonna take it out now.’ Seulgi said as she abruptly stood up and went to the kitchen to get the trash. When she got back, Joohyun couldn’t be seen. She went upstairs and tried to pry the door open of their bedroom when she met an immovable door. ‘Hyunnie’ She called out and received no response. She gave up after a few call outs and went back to the living room. I guess I’ll be sleeping here tonight. She thought dejectedly.

It was three in the afternoon, two hours after the locked door, Seulgi decided to go to their bedroom again. She got her keys from the counter and went upstairs, briefly stopping at the front of their bedroom. She let out a sigh before prying the door open. She was expecting Joohyun to be up and doing something in their bedroom. But alas, she found Joohyun asleep, curled up and hugging Seulgi’s pillow tight. She looked at Joohyun softly and lovingly and tiptoed her way to their bed. She scooted beside Joohyun and slowly lifted Joohyun’s head and slid her left arm under it, replaced the pillow with herself and wrapped her other arm around Joohyun.

‘Baby, I’m sorry.’ Seulgi whispered as she cuddled Joohyun closer and kissed her girlfriend’s forehead. Joohyun shifted and cuddled closer to her. ‘Are you done playing with Link?’ Joohyun questioned, nonchalantly. ‘I am, babe and I took the trash out too.’ Seulgi said pouting like a little kid. She didn’t hear an answer from her girlfriend but rather a hum and some shuffling. Joohyun buried her face into Seulgi’s chest and sighed. ‘Babe, you need to listen to what I say more often.’ She said. ‘I know, babe. I’m really sorry I shouldn’t have prioritized my video game and should’ve taken out the trash.’ ‘I’m not even mad about the trash. But you seem to be very distracted and pre-occupied with something else that you tend to forget things, babe. I just want you to be more focused, be present, you know what I mean?’ Seulgi knew what Joohyun exactly meant. She was distracted the past few days, either with work or with something else.

Seulgi looked pensive, so Joohyun decided to wrap her arms around the younger one’s waist. ‘I’m sorry for getting mad at you.’ ‘It’s okay, baby. I’m sorry for being too distracted. I’ll be better and I promise to be more present and pay more attention. I’m really sorry for making you mad.’ Seulgi lovingly said as she showered Joohyun with kisses. One, a kiss on her forehead. Two, three, a kiss on each cheek. Four, a kiss at the tip of her nose. Joohyun giggled. Five, a kiss on her lips. Seulgi lingered on Joohyun’s lips for a little while. ‘I love you, baby.’ Joohyun whispered. ‘I love you, too, Love. What do you want for dinner?’