Night and Day

Universal Euphoria

Blue texts are Seungwan's text.

Purple is for her special person. :)

notice the different colors in the texts.

 

 

 

If going to a supermarket wearing your pajama at 2 am in the morning, probably you'd be embarrassed to even show your face as you walk around the building.

Seungwan wanted to avoid this event, but its inevitable since her good and fluffy bear friend told her to buy her sanitary napkins in the middle of her sleep, she got no choice but to get those sanitary napkins for her best friend. Upon trying to walk into the napkin section, she spotted a familiar figure who’s also buying something that she can’t see because its on her basket.

 

Maybe it’s also napkins.

 

As seungwan grabs the kotex napkin that seems to be a tampon and not a napkin, another hand landed just on top of her hand getting the same variation. Breathe. Seungwan, don’t panic. Don’t say the word.

 

“Im Sorry! Here’s the kotex, I don’t need it anymore. Bye!”

 

Without uttering any words, seungwan left the supermarket, embarrassed and panicked because she met the Great Joohyun with hands that are delicate and cutely small, just the right fit for her hands. Stupid seungwan, for not getting the napkin for her best friend – and stupid seungwan for blushing furiously in front of bae joohyun.

 

 

**

 

 

Well, having your best friend for almost a decade makes you think that you’re lucky to have them in your life. you can bond with them, share stories together – maybe spilling some good tea, but other than that, you can count on them whenever problems are being harsh to yo-  

 

“WHERE’S MY NAPKIN WENDY?!?!?!?!” Angry Seulgi is one of seungwan’s weakness. But calling her with the name she doesn’t want to hear anymore will anger the quiet seungwan any minute from now. Yes, she knew that seulgi just called her with ‘that’ name when she got almost scolded by the ever Dearing Lee sunkyu in her philosophy class. She even remembered that she compared the anger of her to their Principal. But she never missed the low voice of her best friend calling her with the name ‘wendy’.

 

With a light sigh, seungwan answered her best friend. Not wanting to make the situation longer as she wanted to go inside her room, instead she gave her the napkin she bought from the nearest seven eleven in their place.

 

“Here, I wasn’t able to buy the kotex napkin as they were out of stock when I got to the supermarket. Goodnight Seul, I have to go somewhere tomorrow, and please don’t be loud when you sleep.”

 

But before she walked inside the room, seulgi pulled her into a bear hug that she doesn’t know if she can even resist when she’s mad at her.

 

“Wan, I’m sorry if I called you with that name, I.. I just missed my best friend you know? You’re not the-“

 

“Seulgi.”

 

Seulgi looked into the deep brown orbs that used to be light and had more hazel hue before it turned into a dark one.

 

“I still feel the regret for making you a person like this seungwan-ah, I don’t know what I’ve been doing but trust me I did not t-“

 

“Please. I just want to sleep seulgi, Goodnight.”

 

 

***

 

3:42 AM

 

“How are you doing?”

                                                                                                “Just fine, it’s already late.”

“yeah.. aren’t you going to sleep now?”

                                                                                                “Nope, got more paper works to do.”

“Okay. :) take care. Goodnight.”

                                                                                                “yea. Goodnight too.”

 

Sighing as she looked at the message year ago, seungwan went to her previous journal which she visited also a year ago.

 

 

101514

 

I can’t believe the word of my person

Can make me a better person

Words that changed my perception

Heart that stayed inside my protection

 

101614

The light inside of a room

Where heart and minds will roam

Feelings that were unsure

But hearts will always be true

 

With an empty feel within her, seungwan started writing her new journal entry while looking at the picture of a hand holding a dandelion in the middle of the ocean.

 

101616

Fear.

When at night you're telling me

Your greatest fear is me

But it’s not me

Your greatest fear is leaving me

 

My greatest fear is falling for you

But my greatest fear is knowing the real you

How can I get through?

If the obstacles to you are rough like you?

 

 

Without closing the window tab, seungwan looked outside the window, admiring the moon as it complimented together with the millions of stars shining together. And she remembered that person while looking at the night sky, millions of questions were built inside, but just like how each of these stars shining in her eyes, the question are starting to get lost.

 

But the longing will remain.

 

 

 

****

 

Seungwan woke up with the continuous sound of kitchen materials being used and a unfamiliar image cooking in their kitchen, trying to rub her eyes just to see who’s the lady in front doing all of the work that supposed to be her deed.

 

“Kang Seulgi I swear to god if you burn the dishes again whether you said that it’s just a pancake I’ll just order to pancake hou- Joohyu..n?” Seungwan just realized her morning state while staring at the person who already finished setting up their breakfast, seungwan went inside her room again quickly to wash her face, and to brush her teeth.

 

But when she returned to the kitchen, she saw Joohyun and Seulgi having fun together while eating the breakfast that joohyun made. Seungwan wrapped herself with her favorite blue scarf and went outside without the consent of the two person who’s probably having their date in the house while seungwan is having her date with her favorite character in her favorite game while munching to her favorite Starbucks coffee, Unsweetened Ice Americano- no fat and a blueberry cheesecake that she despise the most. She can’t help it, it’s sweeter but she likes things that are not balanced.

 

1 message received.

 

“Can I hang out with you?”

                                                                                                “Sure. Why not? Haha.”

“Where you at?”

                                                                                “Starbucks, seating at the right corner, white pjs, blue sweater.”

“Okay. I’ll be at 5.”

 

 

Seungwan smiled at the last message sent. At least there’s someone who can lit her mood up, even if its just a little. She can’t wait to meet her newfound favorite person.

 

//If you're reading this at your phones, there are some errors such as the text colors and the spacing the conversations. :) I'll try to fix it by tomorrow after i update another chapter. Thank you!