Brushing On the Past

Love, Like, Death.

 

Chapter 3: POV change

New characters~!!

                Kwon Ji Yong sat at his table thinking… more new ideas for his fifth music album for him and his music group, Big Bang. He pondered at the past and everything that happened. Dae Sung got into a car accident with the car in front, causing him to crash into a taxi. He had been shut off with the public world or so long now, unable to look people in the eyes. Ji Yong, on the other hand, took a cigarette from a stranger at a party, which turned out to be . Big Bang nearly broke apart as well, before these events happened… then, Ji Yong’s girlfriend got kidnapped.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

                ‘Aegyo…’ I thought to myself, sighing as my mind fogged up. I couldn’t think. Everyone else had left me to goof off at a restaurant with his girlfriend. I’m just bored out of my mind! Staring at all the possible album titles I could use, I finally gave up. But then, I noticed a small slip of paper that seemed to be stuck to my desk, ignored. I took it and read; “AliveJ”. I smiled, seeing my best friend, Tae Yang’s writing. It is true, after everything we all went through, yes, we are Alive. I placed the paper down and took out a fresh sheet and began writing lyrics to our first song. It should express the way all of us feel. Hmm, sad… Blue. Not bad. Soon after, I drifted off. I could see her, Cho Ae Cha… running towards me. I spread my arms out to receive her, but before she could reach me, a guy leaped out in front of me. He wore a baggy white jacket with a turtle neck and baggy jeans. He looks familiar, too familiar. In a split second, the stranger grabbed my girl and then I heard her call for me. “Ji Yongie! Ji Yongie! Save me! Ji Yong! G-Dragon, snap out of it!” I heard her cries but I was frozen on the spot. Suddenly, I bolted awake, sweat sliding down my forehead as I breathed irregularly.

                “Are you okay?” Ae Cha looked at me, concerned. The rest of my group was home, and my girlfriend was sitting next to me at my desk. My breathing subsided and I finally calmed down enough to smile.

                “Gwaenchanhnya? How are you?” my best friend asked me, worry in his eyes. He stopped cooking kimchi for a moment, which I assumed was for me, since I didn’t have dinner yet.

                “He probably dreamt of that day when Zico kidnapped his girlfriend again.” Sighed our maknae, meaning youngest member; Seung Ri. He came over to me and layed a hand on my shoulder. “It’s scary how he’s still not arrested.” He whispered.

                I nodded in agreement just as our group’s oldest member, T.O.P walked in hugging her girlfriend; Ga Eul. They looked at me and smiled, T.O.P with his goofy, cute expression. “Ji Yong, why didn’t you come with us?” T.O.P whined. Ga Eul giggled at his cuteness.

                I punched my friend playfully on the shoulder. “Yah! If you think that I could accomplish anything while I’m out for dinner with you guys, you’re insane. And plus, I had to come up with our new album. You do know that YG wants it complete and selling by February 29th. We have only one more month!”

                “Oh. Yeah, that’s right. So what idea did you come up with while we were out?” T.O.P asked. He came and looked over my shoulder at all my brilliant ideas.

                “Alive. I really like Tae Yang’s idea. Thanks for the amazing idea, Young Bae (Tae Yang’s real name)!” I smiled at my best friend just as T.O.P began looking through the song lyrics that I came up with for one of our songs.

               Tae Yang smiled as he continued to cook my dinner. I am thankful that I have such an amazing friend like Young Bae. He always looks out for me and, like the rest of the band; they always look out for me, even though I am their leader. Whatever decisions I make, I confirm with my band first. Just as I began to write out more lyrics to my newly written song; Blue, Dae Sung walked in.

                “Hyung…” he began. Hyung meant ‘older brother’ in Korean; usually used by a guy. “I came up with some song lyrics and I was wondering if you could come up with a melody to it. Maybe we can use it for our album.” He handed me a sheet with lyrics written out. ‘Wings’… that was the name of this song, I read through them as Dae Sung continued talking. “I want to sing a medium speed song, maybe so I can have a chance to look at our fans again.” I smiled at him; I knew that he had been too scared and haven’t honestly looked at his fans for a long time.

                “Dae Sung, I think this should be your solo. I like your idea and I’ll definitely make a melody for this song! Dae Sung, fighting!” I encouraged him, pumping up my fists. Everyone laughed, and Seung Ri hugged Dae Sung.

                “Ji Yong. Do you want to eat something before your brain dies?” Young Bae asked, smirking at me.He knew me all too well. I laughed and walked over to the kitchen the same moment T.O.P the TV. For an instant, my girlfriend froze to her spot, shocked, or maybe frightened. I couldn’t tell because her back was facing me.

                “Uh, Ji Yong… you might want to come watch this.” Seung Ri said, nervously. I walked over to where everyone was standing; in front of the TV. Then, I realized the reason why Ae Cha looked so scared. On the screen, there was Zico and the rest of Block B. This was their newest release, I assumed, since I had never heard this song before. But, the lyrics… why does he sound so arrogant? No, this can’t be any good. Did he have a new target; to get back at me, perhaps? ‘No, he doesn’t know me that well.’ I denied. But… he did threaten me before he left the last time, didn’t he? What if… this is his way of taking revenge on me for stealing his lover?

                I jumped as my ringtone played loudly. I walked over to my desk to see who called. Ah, it’s Kim; my younger sister. I picked up, “Annyeong.”

                “Oppa. How are you?” Kim asked. I smiled. My sister and I are tight, even as we grew older, we were still connected. Recently, I haven’t checked up on her too much, so I felt the need for us to fill in on what each of us missed.

                “Ah, Kimchi, I’m fine! How have you been?” I chuckled, knowing how much she hated being called a food because of her name, but, I still felt the urge to . I looked around to see the rest of my friends had already carried on with life, as if nothing out of the normal had happened. The music video was ignored and the TV was turned off. But I sensed a look of discomfort from my girl. I’ll talk to her later.

                “Yah! Ji Yongie!! Stop calling me that!” Kim yelled at me through the phone. I giggled. “I’m fine. I enjoy my new school. I met a lot of friends and now I have a boyfriend!” she squealed through the phone. “How are promotions going with Big Bang?”

                “That’s great! I’m happy for you! My little girl is growing up. Well, we’re doing well with songs and albums. Expect a new album to come out next month! I’ll give you a free copy. And what have I missed this past six months? You didn’t get yourself into any trouble, now, did you?” I asked. Though I was gone for a good amount of my life for activities that every celebrity have to take part in, I was still always concerned for my sister. She was everything to me.

                “Well… oppa, do you, by any chance, know a guy named Zico?” she asked, carefully. I froze to the spot I was standing. How does Kim know Zico? Don’t tell me that she- no, God, no, don’t let her get hurt! “Oppa?” she called, sensing the silence and worry that was threatening to engulf me in one go.

                “Kim… whatever you do, DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT associate with him, do you understand?” I told her strictly. “How do you know him?”

                There was silence over the phone as my sister sighed. “Zico attends my school. I was kidnapped by him about a month ago… but my boyfriend saved me. Don’t worry, Ji Yong, Key has dealt with Zico before. And I trust Key to be able to protect me if Zico even dares to try come near me. But I haven’t seen Zico at school lately, thank God!” she chuckled nervously. “But I just thought I wanted to tell you about this…”

                After a moment, my sister and I said our goodbyes and hung up. After I placed my cellphone down, I walked over to my baby and sat next to her on the bed. I was silent, nervous and frightened. But knowing that my sister was safe, I calmed down a bit, but not enough to fully let my guard down. Zico swore that he would take revenge on me, and I knew he was targeting my sister, my beloved sister. That sentence was still fresh in my mind…

                “Kwon Ji Yong. You will pay! I swear that one day; I will make you feel as horrible as I do now! One day, I’ll show you just who you’re messing with! Be prepared, GD. You’ll wish for all your life that you never met me, EVER, you worthless piece of ! I WILL get you back, you son of a ! Don’t you forget that!” he grinned calmly, his signature smirk plastered on his damned face. He was shushed by one of the police officers, who knee’d him in the groin and shoved him in the back of the wailing police car, and drove away.

                I shuddered, as I turned my focus back to my girlfriend sitting next to me. “Gwaenchanhnya?” I asked Ae Cha. She looked up at me and smiled.

                “I’m fine, Ji Yongie. Don’t worry. I’m just getting flashbacks. Are you okay? You don’t look any better than me.” She nudged me, and chuckled.

                I smiled, knowing how easy it was for her to read through my every thought, just like Yong Bae. I told her about my sister and how she was kidnapped by Zico. I was scared and I poured out everything to my baby, and she listened, like she always had.

                “Don’t worry, oppa. Your sister may look weak on the outside, but I know she is very strong. And plus, she has a strong boyfriend now. Just like my Ji Yong baby.” She leaned in and kissed me softly. I kissed her back. I know she was right, but I am Kim’s oppa, and I get easily worried.

                I whispered, “But last time, I almost lost you…” I looked at her, and her face was full of compassion. I just wanted to hug her all night and stay this way forever. She wiped away the tear that had mysteriously formed in my eyes, while another one formed, threatening to fall down and wet my shirt.

                “Don’t blame yourself for it. I was the stupid one that ever fell for such an idiot like him. I lured him, and I won’t blame you. He hurt me, so it’s his fault.” She smiled up at me. She kept holding me and we stayed like that for what felt like an hour, until we both decided to go to sleep.

***

                I woke up to the sound of plates crashing to the floor, followed by someone yelling, “Yah! Look what you did! Didn’t I tell you to be careful!?” it was Tae Yang, I laughed to myself, before getting up and doing a quick stretch. I tiredly slumped out of my room.

                “What was all that racket? Can’t a leader wake up more pleasantly instead of getting a heart attack so early in the morning? Aish!” I whined, just as Ae Cha walked over to me and hugged me. I hugged her back, before T.O.P stuck his head in the living room where we were.

                “Get a room!” He laughed. He chucked a nearby pillow at us. I caught it and threw it back at him. “Yah!” He laughed again.

                “Not before you do! You’re the one that screams ‘Ga Eul!!’ Every single night!  So don’t even talk.” I laughed, as T.O.P’s girlfriend, Ga Eul, walked in, looking like she just woke up.

                Tae Yang laughed at our immaturities. He said, “As I was saying, Seung Ri accidently tossed all the plates that I had planned to use for breakfast on the floor.” Seung Ri pouted.

                “It wasn’t my fault. The floor was slippery…” He muttered. “Where’s T.O.P?” he said, getting all attention off him.

                “Shouldn’t you be calling him ‘hyung’? He is older than you, and you know that.” Dae Sung came in after using the washroom. He was all smiles this morning; I wonder if something eased his mind last night?

                Seung Ri said, “I said T.O.P. hyung!” He claimed. “As I was saying, where’s T.O.P hyung? Is he with Ga Eul?” he walked out of the room as he spoke. We all laughed at him, knowing clear well that his annoyance probably caused him to forget to respect his elder. In about 10 minutes, we were all headed towards the kitchen, where Tae Yang had prepared our breakfast.

                While we ate, Dae Sung told us that the family of the deceased boy in the taxi, on the night of the car crash, had come over earlier this morning and forgave him. We were all too happy and all the more happy for Dae Sung, since it should be easier for him to let go of his past and move on.

                After we were done eating, I left to my room to grab my cell phone before we went for our photo shoot. I looked at my phone; 2 missed calls. Who would call me at 2:30 AM? The number was even stranger. In Korea, we have an eight digit phone number, but the number that had called my cell last night had only seven digits. Strange… but I dismissed the thought, since this was no time to stress about a seven digit phone number.