The Night Monarch - Part IV

Night Monarch
Eunseo and Eunjae are starting the new day with a healthy and light breakfast.

“Eunjae-yah, can you help me today?”
“How can I help you mom?”
“Can you come with me to work?”
“Can I really go with you?!”
“Yes and we will celebrate your birthday after!”
“Yay! Can I eatohpasta?!”
“Yes, you can eat anything you want but first have some of this seaweed soup.”

Eunseo carefully placed a bowl of seaweed soup on the table which Eunjae delightfully ate and they both happily continued their meal after.

“KuraShouldn’t we close the shop now?”
“Later! Not until we see what happens to Eunseo-ssi today!”
“Oh, right! Then, what are we waiting for?”

Seungyoun immediately  their flat screen television, then, Sakura worked her magic on the remote control and when she switched to another channel, a first person view like someone following Eunseo and her son Eunjae came into the screen.

Eunseo and Eunjae happily walked down the street while holding each other’s hands. They stopped in front of the company building and Eunseo took a deep breath before entering with a determined look on her face.

“Eunjae-yah, wait for me here in the lobby…”
“Yes, mom!”
“I will be back shortly, okay?”

The two smilingly waved goodbye to each other before Eunseo entered further inside.

“Sir, I’m here to submit my resignation letter.”

Eunseo handed her resignation letter and her ID, and respectfully bowed afterwards.

Before she can leave the office, Mr. Kang’s wife barged inside once again.

“Kim Eunseo! Where is my husband?!”
“I don’t know where your husband is.”
“Are you hiding him?!”
“No. Don’t look for him from me anymore.”
“Are you lying again?! When will you ever learn?!“

Upon hearing those accusations, frustration slowly started to build up. A tiny blue flame lit inside her heart, the courage she needed to set aside the fears she have and face the people who gave her a hard time head-on for once in her life.

Mrs. Kang stomped forward and her hand was ready to hit Eunseo. 

“You are a liar as ever! You woman! You wi---“

“Stop!!!”, Eunseo fiercely shouted.

She was tired and had it enough with those false accusations.

The woman stopped on her tracks and the people who were working inside looked up from their work desks shocked and surprised.

“Another word from you and I’ll be the one who will slap you…”
“W-What?!”
“If you want to see your husband so badly, I’ll take you to him…”

Eunseo quickly walked forward and strongly pulled Mrs. Kang along with her to the exit towards Mr. Kang’s office.

“This is getting good!”
“Right?!”

Seungyoun and Sakura focused their eyes on the television again, watching every scene like when watching the best parts of a korean drama.

“Let go of me!”, Mrs. Kang complained.

The noise instantly drew the attention of the other employees working inside.

Eunseo just opened the office door without knocking with Mrs. Kang in tow.

“Ahhh!!!”, two voices screamed simultaneously.

The voices were from the female employee and Mr. Kang himself but their attires and hairs were messy, and kiss marks were visible all over the man’s face. The two were clearly busy making out during office hours.

“I thought you locked the door!”, the female employee exclaimed.

“I-I thought so too…”, Mr. Kang confusedly said.

It was a good thing Sakura used her otherworldly powers to easily unlock the door.

“W-What are you two doing?!”. Mrs. Kang yelled.

Eunseo quickly turned to Mrs. Kang.

“This is the truth. I’ll take my leave now.”

The female employee shifted her eyes to Mrs. Kang, then, to Eunseo who has her back turned away from her and flounced at her.

“Kim Eunseo!!!”, she cried.

Eunseo looked back to the call of her name but was taken aback by a sudden slap to the face.

“D-Did you just slap me?”
“You should’ve just left quietly! That’s what you get for meddling!”

The anger that is buried deep inside ignited her heart into a blaze and Eunseo just laughed at the audacity of the woman standing in front of her.  

“Is there something funny?!”
“Nothing really, you are just pathetic…”
“What?!”

Eunseo unexpectedly grabbed the woman’s hair and pulled her head backwards.

“Ahh! Ahh! Let go! I said let go!!!”, the woman practically screamed. 

Eunseo raised an eyebrow and didn’t let go but instead she pushed her head down and kneed her face with a sickening crunch! The woman immediately fainted with a broken and bleeding nose after.

Everyone including Seungyoun and Sakura who are just watching from afar were left with mouths agape by what happened.

“You go girl!”
“Women sure are scary…”

Eunseo intensely stared at Mr. Kang afterwards.

“W-What?! A-Are you going to hurt me too?”
“Mr. Kang…”
“W-What?”
“You sure are a trash. I’ll break your face like that if you do that to anyone again.”

After her stern warning, she picked up her shoulder bag which fell off when she was hit and walked besides Mrs. Kang, and gave her a sound advice.

“Ma’amIf I were you, I would've divorced that trash.” 

After those last words, she finally exited with a clacking sound from her heels followed by the noise of a fight between the real couple inside the same room.

The company was already rotten even before she took a step inside as one of its workers, so, a revengeful thought came into Eunseo’s mind. She switched on the nearest fire alarm and the alarm blared throughout the building. She took out and opened her umbrella from her bag, and the fire sprinklers activated seconds after, dousing everything within.

Eunseo walked down the flooded hallway with a relieved smile and held her head high for finally being able to leave the horrendous place.