New Period

The Station

   

It was late that night when she arrived at the station by the taxi. Briskly walking to the counter, she hastily asked over a ticket that will immediately depart. Despite the tears that were running down her cheeks, she tried to be discreet about her appearance and begged for the girl behind the counter to shut up and stay silent. She didn’t want anyone to come for her, particularly that one person whom soon will come and chase for her.

Done with the purchase, she went straight to the restroom to freshen up a bit. Taking out her iPhone from the pocket of her jeans, she saw there were a lot of missed calls and unread messages that clearly would be ignored next. Sliding down the screen for the notifications, she briefly read over everything but her heart was broken, thus all the apology and sweet words had to wait till she had calmed down to think with clarity.

Checking for the few of cashes that she had, she let out a sigh desperately. There wasn’t a lot of money but maybe once she was there at Haenam, she could find a place to sleep and rest until she was ready, and maybe she could use her position as a woman to put off in repaying the kindness until she had a hang of her card or much cashes again. After splashing her face with water, she tried to put on smile before walking out from the room.

Swiftly walking forward to the platform to board the train that was already waiting, she hadn’t turned back to watch for any sign of anyone chasing over her. It had been hours since she had walked out of the house after witnessing her man lip-locking with another that wasn’t her, and the taxi man had took pitied on her that he didn’t take any of her money to pay him just now after driving her around before stopping in front of the entrance.

Entering her coach, she trotted for her seat beside the mirror and quickly sitting down once she found it. She leaned her head towards the cold mirror and she cried. She thought that she had no tears left to cry on, but she was wrong. Easily like a cracked dam, her tears went straight across her cheeks yet she made no effort in wiping it away. “Are you okay?” a voice whispered beside her accompanied with a piece of a grey-striped handkerchief. 

 

# feeling rustic