Chapter 2

L _ _ E

Results of the recent test were soon to be released to the class. As students fidgeted in their seats for the announcements, a certain girl looked in the direction of the other, with a serious face expression.

 

“I hope her hard work paid off..”

 

The teacher soon called out names for the scripts to be collected from his desk. 

 

“Kim Jungeun. Ki-” He didn’t need to say twice before the girl stood up from her seat confidently, almost with an aura that speaks of positivity. 

 

As she returned to her seat after taking the paper, a lone tear could be seen rolling down her cheeks. 

 

“...”

 

---

 

“Here, coffee for you.” The nerd sat next to the crying classmate as she let her emotions out in a secluded area at the top floor of the building during the school break.  

 

Perhaps the girl was sniffing too hard that she hadn’t realized that her head was placed on the shoulders of the other party… 

 

Around 20 minutes had passed before the crying girl noticed how the clothing on her cheeks was slightly moist. 

 

“Huh?” She looked up to see a slightly concerned girl staring back at her with the same confusion as she had. 

 

“Jinsoul..” Jungeun whimpered as she realized what went on, and quickly pulled a distance away from the other girl while slowly regaining her composure. 

 

“I’m sorry, do you not like that?” Jinsoul spoke with an uncertain tone but was immediately soothed by the owl’s voice. 

 

“No.. on the contrary.. I’m fine with it.” The owl mumbled beneath between peaks of breaths as she slowly turned her head away from the nerd. 

 

“But your actions are telling me otherwise.” The down-to-earth girl tugged onto the shirt of the owl slightly, before letting go when no response was heard. 

 

“Ding.. dong..” The school bell went off, signaling the students to get ready for the next class. 

 

“Hey, we need to go back.” Jinsoul was ready to walk back before her study buddy asked her a question. 

 

“Do you think I did badly for the test?”

 

She paused in her steps and faced the remorseful girl. 

 

“You improved from the previous test right? That’s what matters the most. It’s okay even when you didn’t pass the papers this time, but we can still continue to thrive and move on forward for our next one.” Jinsoul walked back to the girl who remained on her spot and held out her hand. 

 

“It’s fine, you just have to try harder. And I know you can.” A smile finally broke out on the once cold nerd’s face as Jungeun held on tightly to her hand. 

 

“I .. think.. I..like you.” A screen of red flashed across the ears of the shorter girl as they continued their journey back to the classroom.