Winter Solstice (part 2)

Deja Vu

"Unnie, you seem...distracted?" commented Gahyeon. 

The young head maid was currently assisting the princess put on a red dress, with a patches that had sunflowers in front. Dresses were not usually Yoohyeon's thing, hence the help from Gahyeon. 

"Ah sorry Gahyeonie..." Yoohyeon replied quietly.

Yoohyeon was indeed distracted, and lost within her own thoughts. She was never one to be superstitious during these types of events, but the "person" or thing that she saw yesterday in the mirror, just thinking about it made her uncomfortable. 

"It's okay unnie, I know today is a big day for you." teased Gahyeon, with a small giggle. Yoohyeon raised an eyebrow, amused by Gahyeon's antics. 

"I guess so?" shrugged Yoohyeon, which earned her a pinch from Gahyeon, "Ow! What was that for?"

Gahyeon let out a little puff, "Don't shrug me off!"

"Sorry sorry," laughed Yoohyeon,"I know it's a big day, I get to see Minji again." Saying the name, instantly made Yoohyeon smile.

The teasing continued from the young maid until she was finished getting Yoohyeon ready. Yoohyeon gave her thanks and both women made their way towards the dinning hall. As they entered, Yoohyeon's eyes widen with awe, leaving slightly agape. 

"Nice huh? Pretty grand if I do say so myself." commented Gahyeon, giving a face filled with pride. 

"How'd-..I mean like..." Yoohyeon stuttered, still amazed at sheer work that was put into the event.

The hall was brightly lit and you could see every guest's facial expression, as majority of them were having a good time. In the middle were guest dancing away to bright music that was playing by the famed royal musicians. Then surrounding the middle were long tables that sat eat guest, and on each table was a variety of food and drink that the guests could enjoy. Yoohyeon saw her father, and the more "important" guests seated around him. The king noticed his daughter staring and waved to her. 

"You did an amazing job, Gahyeonie....actually more than amazing." 

"Well I can't take all the credit, the other staff helped also." Gahyeon acknowledged, "Oh here comes Sua unnie and Siyeon unnie!" 

"Princess." greeted Siyeon, as she and Sua gave a small bow. 

"Your lady awaits you, princess." added Sua, along with a small smirk. Yoohyeon could feel her face warm up.

Yoohyeon cleared , "Ah yes...uhm Gahyeon you and the rest of the staff are relieved from your duties for the rest of the night, please enjoy the festivities." Gahyeon squealed with glee and gave Yoohyeon a quick, tight hug before saying her goodbyes to tell her fellow staff members.

"So Yoo, you ready to see your girl?" asked Siyeon, nudging Yoohyeon forward so that she can start walking. 

"Uhm...uh...yes of course." stuttered Yoohyeon, mentally smacking herself to calm down. 

"Oh? What's this?" Sua threaded her arm with Yoohyeon's, "Is the puppy nervous?" teased Sua, swiping Yoohyeon's nose. 

"Pup-....puppy!? How dare you call me such a-" 

"Now now Yoo no need to get all worked up." chimed in Siyeon. She was obviously entertained with Sua's antics. 

The couple continued teasing the princess till they finally arrived to the entrance leading the garden, which on one side of the dinning hall. Yoohyeon could feel her heart racing faster and faster as the approached a woman dressed in a white gown. The woman was entranced with the view of the sky that she did not even the notice the trio come into her presence. 

"Minji-ssi, your princess has arrived." announce Sua, as Siyeon gave Yoohyeon a small push toward Minji. 

Minji turns around, and Yoohyeon's heart instantly melts at the sight of Minji's smile. Yoohyeon quickly closes the gap between them and embraces Minji. Minji instantly felt Yoohyeon's warmth enveloped her, and wrapped her arms around the taller's waist. 

"I've missed you." said Yoohyeon. 

"I've missed you also." added Minji, separating herself slightly from Yoohyeon's embrace to cup her face within her hands. 

"Oh god don't start making out in front of us." interjected Sua. 

Both Minji and Yoohyeon looked toward the other two that were still there and cursed themselves mentally.

"What are you two still doing her?" questioned Minji. Yoohyeon could feel the hint of annoyance which sent a small chill down her spine. 

"Well...we stuck around to remind you two that there is still a party per say going on inside which needs your attendance." Siyeon stated having the full knowledge that if she and Sua did not stick around then that would of been the last time they would that couple for the rest of the night. 

