i can't stand him

The Lies We Tell For Love

Kim Hongjoong was a normal young man. 

He worked as a store clerk, had good grades, loved his family and friends. 

And he didn't care when the Jungs moved into town. Until they sent someone on purpose just to infuriate him.

Hongjoong tried his best to help the customers; he really did. But some of them were too much. For example, the blonde standing in front of him now. 

Look at you, Hongjoong scoffed inwardly. You think you're cool, with your long legs and your perfect hair. It's dyed. It's fake. Stop looking at me like that! Rub it in that you're tall, huh? It's 1985, no one gives a fck about height anymore. So don't you look down your perfect nose at me like that again.

The man flashed an awkward, annoyingly pretty smile. "Um, are you okay?" 

"What?" Hongjoong forced a smile. Stop pretending to be nice. Butler for the richest family around, we all know what type of people kids like you are. "I'm cool."

"Ok." The man took his groceries and smiled again. He signed his name with an expensive pen, leaving a flourish on the end. "Have a good one." 

"You too. Thanks for shopping with us." Hongjoong's smile vanished the second the blonde turned his back. 

"Rich kids," he muttered. He stared at the name, written in fancy, looping letters. Park Seong-Hwa. An annoyingly pretty name for an annoyingly pretty person. Hongjoong had known from the moment Park strutted into the store that his sweetness was an act. He walked like the earth didn't deserve the honor of him stepping on it. He clashed drastically with his surroundings, with pale hair, pink cheeks and flawless skin. Oh, it made Hongjoong mad. 

He shoved the money viciously into the cash register. Park Seong Hwa could kiss his , him and his expensive clothes and pretty handwriting. Hongjoong didn't care. He wasn't ever going to interact with the man again, anyway. 

 

San's book was no longer interesting. 

He had been enraptured at first, but it had gradually grown boring. He was tired of the plot, and of the main character. He was such a whiny bastard. San couldn't stand it. 

Mingi didn't care, of course; he was caught up in the latest news of the Jungs. He and Yunho had been spying on them all morning. San wasn't interested in spying; plus, he wanted to stay as far away from Ms. Jung as possible. She got on his nerves. 

San stretched out lazily in the hammock. He stared up at the canopy of trees above him, rocking gently until he lulled himself to sleep. He didn't see the Jungs go by; he didn't see the smirk on her face or the look of surprise on his. Surprise at what? That, we have yet to discover.