「17」

Lost Piece
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Told ya, it sounds weird. I like the previous chords better."

 

 

 

Yesung rolled his eyes on Kyunghoon's comment and crossed out the notes he just wrote for God knew how many times. He glanced at the person slouching across him and exchanged a knowing look with Kyunghoon. Praying for Heechul wouldn't kill him, Yesung tried to nudge Heechul's arm to get his attention—the oldest of the three had been so quiet since they began discussing—but he failed as Heechul didn't even raise his head.

 

 

 

"Hyung. Come on, give us your opinion. It's your song."

No answer, Kyunghoon got up from his seat beside Yesung and moved to sit next to his Hyung. He was about to pat his shoulder, intending to comfort the seemingly low-spirited man, but Heechul suddenly rose, catching him having his hand midair. He quickly pulled his hand down and shifted his focus on the song sheet again.

 

 

 

"My head hurts. I can't think right now. Sorry."

Heechul rubbed his face with his palms roughly as he tried to sober up. Yesung looked at him, slowly getting irritated with how Heechul behaved since he came to his dorm last night.

"What actually happened, Hyung?"

"Nothing important. Don't mind me. I'll order something first. Wait here."

Not waiting for his friends' affirmation, Heechul got up and walked to get a meal from the food vendor of his faculty canteen.

 

 

 

"Hyung, get some drinks for us too."

Yesung yelled, grinning. Heechul smirked as he turned his body slightly.

"You pay—"

 

 

 

His words were cut off abruptly when a pair of arms suddenly encircled his body from behind, pulling him into an unexpected hug. He was utterly shocked and almost screamed for help but he aborted his intention when the voice he hadn't heard for almost two days reached his ears.

 

 

 

"Let's go home."

.

He hated how he couldn't react to any of this—to push his professor away like what he always wanted. He hated how he secretly enjoyed the warmth Jungsoo gave him. He hated how he had to admit that he didn't hate meeting him again.

 

 

 

"Let me go."

Heechul hissed, trying to wriggle his body away from his professor albeit his heart against it. But the professor was more stubborn than the usual, tightening his hold and daringly putting his head on his shoulder.

 

 

 

"Prof. Park, I said let me go."

Heechul was getting annoyed by the persistence of his professor moreover when he noticed that many people began to linger their eyes on him and Jungsoo, murmuring to each other. Damn— Heechul attempted to pry Jungsoo's hands from his waist but again, he failed.

 

 

 

"People are looking. Dammit."

Just then, Jungsoo finally released his hug and Heechul thought that he succeeded in getting away from his professor but he was wrong—very wrong. He was taken by surprise when his professor suddenly spun his body around and stared at him, deeply, and intently that he had no courage to return the gaze.

 

 

 

"We're going home," Jungsoo breathed.

Heechul noticed the gentleness of the request. It was almost as if Jungsoo begged him to do it.

"I beg you."

. Heechul dared himself to challenge Jungsoo's stare because he was certain that all of this was part of their acts in order to secure their deceit, and he wanted to make sure he caught all the lies in Jungsoo's eyes. But, he almost immediately regretted his intention when his eyes met his professor's gaze. He found nothing other than hopefulness. Jungsoo was looking straight into his eyes with so many emotions that if the older was indeed acting, he deserved an award. He was a step closer to believing that Jungsoo indeed wanted him to go home.

 

 

 

 

 

"Let him go."

 

 

 

Heechul's eyes shot open when he heard Kyunghoon's voice that the younger should never let out. He tried to peek his professor's expression and it was nothing good. Jungsoo bored his gaze to his friend whom he assumed was right behind him.

 

 

 

"And why is that? I don't think you have a say in this matter."

 

 

 

Many people had openly become spectators of this unwanted scene and Heechul felt like dying. There was no way Kyunghoon would back off if it was the case. Sighing, he tugged on Jungsoo's shirt and thankfully, the older gave him attention. He bit his lip, as he found talking to his professor was still awkward, and signaled to go before they attracted too much unwanted attention.

 

 

 

"I'm his friend and I have the right to protect—"

"I'm his husband. Thank you for the concern but we can solve the problem by ourselves."

Jungsoo smiled in victory when he was finally able to shut Kyunghoon off. He immediately grabbed Heechul's hand and left the canteen.

 

 

 

 

 

 

»»————- ♡ ————-««

 

 

 

 

 

 

"You can get your hand off me. It's safe now."

 

 

 

Heechul frowned when his hand was being squeezed instead as his professor was starting the engine of the car. Unsure of what had gotten to Jungsoo that he suddenly asked him to go home and acted a little weird—he kept holding his hand even when they were already inside the c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter