fin.

Slowdance

Chaewon, at that very moment, was sure she knew exactly what love is. She felt it in her, overwhelming her, as she stared into Hitomi’s sparkling eyes staring back into her own, the lights of the fireflies flying gently around them in the evening sky only adding to the effect. She embraced the warm feeling it gave her as they slowly danced under the shimmering moonlight in Hitomi’s backyard, the warmth of the younger’s body pushed up against hers as they waltzed, the only sound around them coming from crickets, quietly chirping in the bushes. Chaewon was so absolutely positive that the extreme fondness for Hitomi was none other than the cheesy, dare she say, cliché feelings she often saw only in those romances she watched with the latter in their countless sleepovers. And, God, did she love it.

 

Hitomi looked so soft right then, Chaewon noticed, clad in her usual sleepwear consisting of simply an oversized t-shirt and shorts, the latter wearing something similar, as this slow dance was a spur of the moment idea from Chaewon. Yet, despite being in her comfort clothing, not a single sign of makeup on her bare face, the older could only describe her in one word.

 

“Beautiful,” the older accidentally let slip out of . The younger looked at her, a little surprised at the sudden comment, the sight of her reddening cheeks causing Chaewon to let out a small chuckle. She could never get over embarrassing the younger, spoiling her with countless compliments during their times together. And no matter how many times Chaewon did so, Hitomi never got used to it, looking away in an attempt to hide her crimson tinted features. 

 

Chaewon wondered how she got so lucky, finding someone as special as Hitomi. Someone who made her feel at home, always. And she would do whatever it takes to make the other feel the same way, as adored and loved as she made Chaewon feel.  

 

Chaewon gazed at Hitomi’s soft features, overwhelmed by how incredibly whipped she was for the Japanese.

 

“God,” she sighs out dazedly, “Have I already told you that you look beautiful tonight?”

 

Hitomi chuckles, "Wow. You are so incredibly cheesy."

 

Chaewon grins, staring lovingly and full of adoration at the other, "I know. And you love it and I love you."

 

The younger's eyes glint at that, becoming even sparklier with the amount of infatuation towards the older until she can't wait any longer and slowly melts their lips together in an oh-so-tender kiss, running her fingers in Chaewon's silky hair. 

 

Yeah. Chaewon was sure that the meaning of the ever so complicated four-letter word could not be any clearer right then and there.