Long Flight

Long Flight

Long Flight

 

 

"Taeyong sorry for the late notice, but Flight 127 enroute to Dubai, departing at 21 00 tonight is short staffed and we need you to come in. You will be sectioned at the first class area." 

 

Taeyong signed, eyes barely managing to stay open, he just got off his his job from London to New York which was an 8 hours flight and now he's being called in for another flight, departing from New York to Dubai, a non-transit direct flight of 14 hours straight. He closed his eyes and thanked Ten the head steward for the flight for allocating him in the first class section. Nothing wrong with economy, but when you are on a 14 hours flight and confined to a small space with children crying out and about, passengers tend to get grumpy and usually expressed their anger towards the stewardess. 

 

Taeyong hurriedly head back to the stewards office, got himself freshen up and headed for the gate. 

 

"Oh my Yongie, i really didn't want to but Yuta here demanded you to be the replacement for this flight, says that you will lighten up and spice up this dreadful flight." Ten squealed cheeringly the moment Taeyong entered the aircraft getting elbowed slightly by Yuta who was squirming under Taeyong's gaze.

 

"You owe me a platter of sushi and sashimi Nakamoto." Taeyong entered the galley, stowing his luggage away and he proceed to take the first class passengers list from Ten. 

 

"Right, so the first class is full today and since there's only three of us allocated for the first class, we will tend to 3 passengers each. Taeyong you will be serving Mr Moon, Mr Lee and ooh lucky you Yongie, lastly Mr Jung." Ten wiggled his eyebrows, voice suggesting a hidden agenda. 

 

"Today's your day Yong." Yuta pumped his hands in the air, a silent victory.

 

"What, what Ten?" Taeyong rolled his eyes, don't get him wrong, working with his other two best friend is fun, but sometimes they drive him crazy. 

 

"Don't tell me you don't know, Mr Jung, does that not ring a bell, he's the Ceo of Neo Airlines, have you been living under a rock, i can't believe this is your fifth year and even got promoted to work in the first class, you don't even know the owner." Ten said with hands on his hips jutting out. Boy is full of sass. 

 

"What why me?" Taeyong wailed, head coming to rest dramatically on the wall. He was already beat out from the earlier flight and now he was to be on his best performance for the ceo. 

 

"Well Yuta called dips and i, the head steward, get to chose and well you're left with that." 

 

"I swear you guys will be the death of me some day." Taeyong has never heard of the man or seen him in his life, i mean was he also suppose to know the air traffic controllers workers. He spent a good 10 minutes spacing out before walking up and down the aisle, placing the amenities kit and making sure the first class cabins were spick and span. They had another one hour to prepare before they start calling passengers to board. 

 

"By the way, i heard that Mr Jung is drop-dead y, and can you believe it he just 23, a ceo of a multimillionaire airline." Ten chirped as he prepared the welcome champagne drink. 

 

"Need i remind you Ten that you have a boyfriend who i might add is the pilot for this flight." Taeyong squinted his eyes, pointing a knife at Ten. 

 

"I meant you silly, its bout time you and you're non existing get laid." 

"Oh and you're suggesting Mr Jung, i probably get fired and banned from even touching the airport grounds." Taeyong added before the three burst into laughters. 

 

"Okay we are 5 minutes until gate opens." The three did final check, placing plates and glasswares in their places and standing by the plane door ready to greet and assist the passengers to their assigned seats. One by one they start filling the plane. Taeyong was glad he was promoted to serving only first class passengers, its was definitely less tiring especially in such a big aircraft, the A380 which was a double decker. The first floor of the plane was solely economy and the upper deck 50 business seats and 9 first class cabins. He was getting more and more nervous about serving Mr Jung, god knows, what if he spilled or tripped, he would surely be fired on the spot. 

 

"Good luck yongie." Yuta whispered, failing badly to sent a wink. 

Taeyong look up and lord, he felt his soul left him to back. A man, a tall man dressed in a slim cut fitting navy suit hugging in all the right spot, showing off his broad shoulder which taeyong guess is probably his this month pay-check. And this god sculpted face, this man must have done a lot of good deeds in this past life to be blessed with such face, Taeyong thinks. His brown ruffled hair nestling snuggling above his eyebrows, sharp nose and defining jaw that could kill. I repeat kill. 

 

"Good evening Mr Jung, welcome onboard, let me show you to your seat." Taeyong thanked the lord that his gay panic did not show and that he didn't stuttered. 

 

"Mr Jung welcome to your private suite, my name is Taeyong and alongside me Yuta and Ten onboard the flight to Dubai, i will be taking care after you, this is the amenities kit, the control buttons to adjust the seat is right over here, and a console for the television. Let me to put away your coat. Before we take off would you like any refreshment Sir." 

 

"A glass of champagne would great, thank you Taeyong-shi." Taeyong swear he could die peacefully right then and there when Mr Jung flashed him a smile so deep his dimples adorning both side of this cheeks showed. 

 

"Wonderful I will be right back shortly." Walking back to the galley.

 

"So how is he?" 

 

"Ten you don't understand." Taeyong sighed dreamily, hands coming to rest in his chest. 

"Told you so lover boy, now off to your duties." Taeyong poured the champagne and took out a complimentary first class pyjamas and slippers along. 

 

"Sorry for the wait Mr Jung, here is your champagne and the pyjamas and slippers that you can change into for comfort." Taeyong handed out the drink ready to place it on the table, only for the young ceo to meet him halfway hands brushing against each other. Taeyong let out a small gasp and look up to find the the ceo chuckling adoringly at him. 

 

"Oh Taeyong-shi, i won't be needing this, i've brought my own." The young ceo said, handing back the pyjamas set. 

 

"Alright Mr Jung if you need any assistant, please do not hesitant to call me using this button. Here are the menu for dinner, you can order anytime after take off if you are feeling hungry." Taeyong smiled before leaving to tend to the other passengers. 

 

They got an okay sign from the crew, all passengers are onboard, they sent out final information to the air traffic controllers, latching the plane door closed, Taeyong walked to the crew area and announced to the PA system. 

 

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome onboard Flight 127 with service from New York to Dubai. We are currently third in line for take-off and are expected to be in the air in approximately seven minutes time. We ask that you please fasten your seatbelts at this time and secure all baggage underneath your seat or in the overhead compartments. We also ask that your seats and table trays are in the upright position for take-off. Please turn off all personal electronic devices, including laptops and cell phones. Smoking is prohibited for the duration of the flight. Thank you for choosing Neo Airlines. Enjoy your flight."

 

The three stewards returned to their position, in their respective seat, fastening their seat belt. The plane took off shortly.

 

 

"Good evening passengers. This is your captain, Johnny Suh speaking. First I'd like to welcome everyone on Neo Flight 127. We are currently cruising at an altitude of 33,000 feet at an airspeed of 400 miles per hour. Please relax and enjoy the rest of the flight."

 

Once the plane reached a certain altitude and was stable, the cabin crews moved into their position. Preparing for dinner. 

 

"Okay take down the orders and for passengers that wishes to skip do help them prepare their seat into a bed, the extra lining and blankets are over there and don't forgot to ask them if they want us to wake them up later for breakfast." Ten instructed them. 

 

Taeyong went down the aisle taking orders for Mr Lee and Mr Moon before Mr Jung. Taeyong crouched down on his right knee so that he was levelled to the ceo. The ceo changed into a more comfortable clothes now in a pair of jeans and hoodie, and suddenly he just look like that jock slash next door neighbour that everyone falls for and not the ceo of a multimillion company. And Taeyong definitely liked this version of the ceo more.

 

"Mr Jung would you be joining us for dinner?" Taeyong asked grazing him with a smile.

 

"Jaehyun." Taeyong was taken aback, looking at the ceo with his already wide doe eyes.

 

"I'm sorry sir?" 

 

"Please call me Jaehyun." 

 

"O-only if you call me Taeyong sir." Taeyong let out a shy giggle. Is this allowed.

 

"So for starters, what would you like Jaehyun-shi." 

 

"Can i get the caviar for the appetiser, the lamb cutlet for the main and oh a glass of chardonnay white please, that will be all."

 

"Lovely!" Taeyong took the orders on the given tablet before scurrying off. Ten and Yuta went around, setting up the seat for dinner, putting on the fake candle lit on each table, placing the lining up. 

 

Taeyong went round putting out the appetisers before appearing back with a carrier full of different wine. 

 

"How is the everything so far Jaehyun-shi, do you need anything else, any condiment?" Taeyong asked.

 

"Everything is great, just a refill for the wine please."

 

They got a short break after serving the main courses. 

 

"Spill." Yuta chirped.

 

"He asked me to call him by his first name, and you'd expect him to be all mighty and another snobby rich ceo yet he's the totally opposite. Always responding back in such a respectful manner. To sum it up, he just a whole package, now i am actually thankful to you guys for assigning him to me, let me tell you, you lots be missing out in life." Taeyong said, making mocking faces towards Ten and Yuta.  

 

"Honey bu bu you are falling hard." Yuta sings.

 

"I hope you enjoyed the lamb, would you like any dessert to end Jaehyun-shi?"

 

"Anything you recommend, surprise me Taeyong." 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

"I figured since the lamb could be quite heavy, i have here an apple sponge cake with apple sorbet, milk jam and custard and at the side some berries with rose syrup, enjoy Jaehyun-shi." Taeyong set the dessert back going back to prepare some chamomile tea for Jaehyun that would help will sleeping. 

 

"I see, someone is playing favourites here." Ten scoff cheekingly. 

 

The first class passengers finished their dinner and they settled for some sleep. The crew went around helping to incline the seat to a flat bed and lined the bed for more comfort. 

