Chapter One

Following Mr Lee

He smiled brightly when he close the locker. He is sure no one knows what he is doing right now and really happy what he has been placed inside the locker.

And that guy must be happy too.

He nodded and praising himself. These three weeks, he has done a lot of good job and being a quite amazing spy. Going through here and there just for spying someone and he can escaped until now is such unpredictable for Lee Donghae.

Yeah, he thought that he also can escape today. But all those happy and bright smile vanished when suddenly a low tone voice called his name and when he turned, he knew there is no escape for him. No, he has been caught. In a bad way.

“What are you doing with my locker?”

Donghae gulped, tried to hold himself from the urge to trembling. Everyone in his school knows how dangerous the guy in front of him. He has charms and ability to turn the atmosphere. No, Donghae didn’t exaggerating his words. Previously, he never felt this corridor was cold but now… with Lee Hyukjae, just two of them looking at each other, he suddenly wanted to cry and run.

“I-I… I…”

.

.

.

Lee Hyukjae is not someone you can easily to touch or joking with. He is not the person that you can easily asked for hangout together or even sitting beside him. He is not the type of talkative. He just talk with people he likes and Donghae is not one of them.

They are in the same class and Donghae had heard a lot of their teachers praising this guy. Well, Lee Hyukjae is not just handsome for nothing. God blessed him with a great genius brain, handsome face, and well-built body. That’s too good.

“What are you giving to me now?  Another box of ramen?”

“… Huh?”

Hyukjae smirked and step closer towards Donghae, making the shorter back pressed completely to his locker. “You think I don’t know what are you doing, hm? No, Donghae. I know everything. You are the person who keep sending me a lot of stuffs these three weeks, right?”

No!!! This is not what I mean!!!

Dong Hae wanted to scream that out loud but he can’t. This is too far from what he has planned. Oh come on, actually he planned to be mysterious guy who gives things to Hyukjae for two times more and after that he will come and ask Hyukjae to be his tutor. In his opinion, he has to do that because they never talked to each other and he thought this is the way to make Hyukjae wants to teach him.

“What do you want, actually?”

Donghae bite his bottom lip. “I… uh… actually….”

 “Speak properly, Lee Donghae.”

“C-can you… uhm… can I ask you… t-to teach me f-for this upcoming test?”

Their next test will be the last test before their semester exam.

Dong Hae has made sure there is no one inside the change room for their sports now, well luckily it’s really only him and Hyuk Jae, he felt lucky and nervous at the same time. Dong Hae gulped –he didn’t know how many times he does that– when the school’s star looked at him with monoton expression but sigh in relieved when finally he heard, “Okay.”

“Thank you! Y—“

“You have to follow me all day and do what I ordered, if you want.”

Suddenly, Dong Hae felt dizzy. Following Lee Hyukjae all day? Means that…

“So?”

And do everything what Hyukjae asked? How is it gonna be? Weird?

“Hey, Lee Donghae? Are you there?”

Following Lee Hyukjae and do what the guy ordered. Eventhough after that he can asked him to explain the subjects and help him to prepare for his tests. But still... he has no choices. Lee Hyukjae is the best after all and he couldn’t ask for more. Although…

“If you—“

“OKAY! I WILL!”

“It’s a deal, then.”

It’s started from that day. He follows everywhere Hyukjae goes and earning a lot questioning look and whispers. Just in the first day of his ‘errand’, he has got a lot gossips.

.

.

.

 

Dong Hae closed his eyes for a while. Smiling when he felt the warm of the sunshine falling over his body. What a beautiful morning, he thought before he started to walk again. He mumbling a song that lately becomes his favorite while walking slowly to his class. He grins widely when he caught sight of a butterfly near his class window, it looks like the butterfly waiting for him.

So pretty.

But that peace doesn’t last long because in a mere three seconds, he almost jumped and screamed.

“Lee Dong Hae!”

Dong Hae gulped. This cold voice again. The one and only voice that can make him shiver and thumping so hard.

Still morning and I can’t even enjoyed the birds chirping because of this. And oh… that butterfly…

He turned to where the voice come from and forces a smile before quickly approach the guy that standing a few steps away. The guy looked as handsome as the other day –well, everyday he does look handsome– with his uniform, black hair that looks so soft, and his backpack now just hangs on one of his shoulders. Yeah, Lee Hyukjae is that simple but stunning.

A few girls started to admire the guy infront of him, whispering how handsome the guy is –eventhough they have seen it everyday–, and Donghae knows he looked so stupid compare to Lee Hyukjae. There is nothing for him to compare to Hyukjae. Donghae can’t forget how almost everyone –even boys– compare him with dirt.

Yeah, I am that bad.

“A dirt and a gold walking together?”

“Lee Dong Hae is shameless. He doesn’t know he looked even more stupid by sticking with Hyukjae? Oh my God!”

“Lee Hyukjae is such an angel. He let someone like Lee Donghae standing even interacting with him. I can’t imagine how horrible it must be.”

“Good morning, Hyuk Jae-ya!” Donghae tries his best to keep smiling. He keeps sticking with this guy for about a week and thus he always console himself that he is not as bad as others said.

“Take this and this!” Hyukjae gave him the blue paperback which was full with many books and his backpacks which is extremely heavy to Donghae. Hyukjae never seems care to Donghae. Even after a week mostly together, they never talk other than school materials. Donghae take his backpacks and stumbling a few steps.

Hyukjae has turned his back but suddenly he remembers something. “And you have to sit with me. No argue.” He said and casually walking to the toilet.

Sit with Lee Hyukjae. Maybe this is what people called hell is not only in the sky but we have our hell in the world too. Donghae never felt a need to hide somewhere except for today. And he never sweat that much except for that day.

