Chapter 01

Last Summer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-Summer 2018-

[Bae Irene’s POV]

She was born two minutes faster than me. Actually we don’t have any differences in appearance. We are twins after all. Eventhough we’re biologically sisters but sometimes she likes to switch our role. She’s so feminine and oh so damn perfect girl that not easily get laid of. It doesn’t mean I’m the easy one to catch but this girl probably won’t ever touch your hand. She’s Bae Joohyun, the first born of The Baes.

Do I have to introduce myself?

Yes you do have.

Alright, I’m the second born of The Baes, Bae Irene. Bae Irene is a normal college girl. Party, taking part in community, or meeting new people through tinder. I’m a social butterfly not like my sister who always strict over classes.

I was playing a game inside my sister private library when she suddenly asking me to switch the role “Don’t you have any project this summer with your useless community?” She’s always make my vein burned but I do used to it.

 

“I’m technically jobless right now. Well summer means bikini party!” I replied while still playing a game on her phone. “Why you asking?”

 

“I have an interesting job for you” She seems so sure about the Job. I’ve already know her since in the womb and she won’t ever lying about its job. I still playing the game and she must be thinking that I didn’t take her offer seriously. “I will pay your meal for month”

 

“I’m not interested.” My focus still on the game, “The hell you park sooyoung!” I yelled at the phone.

 

“I will give you a brand new phone” I could see she’s smirking and I rolled my eyes.

 

“What job is it?” This time i put the phone away, “Don’t you say that you push me to be surrogate for your research”

 

“Oh my God suit yourself. Your DNA can’t even make a smart baby and no, it wasn’t about surrogate thing but it’s kind of the easiest job” She was smirking like a fool.

 

“Ok but can you stop smirking? It tells me that this job probably useless” I sighed.

“It would be fun. I will give you a new phone after you finish your job”

 

“Just tell me about the job”

 

“Please replace me as a volunteer but pretend that you are Bae Joohyun. I have something more important to do” She pleaded.

 

“Same old same day.” I sighed. My older sister really doesn’t like being the centre of the crowd or be part of society. “So where the volunteer will hold?”

 

“Indonesia”

 

It’s fun.

Well she didn’t lie about how fun this volunteering was. I met with a new people, new connection, even though i’m taking role as Bae Joohyun but i could see how meaningful this event was. Sometimes i wondering why my sister didn’t like a crowd even she’s medical student and soon to be a doctor.

“Joohyun!” the man in brown shirts waved his hand. He’s Junmyeon, a med student and also my sister’s friend.

 

“You know you can call me Irene since you’ve already know i’m not Bae Joohyun” I rolled my eyes. It’s our first week at the volunteering event and i need to survive 3 weeks more.

 

“We should acting like a pro.” He giggled. “Wanna take a walk? The local told me that not so far from here, there’s a beautiful waterfall” He smiled. I don’t even know what to say but this man is probably too handsome. God help me.

 

“Sure” I nodded while he offers the hand for me. Suit yourself, Irene.

 

We walked slowly to catch a nice air. I don’t know what to say but this country can heal everysingle person who needs some meditations. Far from the city, not so cold air but still warm, and also the insects voice.

 

Help!!!

“Can you hear it?” He asked. The voice coming from the valley near us. It was like boy’s voice.

 

“Come on we should find him” We walked to the valley nearby and found nothing.

Help!!!

 

“There!” Junmyeon still holding my hand and walked to the left side. “Oh god. There he is”

We saw the boy with scout uniform holding the branches. “Hey little guy, hold on, i will find the help”

 

“No. Just take this rope, hyung.” The little guy threw the rope to junmyeon and he unlace it. “Throw it to me.” Wow this little guy was so brave.

 

“Pull it and noona  you can also pull it.” I nodded.

 

“Oh God, why you are there little guy?” Junmyeon asked when this guy already on the ground.

 

“Uhm...I want to help this kitten” He was smiling after showing us the kitten.

 

“Even you would be die? Oh God don’t do this stuff again!” I yelled at him. He was  startled but i said sorry after it.

 

“What’s your name? And why you are here with scouts uniform?” Junmyeon asked.

 

“I’m Seulgi, Kang Seulgi and...” before he continue, a man with scout uniform walked to us.

 

“Oh God, Seulgi. Why you do this!” he kneeled in front of Seulgi and brushes the dirty clothes.

 

“Dad! I was helping the kitten” He giggled.

 

“That’s good but you must watchout. What if you are in danger” He stood up and bowed to us. “Thank you for helping my son. I’m his dad.”

 

“Thank you noona, hyung for helping me” He was smiling.

 

“I’m J-Joohyun and he’s Junmyeon. We are volunteering here.”

 

They bowed to us before left the place. “Well...should we go there?” Junmyeon asked me.

 

“I think we can go there tomorrow”

 

Summer (2019)

[Bae Joohyun POV]

“alright it’s the last time, i don’t want to be your bodyguard” My best friend Yongsun stomped her feet. “You are already 21, Joohyun. You can do it alone!” As much as she complained about me, she still accompany me anyway.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter