1 | Unknown Number

Friends

FIRST

_____________

 

"Oh, you're pretty cute up close."

 

I don't know why, but that sentence has been haunting me ever since our last encounter. It rang in  my  head, like a school's bell. Clouding up my mind in every 50 minutes.

 

Worst, my voice was not narrating the sentence. It was his voice. The voice that full of snicker and playfulness. It was rough, yet has a hint of gentleness that was yet to be revealed.

 

His voice, was the voice that I do not wish to hear anytime sooner.

 

Ding.

 

A message notification came from my smartphone. I turned my head to the left, feeling my soft mattress slowly sank as I moved, and saw phone's screen lighted up. Before it dims, I moved my hand to the side to pick it up and check the message.

 

I automatically frowned when seeing an unknown number was the sender of the message. I decided to ask for identification after reading the message.

 

One seconds.. Two seconds.. Three seconds.. Four seconds.. Five-

 

My phone slipped down from my hand after reading the message displayed on my lockscreen.  It would have dropped on my face and hurt me, or worst broke my nose, if I hadn't quickly catch it back.

 

I  swiftly roll over to lay on my stomach then unlocked my phone to carefully read the message again. Had I read it correctly?

 

I thought you would want to get it back.
-Jimin.

 

I reread again and again, thinking my eyes played joke on me but it didn't. I wished I had seen a different name yet it wasn't changing to other people's name.

 

Jimin?

 

Jimin??

 

That Jimin?!

 

I was ready to type and bombarded him with questions such as asking what he meant by sending that questionable yet  confusing message and how the hell did he get my number?!

 

I was ready, but he was faster.

 

Another message arrived as if it could sense I have seen his message. This time, it was a multimedia message: a picture of my student activities card.

 

In there, I wrote down any event activities I did and participated under my club, any competitions I joined and awards received.

 

It was an important card for me. A card that held my good merits to support my student report card as well as  getting  recommendation letter from my current school to promote me for a good future in scholarship, universities and employers.

 

I must have dropped it while trying to run away from him that day. I lost it on the day my card got approved by school. And now, it was in the hand of most dangerous man I ever met.

 

One thing I am scared of: I afraid if he will use it against me to order me around or to annoy me more than he had done. He will, if by judging from the side he has been showing to me for the past six months: rude, arrogant and ruthless.

 

If you want it, come see me at the KyoChon's. Tomorrow, after school ends.

 

I read the latest message and sighed. I may be scared of his future threats, but I will never be scared to get back what's mine.

 

Btw, this is my number. I'll be contacting you through this number whether to tell any changes to our meeting or to play with you, Lee Danbi.

 

I don't know why, but in this message, I read it in his voice. It was terrifying because I can hear his menacing voice in every words and there was no doubt, that another set of sentence will haunt me for as long as it can be.

 

 

- to be continued

 

_____________

 

A/N:

Enjoy the first chapter!