 

.

.

.

 

Ryeo Wook keeps looking at Donghae with his pout. He is not mad at Donghae, of course not. They have been friends since they were at primary one and Donghae is very kind to him. They share everything. Snacks, movies, hangout together as much as they can, chit-chatting by phone when they are at home. Just this one time they can’t sit together but Ryeo Wook can’t blame on Dong Hae at all since he is also not really good to help his best friend.

Ryeowook keeps telling himself that this is for Donghae’s sake, he didn’t want his best friend keep having low marks. Yeah, it’s okay Ryeo Wook.

On the other side, Donghae chew his lower lip nervously. Hyukjae is very serious following the teacher’s explanation. Donghae can feel all their teachers also shocked when they see the school’s star sit with almost the most dumb student in the class.

They will talk about it with other teachers.

Sure, everything involving their school’s star is need to be talked.

Tell me doom day hasn’t come, Donghae sure this is what every teacher said when they saw him and Hyuk Jae together.

“Ask me if you don’t understand.” Hyukjae simply said that at every courses.

Donghae just nodded but he never did. He is too afraid to ask Hyukjae and burdened him more. For Donghae, Hyukjae already too kind to help him outside their school time. Yeah, he can ask Hyukjae later, when the school ended.

When Donghae almost asleep on their Math class, Hyukjae nudges him slightly and looked at Donghae with his blood-red-shot eyes while whispering, “Sleep again, I will send you to hell!”

Donghae is in a verge of tears when Hyukjae said that. Especially Hyukjae’s glare was freak like Annabelle.

The rest of the day makes Donghae wanted to whine because the clock seems ticking too slow than the other days. He can’t paid his attention as serious as Hyukjae so he choose to looking at the guy next to him instead of their teacher. Of course, he did it not in obvious way.

His eyes scanning on Hyukjae. Looking at how pretty the one-lidded eyes are, how perfect his nose, the tempting plump lips, his sharp jawline, and his handsome feature. Donghae keeps looking at Hyukjae and secretly admire him.

He imagined how lucky the girl or guy that will be Hyukjae’s spouse in the future. Having a handsome man with a good brain. Yeah, there is nothing Hyukjae can’t do in Dong Hae’s point of view.

But Donghae never see Hyukjae with girl or boy. Well, Hyukjae has a best friends. At least, they looked close with Hyukjae eventhough Donghae is not really sure they are his best friends because God knows how Hyuk Jae is unpredictable, once again it comes from Donghae’s point of view.

But really, Donghae never see Hyukjae acted close with girl or even boy. Something close like they are having relationship, couple thingy. No, the latter remains mysterious.

Hyukjae is unpredictable, Lee Donghae. Don’t forget it!

Donghae unknowingly nodded at his thought and his action made the table shakes a little. He held his breath when Hyukjae looked at him, ready to receive the swears although Hyukjae never swearing at him. Well, he is preparing his heart to hear Hyukjae’s complain.

“Hey,” Hyukjae frowned when he looked Donghae’s face. That guy looked lethargic. “Are you okay?” He asked while placing one of his hand on Donghae’s forehead.

Donghae gulped due to the action. Hyukjae’s soft yet warm palm in his forehead.

YEAH, IN HIS FOREHEAD!!!

And somehow, Donghae felt Hyukjae’s voice is a little bit softer than usual. He can’t help but his cheeks a beet-red now and it makes Hyuk Jae concerned more.

“If you feel sick, I can accompany you to che—“

“N-no. It’s okay.”

Hyukjae didn’t believe but he doesn’t argue more. He stays silent but stealing a few glances to make sure Donghae is really okay.

 

.

.

.

 

They are now at Donghae’s room with papers on table and one Math book on Hyukjae’s left hand. Donghae held his smile when he remembered he used his ‘sick’ as a reason for them to study at his house. Yes, this is their first time they study at his house because usually both of them use the school’s library or class after making sure it was clean and no one overthere.

“Do you get it?”

Donghae nodded and started doing his work while Hyukjae read his History notebook. They are not really alone at his house. His brother is on the next room and his mother is cooking for their lunch.

Talking about his mother make him re-call the moment just now. His mother looked very excited when she saw Hyuk Jae, she even didn’t hesitate to hug Hyukjae!

Oh my… God damn it!

It’s made him embarassed because his mother grins over-widely and shouting out loud something “Thanks for caring Dong Hae, I hope you guys will mingling well!” Donghae sighed, his mother must be very happy because he has friend other than Ryeowook. But mingling well with Lee Hyukjae?!

And as his mom knew what he is thinking, she shouted from the kitchen, “DONGHAE! BRING HYUKJAE HERE, THE LUNCH IS READY!”

So both of them with Donghwa –Donghae’s brother– walking down slowly. His mom is very happy, there is no doubt on it by seeing how glowing her face is and how many foods she served. There are kimchi, bibimbap, tteobokki, fried chicken, ramyeon, even candles on a top of a cake written ‘Welcome Lee Hyukjae, we are happy having you!’ which is make Donghae realised that his mother is too over.

He is afraid Hyukjae will agitated through this but when he is looking at Hyukjae’s face, the guy seems… happy. That is the first time he saw Hyukjae smile widely until showing his gums and it makes Donghae’s heart thumping. Well, he kinda like it.

Donghwa lightly kicked his feet under their table, made him looked at his brother. Donghwa smiled but Donghae knows what is the meaning of that smile. It was to dangerous and he can’t bear it.

No no no! There is no way I’m in love with Lee Hyuk Jae! No no no!!!

.

Thank you for reading, comments, upvotes, and subscribing this fic ^^ hope you guys will like it! ^^