fin.

Ferris Wheel Troubles

     There was only one thing coming out of Wonyoung’s mouth at that moment.

 

     “HOLY , NAKO HOLD ME.”

 

     “Jesus Christ, calm the DOWN!” Nako gasps for air as the taller’s arms snake around her back, holding on for dear life. She uses the little strength she has compared to the baby giant to push her off, making the Ferris wheel pod they were currently trapped in shake harder than it had been before. Wonyoung’s face goes ghost white, and the shorter wishes she could take a picture of how ridiculous she looked and post it on her Twitter account. Mhmhm, yes, that would get her some clout.

 

     The younger clasps onto the walls, trying to steady her breathing, which calms her down for a bit until she makes the mistake of looking at the capsule’s large windows that showed her exactly how incredibly far up in the air they were. The sight alone makes her queasy.

 

     Perhaps this was the biggest mistake she had ever make. She takes a mental note to not ever partner up with Nako on an amusement park trip ever again.

 

     “Holy ,” the younger wheezes out, “How long has it been since we’ve been stuck here?”

 

     “Don’t worry,” the lavender haired girl scoffs, “It’s probably no big deal.” She then smirks and wiggles her eyebrows mischievously, “I hear they make Ferris wheel rides last longer on purpose so the couples riding get more time to smoochy-smooch.”

 

     The shorter’s comment gets a fake gag out of the other, her legs trembling as she slowly made her way over to her seat next to Nako. She tilts her head back and rests it on the wall behind her, letting out a breath she had been holding in for a while.

 

     Nako chuckles, “I’ve never seen you so shaken like this. This isn’t so bad.”

 

     “Perhaps I have an enormous fear of heights.”

 

     “Which is ironic considering you’re the tallest in our friend group.”

 

     Wonyoung looks over towards the other, an incredulous look on her face, “You’re not a teeny bit anxious about the situation we’re in?”

 

     Nako rolls her eyes, “Maybe your trickass shouldn’t have stayed up watching Final Destination movies with Yujin last night.” She looks out the glass, “Plus, the view is amazing here.”

 

     Wonyoung follows the shorter’s eyesight to the outside. She was right, the landscape of the park from up there was incredible. All the rides were out for display, and the people walking around looked like tiny ants. The glow of golden-hour only made this whole scenery look even more breath-taking. 

 

     Dare Wonyoung say, as breathtaking as the girl beside her, who was now resting her head on her shoulder. The feeling of the shorter’s breath lightly fanning against her neck was admittedly taking her mind off of the fact that they were still hanging 70 feet up in the air.

 

     The latter’s gaze on her interrupts her dazes, their heads now only inches away from each others’. 

 

     “You look kinda cute right now, no cap,” Nako breathes out, and Wonyoung doesn’t know if she should feel nervous or excited about how the former’s eyes were looking directly at her lips. Maybe both. Giddy would be the correct word to describe her feelings right now. 

 

     “Gee, thanks,” Wonyoung mumbles, causing the older to laugh softly and scooch ever so slightly closer to the other. She her lips, her eyes flitting from the taller’s deep brown eyes to her glossy peach lips.

 

     “Perhaps a kiss would calm your nerves a bit?” she asks the younger.

 

     “Not really. It’d do the opposite actually,” she says absentmindedly, “But I would still very much like one.” And so Nako presses their lips together, molding them together in an oh so gentle kiss as she raises her arms to rest them on the other’s shoulders. 


     Wonyoung takes another mental note; to always partner up with Nako on amusement park trips.