final.

Only If - 3 a.m.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

3 a.m.

“Kyungsoo…”

“Hmm?”

“Aren’t you going to sleep?”

“hmm…”

“It’s almost three in the morning. You have to get up early tomorrow.”

“I know…”

A sleepy reply came in through the cell phone and Chanyeol couldn’t help but smile. Kyungsoo was probably struggling hard to not fall asleep right now. He let himself imagine how cute a sleepy Kyungsoo would look in his head and tried hard not to squeal. God, he was so whipped.

He chuckled in an attempt to hide the strong surge of emotions in his heart before saying, “I think you should sleep now, Soo. I’ll see you tomorrow. Good night.”

“Hmm…Okay…” Kyungsoo answered softly, almost stifling a yawn. “Good night, Chanyeollie.”

With that, the line went off and Chanyeol let out a soft sigh. He removed the slightly warm device from his ear and looked at the call records. He didn’t even realize that they were on the phone for more than three hours. He placed the gadget on the table before opening the door to his balcony and entering it.

He instantly shivered as a gust of cold wind blew in his face. Autumn was just around the corner, making the days shorter and nights colder. He knew he shouldn’t be here right now since he had always been prone to cold. But he couldn’t help it. He couldn’t help how beautiful Seoul looked at night when the streets were asleep and there was nobody around.

He couldn’t ignore how breathtaking the trees looked at night, how their green leaves were turning yellow with every passing day as if to remind everyone that with the time you have to change yourself. He was mesmerized with the empty streets drowned in these yellow lights.

He was truly awestruck with the night. Everything about the night called to him. Because only at night, he was the only one around. Because at night, he felt like the king of the world. Because at night, he could truly be himself.

Because only at night, he could be honest with his feelings.

He could be honest and say that he was irrevocably in love with his best friend, Do Kyungsoo.

He sat down on the wooden chair placed beside the door and relaxed into it. If Kyungsoo knew that the reason he was sniffling since last week was due to this, the smaller man would get so mad at him. He would nag Chanyeol so much about being careless and would tell him how he needs to keep himself warm in these changing seasons. Gosh… Why was Kyungsoo so adorable?

He smiled fondly as he stared up at the night sky and adorned how gorgeous the stars looked. It was so hard to see them nowadays due to all the light pollution that enjoying a sight like this was nothing less than a miracle. He let out another sigh and basked in the peace of the night as his thoughts started to wander around Kyungsoo.

He still remembers the first day he had met him.

It had been raining hard that day and as always, he didn’t bring an umbrella with him. It’s wasn’t cause he didn’t watch the weather report that day; he was just forgetful about stuff like these. So when the rain started, he had no one to blame but himself. And because of that, he had soon found himself standing inside the bus stop near his university gate in hopes of finding any kind of public transport.

It had been more than ten minutes and Chanyeol was unhappy with how everything was going. There was not a single sign of any kind of transportation and it was starting to annoy him. He was about fish out his phone to call Sehun when suddenly he felt someone tapping his shoulder.

He turned around and felt the hairs on his skin jump. There was a man, albeit a head shorter than him, standing there with a murderous look on his face. His eyes were narrowed down in glare and his face had that signature ‘don’t with me’ look. Even though Chanyeol was a man of 187 cm, he felt incredibly scared of the man standing in front of him.

Was he about to get robbed? Or worse, murdered?

The man must have understood the thoughts processing in his head because in the next moment he distanced himself from the taller man and looked down on the ground. Before Chanyeol could overthink this action, the smaller man spoke and in all honesty, he felt himself getting mesmerized with that deep honey voice.

“I’m not glaring at you.” The man had said sheepishly. “I just have a bad case of astigmatism and I left my glasses at home.”

“I’m sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable.” The smaller man apologized even when he didn’t do anything wrong. “I just need to make a call and I was wondering if you lend me your phone for a minute.”

Chanyeol, in any other situation, would have thought twice before handing anyone his phone. But as soon as the words escaped the man’s lips, he was unlocking his phone and giving it to him. He watched the smaller man with apt attention as the latter typed the number before dialing it. He stepped away from the smaller man when the latter started speaking to whoever was on the other side of the phone.

He didn’t mean to eavesdrop on the conversation but he sure picked up the Sehun’s name several times. He wondered how this man knew Sehun and why wasn’t he aware of this relation between the two? Sehun was sure to get bombarded with questions tonight.

He was so lost in his head that he didn’t realize when the man had stopped talking and was standing in front of him again with his phone on his hand. Only when the latter cleared his throat loudly, did Chanyeol realize that the conversation was already over.

“Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter