Sun and bond

Embracing dusk

We ambled to the park until I asked if we could go eat somewhere. Another breakfast date with this weird unnie, if we part our ways later I will surely call her. She sat beside me again just like the first time but this time I learned that it is because she gets uncomfortable having someone looking at her while eating I didn't understand why but I nodded. She seems to have a fun personality I wonder how she always have a spare time for her extra activities she barely talks about work which make our conversation more entertaining, not that people who talks about work are boring it's just the way she blabber about things that she likes to do and that she does. She's staying for another two days which is very inviting from how she said it.

"I'm not leaving for another two days, maybe you could get in trouble by then?" it's comical the way she introduced the idea of meeting again sometime or maybe tomorrow, I laughed a little at her boldness so I made a mental note to call her when I get home. She asked if I could bring her to Manhwa Museum here at Bucheon, I still think about why she always visit this place, I happily accepted her favor, I grew fonder being around her plus I haven't been at any museum lately, the museum wall on my photography room is lacking. She likes trying new things and she's living alone in Seoul considering her parents living just around the area, free-spirited that she is. Yongsun tends to be inquisitive she talks a lot and asks a lot, I try my best not exposed every details about me, just being cautious. 

I decided to take her somewhere else aside from One million rose garden, I brought her to another park riding my bike and parked it, said I wanted to take a walk, ironic because there is a reason why I brought my bike with me. We were walking side by side as she talks about her sister Yonghee that is now in Canada with her fiancé, I wonder if her sister is as much as fun as Yongsun, she tends to fool around a lot where she does this dumb things that makes me question her credibility as a paralegal, as I asked her about it she was so into it, I regretted asking her because she is a brain box, she talks about something about drafting documents, investigating, attending trials she made the topic interesting and it didn't help that she's appealing to look at, her hair is exceptionally smooth today not that it was dry the last time. I checked my messages from my mom and as I looked up to her she has her hand by the flowers her fingers slightly tapping them, and a glimpse of this scene flashed to my head, it seems like it is from my dream or a deja vu, she is really surreal. We have been together for a while but only now I notice that she is wearing something see-through, it is stripes so it was not noticeable at first not that im paying too much attention on what she is wearing just bothering since it is clear as day. She dresses simply but still managed to look stunning and how her hair falls freely from her shoulders is just a beautiful sight to see or when the wind blows and it covers her face and the way she push it aside she makes it look like she is in a shampoo commercial film.

"Do you like watching movies?" I asked her, she shrugged her shoulders a little and answered me with a 'maybe', but when I told her that we should see a movie together sometime at Seoul she seem to have an addiction to movies? Im confused, I joked how she wants to be around me all the time and  she gave this gross looking face to me and told me how preposterous it was, I kept teasing her and she kept on slapping my arm playfully I assume it is a habit of her that whenever someone tease or make her laugh she automatically punch them or something. Then she gave the idea of why don't we just watch a movie here at Bucheon. 

"What difference would it make" She stated like its the most obvious thing to come up now it is my time to shrug my shoulders as a sign of 'whatever, let's go'

We agreed to just meet at the theater, and I know my eyes were not deceiving me as I see the smile on her face when our eyes met, by now I am convinced that she just genuinely wants to be friends. I smiled and she waved at me, the moment my brain registered what she's wearing I feel like im underdress, she's dressed like she is about to attend some important meeting and do her paralegal thing. Yongsun has her buttoned down polo tucked in to a black mid-waist wide leg pants, at least I also had my shirt tucked in. I received a handful of slaps and punches when I for being overdressed for someone who will just be seeing a movie.

"Are you sure you're not my stalker?" I asked her playfully as we wait for the film to start.

"Shut up, do I look like a stalker to you?" She hissed feigning annoyance, "And besides there is nothing interesting about you to stalk you"

I didn't bother to take a glance but when I sarcastically mumbled 'bite me', unnie literally bit me, I made a noise at the contact of her teeth to my skin, then she asked me to stay quiet because the movie is about to start. I can't believe what she just did but the bite caused an aftershock or something, as I rub it carefully I felt her hand rubbing it instead and she whispered that she's sorry, I just looked at her and smiled. I think half through the movie my mind was not able to erase the vision of Yongsun's smile in the dark that even her eyes glistens, because the other half consists of me trying to keep her voice low, she hides her face behind my back everytime the tension rises and when a scene suprises her she would scream and cling to my arm, to which I wouldn't have minded if only her high pitched screams is nowhere near at my ears but no, it felt like her voicebox is literally placed in my eardrum.

"Please tone it down Yongsun unnie, it hurts my ears, and some people are complaining" I whispered, instead of listening to me she just blamed me because I suggested that we watch a horror film. She is really unbelievable. Some people are glaring at us once we were out of the theater, I just went away for a while to throw our trash when I heard her.

"Yah! What are you looking at?" She uttered in a challenging manner, I had to put my arms to her waist to restrain her from coming to the that man. For someone who is highly educated I didn't expect this from her, she was scared and annoyed and starving she explained, I laughed to the ground and told her that we can just eat instead of her yelling out of the blue. I walked past her, told her it was really embarrassing what she just displayed.

We had our early dinner before we part ways, I had to walk so I could digest the food I ate easily, then I will be able to eat what my mother cooked. A block away from home I decided to give unnie a call.

"Are you in trouble now?" The woman from the other line asked, I was flabbergasted that she immediately realized that it was me who is calling, I smiled at her question. We had a small talk since I only called to ask if she already reach her hotel room. As I entered my room, Seulgi followed me and accused me that I went on a date.

"It's so obvious unnie, you can't even hide it, it's painted all over your face" She made a gesture to her face then mine to imply that something is too palpable. 

