The Helpful Ones

The Helpful Ones
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Friday night again. The end of a long week of work for Mina. The stress of helping run a business was hard enough, but when the business is being run by your family, it's even harder. Mina usually wanted to say something to her father, but feared that it would cause an argument and potentially ruin her relationship. So she found it best to stay quiet and accept what her father decided. However, Friday night was when she could be free. Free from everything.

 

Tonight was no different. Same routine as any other Friday night. Get home from work, get changed into some more comfortable clothes rather than being in the suit she had to wear for work. Then, Mina would quickly grab a bite to eat before checking the clock on the oven and seeing 6:45PM being displayed meaning she had to leave. Mina grabbed her car keys and left for her destination.

 

It didn’t take too long for Mina to arrive at where she needed to be. Looking at her watch she saw it was five minutes to seven. ‘ Perfect, made it here with time to spare. ’ Mina exited her car and made her way into the small building in front of her.

 

“Ah Mina, glad to see you tonight.” An older woman welcomed Mina.

 

“Thank you Miss Yoo.” Mina bowed her head.

 

“How many times Mina have I said just call me Jeongyeon, no need for all the formalities.” Jeongyeon chuckled.

 

“Sorry Jeongyeon, so how many kids are their tonight?” Mina asked.

 

“Well, we have got twenty five currently here and we are expecting at least another eight.” Jeongyeon informed Mina. Mina looked worried. “Don’t worry Mina,” Jeongyeon put her hand on Mina’s shoulder, “We have me, you, Jihyo, Chaeyoung and a new helper all on top performance tonight. These kids will have the best time at this youth group tonight.”

 

“Sorry, did I just hear you say new helper?” Mina gulped.

 

“Yes you did.” Jeongyeon started before being interrupted by a door bell. “And I think this is her now.” Jeongyeon went to the front door of the building and opened the door allowing for a girl slightly younger looking than Mina to enter into the lobby.

 

“Hi, is this the place for the youth club?” the girl asked.

 

“Yes it is, are you the new helper?” Jeongyeon asked.

 

“Yes, my name is Chou Tzuyu.” Tzuyu said nervously.

 

“Well Tzuyu, welcome. My name is Jeongyeon and I run this youth group, and this lovely girl over here...” Jeongyeon pointed to Mina “is Mina, she will help you tonight if you need anything.”

 

Mina suddenly became very nervous. Despite helping at the club for nearly six years and not being judged by anyone for her family name and role in the business, Mina still didnt know everything about the club like Jeongyeon or Jihyo did. So the fact that she had to help Tzuyu settle in was a daunting task. But it was a task she knew she had to do. Mina turned to face Tzuyu for the first time and the task that was originally a hill, suddenly became a mountain.

 

“H- H- Hi T-T-Tzuyu” Mina stuttered. She couldn’t believe what she had seen in front of her. There was this beautifully attractive woman in front of her and Mina became a mess. However, it did bring a smile to the face of Tzuyu and helped her feel less nervous.

 

“H-Hi Mina,” Tzuyu giggled. “I guess someone is a little bit more nervous than me.”

 

“I- I am not” Mina tried to regain a little bit of composure.

 

“Okay, you are a lot more nervous than me” Tzuyu teased. But Mina didn’t mind Tzuyu’s teasing, it was playful yet somehow it was welcoming and comfortable to Mina.

 

“Shall we go and see the kids?” Mina tried to change the subject.

 

“Yeah, lets go. You can show me around then as the woman on the front door said to” Tzuyu s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter