my youth is yours

my youth is yours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

What if, what if we run away? What if, what if we left today?

“Jimin, come on! We have to go now or all the parking spots will be taken!” Jungkook yelled for the older who was upstairs taking forever to get ready as per usual. 

Jungkook could hear Jimin huff and stomp down the stairs, “I wasn’t even taking that long. We have an hour until it gets too busy, Kook,” Jimin reminded him. The drive to the beach took about half an hour from where they lived, leaving them another half hour to enjoy the beach before it gets too crowded, “You act like we’ve never been to the beach either.”

“Well I just want to get there and spend some quality time with my boyfriend before too many people crowd around us,” Jungkook countered, smile gracing his lips smoothly. 

Jimin rolled his eyes and grabbed his bag that was already sitting on the table in the dining room, “Let’s go then. If your logic makes any sense, let’s leave before the seagulls even get there. We need to get there early right?” 

Jungkook laughed and followed Jimin as the older left through their apartment door, closing it behind him and locking the door before the both of them hopped into their Jeep. 

What if, what if we said goodbye to safe and sound? What if, what if we’re hard to find? What if, what if we lost our minds? What if we left them fall behind, and they’re never found? What if, what if we start to drive? What if, what if we close our eyes? 

The drive to the beach was beautiful all the way through. Jimin and Jungkook’s apartment was up high in the mountains and in order to get to the beach, they have to go through the winding roads that lead down onto sea level ground. The drive down isn’t so bad as it is up. Going down, you can see the sun and the way it bounces off the water of the ocean right behind the mountain. Water glistened and bounced along with the flow of the earth and it graces the city of Busan every day. The scent was incredible, salt and sea creating only a beautiful image to those who could smell it. 

It was so different from the cityscape the boys were so used to. The city provided a routine agenda and happenings that one can prepare for. Jungkook had suggested they take their weekend over to the beach and spend it there where it was different for once. They hadn’t visited in forever, last time they did being last summer. It was as though they had dropped everything to get away and live differently for once. 

The Soft Top of their Jeep was removed for this trip, leaving the interior to the elements and the wind to whip around the couple as Jungkook drove down the mountain road. Jimin wore a pair of sunglasses to protect his eyes from the sheer intensity of the sun’s refection off the sea. A hand came up every now and then to brush his blonde locks out of his face so he could watch as the scenery blurred by. 

Through his peripheral vision, Jungkook watched Jimin sit back and relax for once. He had been so stressed with his job lately, having all these deadlines for important projects shoved all into one month with little to no notice. He was a renowned fashion designer and he had a whole line to plan and create for several other companies, including name brands like Gucci. Thank his best friend Taehyung for that. 

The amount of stress that had been put on him was excruciating. Several all-nighters were pulled and gallons of coffee consumed. Jimin only ever drank coffee when he needed to stay awake past two in the morning. Jungkook was thankful that it had ended the week before with promise that Jimin’s pieces were going to make the fall line with how impressive his craftwork was. 

Jungkook’s job wasn’t near as stressful, he instead running a dance studio. He had his own hours and worked with a lot of the youth in his studio. They say that if you do what you love, you never work a day in your life. But Jungkook found that if what you love to do is stressful, it can take years off your life. Or that’s what it did to Jimin at least. 

Jungkook lifted a hand from the steering wheel and reached to grab Jimin’s small hand that sat folded in his lap. A thumb instinctively started to rub along Jimin’s knuckles in a soothing motion and rhythm. 

Jimin looked over and smiled, his teeth sparkling in the light and shining so bright that Jungkook was thankful he was wearing his own pair of sunglasses. He had just recently had his crooked tooth fixed and while Jungkook missed the beautiful flaw, he still loved Jimin’s smile none the less. It was something that Jimin had always been insecure about and even though Jungkook had loved it, he could put up with the change if it made Jimin happier. 

Just then, the pair’s favorite song started to play over the radio. Jimin gasped and started to belt out the intro in that soothing voice of his. His voice sounded so pure and elegant, hitting every note on key and with such passion and love for the chords that it set Jungkook’s own passion alight in his chest. He too sang with all his might, harmonizing Jimin’s voice with his lower tone. They had their own performance in the Jeep with the wind roaring around them like their own audienc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter