Tell Him

Tell Him

“You’re leaving, aren’t you?!” Donghae asked, almost in a shout as he stared at Kibum with eyes filled with betrayal and sadness. Kibum had been offered a role in a new drama – problem was that it was going to be filmed on the other side of the country over an extended amount of time, far away from the rest of Super Junior and Donghae.
 
“Dongh-” Kibum started, but Donghae refused to listen to a word that Kibum was saying right now, riling himself up more with each passing second. 
 
“Why do you have to take it? Why do you have to leave?!” the older boy said, now shouting, tears starting to form in his eyes. Kibum started to take a few steps towards him, but Donghae then took a few steps away from him. “Don’t! If you’re leaving, just leave!” Donghae said upset. If he just left, maybe the pain wouldn’t be as much. Of course he knew that it wouldn’t have mattered, it would hurt just as much either way – maybe even more if Kibum left without the two saying a real goodbye.
 
“I’m not leaving!” Kibum said before the other could shout at him some more. For a moment it looked like Donghae was going to shout at him again regardless, but he seemed to forget what he was about to say as Kibum’s words slowly registered in his head.
 
“You’re…not?” he asked in slight disbelief, now in a much calmer tone.
 
“I declined the offer,” Kibum said. At those words, a smile appeared on Donghae’s face again and a second later he took a few quick steps towards Kibum and flung his arms around him in a hug.
 
“Don’t ever leave, Kibummie,” he said, not letting go, as if he was afraid that if he did, he would change his mind and take the offer after all. 

“I won’t,” Kibum said softly. When they finally took a step back, Donghae said, “Why?”
 
“Why what?” Kibum asked, though he knew very well what he meant. He just didn’t want to go into detail about it – especially not with Donghae.
 
“Why did you reject the offer?” Donghae clarified, looking curiously at Kibum, waiting for an answer.
 
Kibum knew several reasons he could give him, all of them believable. Even if he hadn’t given the most believable reason, Donghae probably would have believed him anyway. He was too trusting like that sometimes.
 
However, a voice in his head kept telling him to tell Donghae the real reason.
 
If you want him to
Make your heart sing out
And if you want him to
Only think of you
 
Tell him that you're never gonna leave him
Tell him that you're always gonna love him
Tell him, tell him, tell him, tell him right now

 
How was he supposed to tell him? Kibum had never been one to talk about his feelings, or talk much at all. What if Donghae didn’t feel the same way? Everything would be ruined if that was the case.
 
“Kibummie?” Kibum was snapped back to reality as Donghae was waving a hand in front of his face, looking a bit worried. “Are you okay?”
 
“Yeah.”
 
“So, why did you?” Donghae asked again, not letting Kibum off the hook.
 
If you want him to be
Always by your side
Take his hand tonight
Swallow your foolish pride and
Tell him that you're never gonna leave him
Tell him that you're always gonna love him
Tell him, tell him, tell him, tell him right now

 
Kibum hesitated a few seconds before finally mumbling, “Because of you.”
 
“What do you mean?” Donghae asked in that typical innocent-voice of his. Sometimes he really was stupid, like really stupid. Of course this made it even harder on Kibum, since he would have to actually explain to make Donghae fully understand what he meant.
 
“Sometimes you are really stupid, you know that right?” Kibum told him with a shock of his head. Donghae just gave him a confused look, still not getting it.
 
“I didn’t accept the offer, because that would mean I would have to be away from you, and I don’t think I would be able to go a day without seeing your stupid smile or hear your voice,” Kibum said, now suddenly finding it easier to tell him everything.
 
“I want to always be near you and hear you laugh and fool around. My world would fall apart without you. I don’t ever want to leave you, because I love you.” He fell quiet, turning to look down at the floor – too embarrassed to look at Donghae after his confession. At least it was out now.
 
“Oh,” Donghae said sheepishly, finally understanding. There was complete silence for what seemed to be forever. Kibum just wanted to die right then and there, or sink through the floor to never come back. Why had he said all that? Now everything was ruined. He wo-
 
“Why didn’t you say something earlier?” Donghae’s voice suddenly interrupted his thoughts. Kibum looked up, now his turn to look confused.
 
“I…w-what do you mean?” he asked. At his words Donghae grinned widely.
 
“Sometimes you are really stupid, you know that right?” he said, imitating Kibum’s words from a few moments earlier. Before Kibum could say anything, Donghae stepped closer to him, put his arms around his neck and kissed him gently. At first Kibum was too shocked to really do anything, but a few seconds later he kissed him back, smiling as he did so.
 
The kiss was really nothing special, just a simple, sort of shy kiss, but to Kibum it was amazing and it made his heart skip a beat or two. When he woke up that morning he could never have imagined that this would happen.
 
“You don’t know for how long I’ve wanted to do that,” Donghae said as they had pulled away. Donghae had taken the words out of Kibum’s mouth, but instead of saying that, he just smiled, his heart feeling lighter than it had in a long time.
 
I know somethin' about love
You gotta show it and make him
See that moon up above
Reach out and get it