 

"Jaehyun-shi, please let me help to prepare for your bed."

 

"You have to stop it with the formalities, I'm starting to feel old here." The young ceo pretended to be hurt, a hand over his chest as he laughed at Taeyong, who was staring back at the ceo wondering how cuter can he get.

 

Before Taeyong could reply, the airplane experienced a turbulence, causing Taeyong to jerk forward, he embraced himself for impact, expecting the worse, but instead a pair of strong arm around his waist pulling him against the other's chest securely. "Careful there Taeyong, who's going to take care of me if you're injured." The taller whispered, eyes staring deeply into the other doe-like eyes. Thank god the aircraft was now dimly lit, half of the passengers were either asleep or engrossed with their entertainment. Okay this is more than what i bargained for, but who's complaining. Taeyong squealed internally.

 

"I-i'm so sorry Mr Jung, i swear i'm not like that, its just i just landed from an 8 hours flight job earlier and called in last minute as a replacement for this flight, i am so sorry again for my unprofessional conduct." Taeyong explain. 

 

"Hey, hey its fine, i understand, you should get some rest after this." The young ceo said softly, hands still not leaving the steward's petite waist. 

 

"Have a good night Jaehyun, should i wake you up in the morning later for breakfast?" 

"Oh he is definitely flirting, did you see that Yuta, wow they are definitely going for some action there." Ten screeched excitingly. 

 

"What action." Taeyong walked back to their resting area, still flushed from the earlier incident.

 

"We saw everything and Yuta even caught it on his phone, what do you say we blackmail him."

 

"Ten, he's your boss." Taeyong rolled his eyes, these two really will be the cause of his death. The three set up schedule round the clock check and assigned their resting time. 

 

Taeyong decided to do the first 2 hours. He wallked around the first class cabin.

 

"Hi could i get a cup of hot chocolate."

 

"Yes i will be right back Mr Moon." Taeyong said in a hushed voice afraid of waking up the other passengers. The cabin glowed in a warm blue tone, he returned with the cup of hot chocolate before resuming his checks. He hesitated a bit before, sliding the suite door to Jaehyun's suite, he quietly went up to the ceo who was sleeping, he pulled the blanket up arranged it before tucking it around the ceo comfortably. Little did Taeyong know when he left the suite, the young ceo smiled snugly. Finishing his rounds he went back to take his rest letting Yuta take over. A few hours of sleep later and the sun was starting to rise, the steward got ready to wake up the passengers and serve them breakfast. 

 

"Jaehyun-shi" Taeyong nudged the ceo slightly, taking a minute to admire how cute the ceo look, his hair pointing in all direction, his button nose peeking out from the blanket. Taeyong reached out to press the button, the window shutters rolled down, a blind light shining through. The ceo slowly awoke, hands rubbing his eyes and taeyong's heart did a little flip. 

 

"Sorry Jaehyun but we are 2 hours to landing and i figured you'd want some breakfast, i will get you some hot towels and breakfast will be served shortly." 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------

 

“Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Dubai International Airport. Local time is half past two and the temperature is about 30 degrees celsius. For your safety and comfort, please remain seated with your seat belt fastened until the Captain turns off the Fasten Seat Belt sign. On behalf of Neo Airlines and the entire crew, I’d like to thank you for joining us on this trip and we are looking forward to seeing you on board again in the near future. Have a nice day." Yuta announced. 

 

The passengers were getting off one by one, Taeyong did a final check along the first class cabins and was surprised to find the ceo still seated. 

 

"Jaehyun-shi is there any problem?" 

 

The ceo stood up from his seat, looking nervously, hands rubbing his nape. 

 

"I-I I know you are probably very busy, but would, would you like to join me for dinner this Friday night?" The ceo asked looking abit timid, ears going a shaded of pink as he look at Taeyong for answer.

 

Taeyong was shocked and speechless, his heart was racing out of his chest and he wondered if he heard the ceo correctly. 

 

"P-pardon me Jaehyun-shi."

 

"Would you like to go out on a date with me?" The ceo decided to just go for it.

 

"I-i ... sure!" Taeyong beamed after seeing the worry and self defeated face etched all over the taller's face. A date won't hurt right and Taeyong too wanted this so who was he to say no to a dinner date with a piece of fine specimen. They both chuckled shyly at each other at the straightforwardness before exchanging numbers. They were both going to saying goodbye before Taeyong decides to say it and he looked around before tip toeing and planting a chaste kiss on the ceo's cheek before looking back down not daring to look back at the taller man.

 

 

"I'll see you Jaehyun." Taeyong whispered shyly, blushing madly, he felt hand cupping his right cheek before feeling a kiss pressed onto his forehead. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I was expecting some tongue action and all i got was an old fashion cliche forehead kiss, hopeless." Ten rolled his eyes and he hand over the ten dollar bill to Yuta who was shouting in silent victory again.