"You went on a date, who is it? You look like a dumb kid by the smile you have on your face, can you bring her here? Oohh I've been wanting to meet a girlfriend of yours" She continued, so I kicked her out of my room, so I went to a date. Only if I could make Seulgi understand that Yongsun and I are not that kind of thing, I adore her that's all. I hope my sister would just shut up about it so she won't give false hope to our parents. 

The next day, unnie is the first one to arrive again. I made sure she wouldn't see me and before she finally notice me, I had the time to take in her bright aura with the white dress she's wearing. She may or may not  have took in the energy and beauty of my beloved sun.She's sitting leisurely by the bench staring to I don't know what and I didn't even look at it, I swiftly grabbed my camera and captured the moment. It's 8 AM so I assume the sunlight hitting her face does not irritate her, her hair moves with the wind smoothly and what makes the scene more dazzling is she let it and she took her gaze off of the sky and bat an eye to the shoes she is wearing, as she tucked her hair behind her ear she turned her head to me, her eyes lit up and she waved at me. I turned around to make sure no one is around me because the woman is to good to be true. Now that I think about it, I don't want to meet Wheein and Hyejin because I bet they're just as stunning. as she is.

As we stroll around the Manhwa museum I couldn't stop taking pictures especially when Yongsun unnie is in there however I make sure she would not notice. Never once she ask me to take a picture of her, she just meander and she really appreciate the beauty of this place just as how I appreciate photography and the sun. We don't walk together but still we make sure that we are still in each other's presence. Im busy taking a picture and she's too engrossed to every art she passed by. I came up to her and asked.

"You paint?" She shrugged her shoulders and I heard she uttered a muffled 'sometimes', I stopped on my tracks and she left me dumbfounded. She's beautiful, gorgeous, smart and she paint While there's me who only loves photography, I consoled myself that it is better than nothing, but as always, it is nothing, i am nothing, and meeting Yongsun solidified my irrelevance.

"Slugger!" She whisper-shouted, I think she realized that im no longer anywhere near her. She extended her hand and I locked my fingers with hers without a second thought. Since then I stopped taking photos, instead I listened to her as she explained to me the medium used on some painting and other form of arts in there. I spotted a painting that has a sun in it. It took me ten minutes to convince Yongsun unnie to allow me to take a picture of her with the painting, but it was worth it. Then it finally dawned on me after I took one shot, I finally realized why the scene from yesterday of her with her fingers to the flowers was so familiar. It was her, my dawn at the dusk, the woman at my perfect unexpected candid shot. She snapped me out of my thoughts and we just proceed to walking inside the hall of this museum. At least now I have expected candid shots of her.

"Hey, my father is celebrating his birthday tomorrow, would you like to come?" I asked her randomly, and im not sure what im doing but I just went through with it.

"Im going to meet your family, omo! This is nice" By now it doesn't surprise me how bold she can be and I think she is like this because back in her school days she didn't have a lot of friends. And I take her answer as a yes. Before we went to seperate ways I told her that I will just come pick her up tomorrow at One million rose garden.

My parents, well my family were ecstatic as I delivered the news, Seulgi could not stop bringing up the word 'girlfriend', I had to chastise her to make my point that it would be disrespectful to Yongsun if she bring the topic up tomorrow. I made it clear to my parents that she's just a friend and I just want her to feel welcome here in our hometown. But then my father went like 'This is the best gift I will receive from you'

"Not even that figurine from Busan that you really like which I bought for you?" I questioned judgingly. He smiled and cleared that it could be the best gift I could give for this birthday. As for my mother she was more than excited to meet Yongsun unnie, she said a lot of things about me being elated these past few days, it has only been for two days I pointed out. The next thing I know both of them are smiling foolishly at me. She even asked what Yongsun would like, it is my father's birthday why would she ask what the stranger would want.

Before I left the house to collect Yongsun unnie, I made Seulgi promise not to tease me to her, we agreed on some grounds. I brought my bike this time, again because im not in the mood to walk. And then I saw her there sitting, encapsulating the  beauty of the sun one more time. I slapped myself internally for not bringing my camera but I still took a photo of her using my mobile phone. That's when I shouted her name, if it's possible she glow even more when our eyes met, she waved at me and I gestured for her to come here, she gracefully did and as soon as she's near my area I could hear her singing a song, not really as song more of like a chant and I was moved to what she is chanting, she's like a happy kid humming and chanting, the words were "im coming to Byul~yi's house, for her father's birthday", it sounded really boring when I said it in my head. I laughed at her silliness, then we drove off to my house.

As we arrived home my family warmly welcomed her, my father got even happier once unnie handed her gift for him. I didn't expect that, and it was so genuine of her. It was just a lunch, a big lunch where my family gathered and my mother prepared father's favorite dishes. Surprisingly Yongsun unnie was so comfortable with my family, and my siblingg are inlove with her. She is a ray of sunshine. Although we had a little amount of time to bond because my family snatched her completely I had a good time and I know that she enjoyed herself. My mother asked her to stay for dinner but she refused, said that she has to wake up early tomorrow because she needs to be back at Seoul early in the morning. I offered to accompany her on her way back to her hotel, she gladly took my offer, I wanted to bring my bike but she proposed for us to walk.

I insinuated that she can come back here anytime, her eyes gleamed the moment I let those words out and hugged me tight. And she murmured a 'thank you' to my ears. I feigned jolted that she could speak quietly, she scrunched her face and slap my arm. Before I knew it we were standing across the hotel she's staying. As we bid our goodbyes she gave me this last genuine smile. And when she finally crosses the street I called her, she gazed at me before answering the call.

"Are you in trouble?" She asked.

"I will be, when I come back to Seoul"