No Contest to You

You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Donghae didn't know when it started, but he and Hyukjae became inseperable. Not just in school but at home and everywhere else. It was almost as if every second of his life started to revolve around Hyukjae. He didn't know when it started but when he would wake up, Hyukjae would be the first person he texts good morning, before he went to school, he had to stop by Hyukjae's home so that they can walk together, have the same class together, go home together, go to sleep together, and even in his dreams, he and Hyukjae were usually going on some adventure together. 

Their friends and classmates started teasing them that they should just date each other since they were always together and had the same classes together. 

"That has to be fate for you guys to be stuck together all the time," Sungmin teased. He completely missed the bashful look Donghae had as he hid himself behind Hyukjae who had distracted the rest of them by making a funny face. He would never admit to them that he took that student assistant gig for reasons other than extra credit. 

"Never mind me and Donghae becoming an item, have you guys seen the girls going after Siwon this year? It's like boom! Just like that puberty hit him hard and he's all of a sudden a god to all of them."

"Aww, is Hyukkie a little jelly with Siwon getting all the attention?" Junsu nagged and waved a fry in front of his friend. Hyukjae tried to grab it away from him but Junsu was faster and shoved it inside his mouth before laughing out loud creating a sound very similar to a dolphin. 

"Stupid, Junsu," Hyukjae muttered. "I don't care about Siwon. I have Donghae," he then wrapped his arms around his neck and hugged him close to him, "He's been handsome since day one and no girl can take his attention away from me!"

Junsu and Sungmin just rolled their eyes at him while Donghae laughed along with Hyukjae. Neither boys fully comprehended the words that just came out of Hyukjae's mouth other than the fact that it was true. 

"Yah, just date him then already if you're so sure about it," Sungmin said with slight annoyance. Hyukjae just stuck his tongue out at him as he let Donghae go. 

Before Hyukjae can say a comeback to Sungmin, the bell rang and both Junsu and Sungmin hit his shoulders before running off to class. Hyukjae screamed after them but didn't bother to chase them. He cursed under his breath and just rubbed the part they had hit in order to ease the pain away. Donghae didn't bother to say anything and just grabbed Eunhyuk's bag and made sure that his friend was okay. 

"Hyuk-ah, let's go," Donghae ushered as he headed out of the cafeteria himself. "I don't want to be late."

Hyukjae scoffed and shook his head at him. "Yah! You're one to talk. If you got up on time like you said you would we wouldn't have been tardy."

"Well, you didn't wake me up on time," Donghae argued.

"What?! Yah! What am I? Your alarm clock?"

Hyukjae and Donghae continued to argue all the way to their classroom and into their seat. Their bickering was only put on hold once the teacher had entered the classroom and silenced them with an interesting announcement.

"Okay everyone, I have a big announcement to make. Our annual school spirit competition has been discussed and this year's prize is a trip to Kyoto Japan!" 

Upon hearing the prize everyone in the classroom started murmuring in excitement and anticipation. The teacher herself seemed excited at the idea  and quickly silenced them by clapping her hands to get their attention.

"Well, as you can already tell, it's not gonna be an easy one, especially since we will be competing with 6D."

"Huh?" A student raised her hand as he asked the question, "Why would we need to worry about 6D?"

"Because, according to faculty members, Choi Siwon is a shoo in to win it for their class."

Upon hearing the name, Hyukjae burst out laughing which caught everyone's attention. He stood up and addressed everyone as he boasted out the words, "Choi Siwon has nothing against his best friend, Lee Hyukjae!"

Everyone cheered out loud as they further encouraged Hyukjae's narcissism. Donghae himself chuckled and clapped his hands for him as he swallowed that pang of discomfort within him upon hearing Hyukjae refer to another person as his bestfriend. 

"Well, I'm glad to hear you say that, Hyukjae-ssi, because that's exactly what I told my colleagues." Hyukjae was about to make a motion for everyone to cheer for him when the teacher continued and cut him off by saying, "Lee Donghae is in our team and can surely rival against him."

Everyone froze and processed the words that she just said. Lee Donghae? The quiet newbie who was attached to the hip with Lee Hyukjae and can't even speak simple korean in class Lee Donghae? Everyone shifted their gaze to Donghae who was surprised and speechless as everyone else. He blinked once then twice, before staring at Hyukjae, silently asking him for help. The latter just shrugged his shoulders in response as he was just as clueless as everyone else.

"Seonsaengnim," Donghae carefully called out, "I think maybe I may have misunderstood something, I have never participated in a contest before."

"Well, as I always tell all of you, push yourself out of your boundaries in order to develop yourselves."

"But Seonsaengnim, I won't be goodat it." Donghae tried to argue but their teacher was not having it.

"You'll be a shoo in for sure, if school gossip was ever good for anything," the teacher hinted which only further confused Donghae. The teacher turned around and posted the rolled up poster she had brought in the classroom with her and as soon as she unfolded it the entire class,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter