A y and confidente smile

Litigious | Jenlisa

A Y AND CONFIDENT SMILE

1


 

The prosecution brought against Roseanne Park over the abduction, murder and concealment of the corpse of his wife, Kim Jisoo, offered Lalisa Manoban the easiest victory of her career. The prosecutor held all the necessary evidence at hand, as opponents a group of foul defense lawyers and a great logical line to present to the jury. The prosecution's victory over the defense was already a established fact, physical judgment was merely a judicial formality to fill out papers.

Before actually entering the court, she greeted a few other well-known lawyers and prosecutors with a restrained nod, automatically detecting that the lawyers at Pentagon (the defense counsel) were not present. Inside, some people from the audience were already occupying their chairs, and the aft with their spiky gray hair also sat on his own.

Lisa followed her team of three other prosecutors to the banks reserved for the prosecution. She opened the black briefcase from inside and pulled out his precious penal code and the application sheets, placing the empty briefcase beside his bank. This time she would not have the taste of the challenge that accompanied the particularly difficult legal disputes, but at least she would leave the court early, have a glass of an extra-strong American in the new cafeteria only two blocks from the courthouse and - for her own. displeasure - could even go to the stupid date arranged by his mother with a lawyer from Gangnam.

Her mother, an almost 56-year-old lady with an amazing knack of persuasion she used in her many years as a civil lawyer, finally understood and accepted why her almost 28-year-old daughter had never brought a boyfriend home (only particularly noisy friends during at night) and had decided that Lisa needed to run after the lost time and get married at once. No dating, this will take tooooo long, I want to see her entering the church before she dies (Mrs. Park's words). So she pushed her daughter blindly to meet any single gay girl she or her aqua gym friends knew. For some reason, heterouals had a habit of thinking that just because she was gay, she would date any other gay girl who came in front of her. Which obviously made dating the strangers a total fiasco. Lisa looked for three specific traits in her mate: Intelligence, and loving the law as much as she did. The chosen ones hardly had 1, who had given the 3. Meanwhile, this time, her mother had stated standing together on a plate of homemade jamyong that Lisa would like the chosen one.

"I saw her in person, Li. She's the niece that a college friend who came back from Australia. She's beautiful, smart and extremely successful," was what her mother said. And since Lisa could never say no to her mother, she now had a date set at eight in some grainy sea-view restaurant. Maybe it worked, probably not.

Kim Wonsik, a member of the prosecution team, handed the test stick to Manoban and wished her luck. But Lisa just smiled confidently, knew she wouldn't have to. The detectives responsible had found buried in the yard of Jisoo's spouse, Roseanne Park, a knife with traces of the victim's blood and filled with Park fingerprints. In addition there was a video of security cameras from the night of the disappearance showing the two of them fighting badly because, apparently, Jisoo was cheating on her. Passionate crime. Everything's solved. No problem. She wouldn't need luck, all she needed was on that table and inside her head.

Lisa leaned back in her chair and crossed her thin arms over the trunk covered by a social shirt and a straight-cut blazer. Since receiving the case on his desk, something has intrigued him. Why did the State want Lisa so much in this case? The state sent only the most difficult cases to its office, those which knew that only prosecutor Manoban could win. But this one was different. Jisoo's disappearance had not appeared in the media and the defense team chosen by the defendant was not particularly challenging. Deep down, Lisa was a little offended that they had given her such a small case and full of incriminating evidence without any challenge. 

Monoban took a breath and arranged the papers on the prosecution table. That would just be another judgment won at its perfect quota, there was no reason to wonder why. Just settle him as soon possible and go to your damn dinner.

Not even God could save Rosé from jail now. Lisa was sure of that.

 

The doors of the jury opened with a great thud that made everyone look at the entrance. Lisa followed the flow and nearly choked when she saw who had pushed them. Her skin starting to itch and her heart beating fast with the revelation of the newcomer, for if God couldn't save Rosé, that demon wearing mini skirt and scarpin heels would definitely be.

“What is she doing here?” Lisa went to her team. Hands clasped to the mahogany table, words coming out between her teeth as she tried to ignore the imposing figure now sitting in the center of the defense table and wearing Chanel from head to toe.

“Who?” Asked someone from the team tilting his head to see through Lisa. Her eyes widened when she noticed why the prosecutor's anger was “Je-Jennie Kim is the defense lawyer?”

Everyone at the table began to look at each other. They were terrified and surprised. The case suddenly went from gain to an extremely difficult cause.

“You didn't think to tell me?” Lisa demanded, her face turning purple with anger; nails scratching mahogany on the table.

"We couldn't tell you, we didn't know either." Wonsik whispered as he fiddled with the case paperwork to verify the information.” Look here.”

Wonsik showed the name written on top of the case document, it was a male name of the Pentagon company. Lisa gritted her teeth. Surely there was something behind it, Jennie Kim never played fair.

“Wasn't she in Australia?” Miyeon, another member of the prosecution team, asked looking a little confused as she also looked at Kim sitting across the room.

"We're lost." Wonsik throws himself into his chair and puts his head back.

While Lalisa Manoban was known for putting anyone behind bars, Jennie Kim was known for taking. She would release anyone who had enough money to pay his millionaire price regardless of the crime or how trapped she was.

“Damn it!” Lisa cursed, hitting her desk hard. They didn't have enough proof, not with Jennie sitting on the defense bench.

Lisa threw himself into the prosecution's bank. Jennie was wanting her to disperse with surprise and not think straight through the trial and hand her the kiss-over victory, but Lisa wouldn't let that happen. Not even. She had a title to keep.

Out of the corner of her eye, Lisa couldn't get over the urge to look at her opponent. Nerves boiling and muscles about to quiver. Jennie, unlike her, was impassive; She was looking straight ahead at the judge's chair. Upright posture, confident eyes and hair falling over her back wearing one of her famous Chanel sets. Lisa scowled at the lawyer, but unexpectedly, she turned her head simultaneously on Lisa and then smiled. A y and confident smile, your trademark.

Lisa smiled back; the open smile of one who accepted a challenge.

The sound of a hammer resonates.

“Good afternoon, gentlemen of the Jury, sit down, we will begin this session”.