Yoohyeon laid a heavy sigh, "Siyeon is right, and plus father might be looking for us." Minji nodded in agreement, with a small pout. Yoohyeon smiled at Minji's child-like nature a times, and gave Minji a small peck on the cheek, "We'll talk more later, okay?" 

"Oh god, let's go love birds before I puke." joked Sua, with Siyeon following and laughing beside her. 

"She'll get it tomorrow, mark my words." mumbled Minji. 

"Minji, it's okay...uh just relax." coaxed Yoohyeon, taking Minji's hand into hers as they both walked back to the dinning hall. 

~

Yoohyeon was seated next to her father with Minji by her side as the festivities continued. The guests were all merry and somewhat drunk as the music filled the hall. Yoohyeon spotted both Yubin and Handong together at one end of the table, with Yubin slightly more intoxicated than the other, but Handong did not seem to mind the slightly more clingy. Then at the other side of the hall was Gahyeon and beside here was Siyeon, who was witnessing Sua participating in drinking contest with another guest. Yoohyeon couldn't tell from Siyeon's expression whether or not she was impressed and shocked by Sua. Yoohyeon turns to face Minji on her right side, who was marveled at the sight of the festivities. 

"You know I will never get tired of viewing this." commented Minji. 

"What? All the drunks and loud music?" questioned Yoohyeon, not fully understanding Minji's comment. 

"Yes," began Minji, "but also the decorations, the smiles, and the laughs happening all around...It's all just wonderful." 

Yoohyeon looks towards everyone once more and could see what Minji was seeing. Everyone was together and happy. 

"But why do I feel so uneasy?" Yoohyeon asked herself, she felt her stomach turning, but she could not tell whether or not it was from happiness or nervousness. 

Suddenly the king rose from his seat, cueing the musicians and everyone to quiet down and listen. 

"My good people and honored guests. I thank you for attending this year's winter solstice festivities. I am truly honored by your presence. As we soon come to an end, please enjoy the view of this wonderful firework display I had recently acquired." announced the King.

An applause began as the king seated himself once more. Then as signaled, a grand firework display commenced outside gaining everyone's attention. Everyone looked outside the large glass windows in awe. 

"Father this is amazing." gasped Yoohyeon, she faced her father, but saw a sad expression on his face,"What's wrong, father?" 

"This display is dedicated to your mother." answered the King, as a small tear escaped. 

"She would of loved it." assured Yoohyeon, giving her father a hug. Minji smiled at the display of love. 

Breaking the hug, the king stayed his hands on Yoohyeon's shoulders, "Yoohyeon, my princess, I must confess something to you." 

Suddenly nervousness filled Yoohyeon, "Father?" 

"There is something that you need to know, and it may be too late to tell you now, but that is my mistake because I was so fearful before but you have the right to know." confessed the king. He looks behind Yoohyeon and notices that the firework display was coming to an end soon. His time is almost out. 

"Father, what are you talking about?" questioned Yoohyeon with urgency. 

"Yoohyeon, know that I love you and everything that I had done for you was for your protection," the king began, he then reaches into his shirt and pulls out a key on a necklace and places it into Yoohyeon's hand ,"You must go to my study and find your mother's journal. There everything will be revealed."

Yoohyeon felt more confused than ever, "Father what is all this? What do you mean by "everything"?" 

The king gives a small smile and embraces Yoohyeon once more, "I believe in you Yoohyeon, and I love you always." 

Suddenly a loud bang was heard at the entrance of the hall. Yoohyeon quickly turns and sees several men dressed in all black entering the hall. She looks toward Siyeon , who was yelling commands at the guards that were in the room. 

"PROTECT THE KING AND PRINCESS AT ONCE!" Siyeon yelled, and unsheathing her sword. Yubin does the same (with Handong's healing capabilities, she sobered up quick). 

Handong and Sua make their way toward Minji.

"We gotta go!" exclaimed Handong. Minji nods and grabs Yoohyeon's hand. Yoohyeon's trance of the hall ends, and she looks at Minji's, which were telling her to move it. 

"Go Yoohyeon, I'll be fine!" yelled the king as he leaves with his own handful of guards. 

"Oh but my king where are you going?" said an ominous voice that filled the hall. A black fog fills the hall, forcing all in the room to become as still as a stone. 

", I can't move." said Siyeon, trying her best to break from the hold.

"This is dark magic..." whispered Handong, who was also struggling from the hold. 

"Yes my dear this is dark magic," the ominous began again, "Very dark magic"

A cloud of dark smoke gathers in the middle of the hall, and with a loud sound of thunder, a mysterious woman suddenly appears. 

"My my, I guess I have ruined you fun here, haven't I." provoked the mysterious woman, who was slowly making her way towards Yoohyeon, "Mmm so this is her? Ugh we could of done so much better" the mysterious woman takes Yoohyeon's face into her hands and shakes it side to side, "Couldn't we..."

"UNHAND HER WITCH!" yelled the king. The mysterious woman's face changed, from an evil glee to annoyance.

"Well aren't you a rude one, come here." with a flick a finger, the king is pulled towards the middle, then once near the woman closes her fist, causing the king to struggle mid-air.

"STOP! YOU'RE HURTING HIM!" cried Yoohyeon, she tries to move her body with no avail. The mysterious gives out an evil laugh that fills the room and Minji gives Yoohyeon a worried look. 

"My magic isn't working..." she thought. Minji looks at Sua and Handong for a solution but neither could. 

"You're spunky aren't you." the woman says, she pulls out a dagger and approaches Yoohyeon, to which the king begins to plead to the woman to stop.

The woman places the edge of the dagger onto Yoohyeon's cheek putting the a bit pressure onto the blade, cause a trickle of blood to flow. Yoohyeon feels even more frozen with fear as the woman caresses the back of Yoohyeon's neck to bring her closer. 

"Now awaken princess, and wreak havoc..." whispered the woman wickedly. Yoohyeon's eyebrows scrunched together, then she cries a painful cry. 

Yoohyeon final realized the dagger was no longer in the woman's hand as she stepped away from Yoohyeon. Then Yoohyeon's eyes widen, as she saw the same dagger  pierced into her father's chest. Yoohyeon wanted to scream, but she could not. Rage fills Siyeon as she tries to move her body and sword toward the mysterious woman. 

Now standing in front of the wounded king, the mysterious moves her hand in one swift downward motion, causing a large gash to appear onto the king's body. The king then falls face forward onto the ground, leaving a loud thud resonating in the hall. The whole hall was frozen in shock and fear. Minji looks at Yoohyeon and she is even more frighten at the sight. Black mist slowly comes forms around Yoohyeon, with Yoohyeon's eyes also filling with black. Minji could see her lover shake, not in but in rage. 

"Yoo..." she quietly said, with worry all over her face. 

"I'LL KILL YOU!" swore Yoohyeon, as she began to jerk her body around to break free.

The woman remained standing where was with a smirk on her face, "Cute...hmm okay let's see what you got." And with a flick of her finger, Yoohyeon was free. 

Yoohyeon, still slightly shaking from her anger. She shakes her head, trying to get her vision to focus. Looking up a woman's smirked face, Yoohyeon dashes towards the demon, with speed she has never experience before. The woman is prepared for Yoohyeon's attack, and dodges each on perfectly, making Yoohyeon even more angry. Yoohyeon finally manages to get close to woman, readies her blow.

"Got you." snarled Yoohyeon, as her fist was an inch away from the woman's face.

"Nice try princess." the woman snickered, as it was too late for Yoohyeon to notice the sword that had punctured her side.

Yoohyeon staggers backwards, while clutching her side that was now pouring out blood as was . She then falls on her knees, and her vision begins to blur. 

"I am a demon, Yoohyeon. My name is Sunmi and don't you forget it. I have awaken something dark inside of you, be prepared to what will follow." Sunmi disclosed, before being consumed by another black cloud then finally disappearing. 

Everyone in the hall was now free from the bond. Siyeon quickly gives out commands to everyone to tend to those who are injured. Handong and Sua make their way around the hall to help. Yubin and a few other guard mens disperse to secure the castle and make sure there were not any enemies left behind. Minji and Gahyeon hastily go toward Yoohyeon. 

"Yoo!" cried Minji, kneeling next to Yoohyeon's body and holding her while Gahyeon quickly rips her apron and applies pressure to Yoohyeon's wounds. 

Yoohyeon's breathing was heavy and she could barely talk at this point, but she could feel droplets of Minji's tears fall onto her face as her vision goes to black and passes out. 

(A/N): 

Hello everyone! Very long time and no update. I'm sorry this took almost a year (I think) to update. I am not going to lie about this but, I was busy with school/work and then when I finally had a break, I didn't inspired enough to update this and had a really bad "writer's block". But I am finally back! With all this COVID stuff and practicing social distancing has allowed me to gather some thoughts. So here I am again! To those who have stuck around, thank you so much! Anyways, I think I've started a plot that I cannot seem to end so I will do my best to see it through. Thank always and until next time <3