Time Slip

Time Slip

Donghae plopped down on his bed in exhaustion, upon arriving at his house. He had a long tiring day at school. As a senior highschool student, he had a lot of tests and projects, and after his class, he had a sudden soccer practice with his team for their upcoming interschool match. 


He was about to close his eyes for a nap, when his phone rang. He groggily grabbed his phone from the nightstand, and saw that Kyuhyun was calling him for the nth time. He doesn't have the energy to talk to his girlfriend right now, and all he wanted to do was to sleep at the moment. When the ringing had finally stopped, he turned off his phone before lying down again on his bed. 


Don't get him wrong, he loves Kyuhyun so much, but sometimes he already felt suffocated with his girlfriend's constant calls and messages to him. Sometimes he can't help but wonder what if he hadn't met Kyuhyun. What if Kyuhyun was not his girlfriend? Would he still be happy living his single life with so much freedom?  


He lost his train of thought when suddenly, a blinding light appeared in front of him. He abruptly got up from his lying position and sat down on his bed, with his arm shielding his eyes from the light. When the light seemed to have already dimmed, he slowly opened his eyes and saw a divine figure.


"W-who are you? W-what are you doing here?", Donghae asked the figure, feeling shocked and scared at the same time. "I'm Heechul, the guardian of time. I have heard your thoughts so I'm here to grant your wish", the figure answered.


"What wish are you talking about?"


"That Kyuhyun wasn't your girlfriend. I'm here to grant your wish. As the guardian of time, I can send you back to the past so you can change it and avoid Kyuhyun from being your girlfriend."


Donghae was contemplating if Heechul was really telling the truth. Was it really possible to travel back in time? 


"If what you said was really true, then take me back to the past."


"Ok, I hope you won't regret this wish of yours", Heechul snapped his finger and disappeared from Donghae's sight.

 

***

 

After Heechul snapped his finger, Donghae suddenly found himself at the school. He was confused on why he was here. Did Heechul's time traveling power really worked on him?


"Hey, Donghae! Why are you still standing there? Come on, let's go to our classroom. It's the first day of our classes, we shouldn't be late!", an arm patted him on his back and wrapped on his shoulder. Donghae glanced at the person who talked to him, "Hyukjae! What first day are you talking about?".


Hyukjae looked at him with a confused expression on his face, "Huh? You don't know it's our first day of classes as freshmen today? Lee Donghae, you're really an idiot!".


Donghae widened his eyes at the realization that Heechul's time travel had really worked. He was brought back to the time of his freshman highschool days. He was still in a dazed state, so Hyukjae had no choice but to grab his best friend and walked to their room.

 

***

 

Upon entering their classroom, Donghae immediately saw Kyuhyun already sitting on one of the armchairs. He suddenly remembered the day that they first met, when he purposely sat beside her because he was struck by her beauty. 


Donghae blinked his eyes to forget the memory. He was brought back here in his past to avoid being Kyuhyun's boyfriend. He looked away at Kyuhyun and walked towards the seat far from her. Once seated, he sneakily glanced at Kyuhyun and saw Hyukjae occupying the seat beside her. His best friend seemed to have already introduced himself to her, as he watched Kyuhyun shaking hands with Hyukjae. A weird feeling erupted on Donghae's chest upon seeing them happily chatting with each other. He ignored the feeling and looked away from the two, as their teacher entered the room.

 

***

 

The bell had rang, signalling the start of their break time. Donghae immediately went out of their classroom, waiting for Hyukjae. "Donghae! I would like you to meet my seat mate, Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun, this is Donghae, my best friend since elementary", Hyukjae introduced the two of them when they met outside of their classroom.


"Nice to meet you, Donghae", Kyuhyun shook hands with him. Donghae can't help but feel the warmth of Kyuhyun's hands, "N-nice to meet you too, Kyuhyun". He was feeling nervous all of a sudden because of Kyuhyun's presence. How can he avoid her if Hyukjae seemed to like her to be a part of their group? 


"Donghae, is it ok if Kyuhyun would join the two of us from now on? She's a transferee and she doesn't know anyone here in our school".


Donghae had no choice but to agree, it would be suspicious if he would reject Hyukjae's request, "Ok sure, no problem".


"Thank you, Donghae", Kyuhyun said, smiling at him. Donghae felt his heart skipped a beat upon seeing her blinding smile, but he tried to ignore that feeling and walked ahead from the two towards the cafeteria.

 

***

 

"Hae, I think I'm falling for Kyuhyun. I'm gonna confess to her soon", Hyukjae told him while they're on their way home. Donghae was not blind, for the past few months he had seen how Hyukjae and Kyuhyun were really getting closer. He should have already seen it coming, but why does he feel hurt about it? His wish of not becoming Kyuhyun's boyfriend was being granted. He should be feeling happy right? But all he felt now was pain, seeing his best friend taking his place soon as Kyuhyun's boyfriend. He had tried to avoid Kyuhyun at all cost, but he still ended up falling in love with her all over again.


"O-ok, goodluck to you Hyuk, I'll go ahead bye", Donghae hastily said and ran towards his house. He tried to blink away the tears which were already forming on his eyes. He immediately went to his room and slammed the door. He punched the wall, crying so hard in regret. He was so stupid. If not because of his stupid wish, he would still be with Kyuhyun as her boyfriend. Maybe this was his punishment for taking Kyuhyun for granted. Call him selfish, but he still wanted to be with Kyuhyun again even if he doesn't deserve her. He promised to himself that he would change and become a better boyfriend to Kyuhyun.


"Heechul, where are you?!? Please take me back to the present!!! I want to be Kyuhyun's boyfriend again! I promise I'll become a better boyfriend to her, just please grant my wish!", Donghae begged on his knees, desperately crying for Heechul's help.
"So did you finally learned your lesson? I'm sorry to say Donghae, but even if you already regretted your decision, I can't bring you back to the present. I can only grant one wish for one person", Heechul sadly said and disappeared.


"W-what?!? No you can't do this to me! Heechul please come back! Please bring me back to Kyuhyun! Please!!!", Donghae sprawled on the floor, crying his heart out. 

 

***

 

"N-nooo, N-nooo, please", Donghae was mumbling before he suddenly got up, awaken by someone shaking him.


"Thank God you're finally awake! You're not answering my calls and messages, and I was really worried so I already came here", Donghae was abruptly hugged by that someone. He hugged the person back, finally coming to his senses, and recognizing his girlfriend's familiar warmth.


"K-Kyuhyun baby, are you finally back to me? I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have done that. I promise I'll be a better boyfriend to you from now on, just please don't leave me for anyone else", Donghae sobbed in Kyuhyun's arms, tightening his hug.


"Hey, baby, what are you talking about? Why would I be back to you, I've never left you. I think you had a bad dream, baby. And please don't blame yourself, I'm the one who should be saying sorry. I'm sorry for being so clingy and possessive to you, I'll try to tone it down ok? Please stop crying baby", Kyuhyun broke the hug to kiss Donghae's tears away.


"S-so all of it was just a dream? You're still my girlfriend right? And you'll never leave me?", Donghae held Kyuhyun's face in his hands, gently caressing her.


"Yes it was just a silly dream, baby. So stop crying, I'll never leave you because I love you so much", Kyuhyun held Donghae's hands on her face and leaned in for a kiss. 


Donghae kissed her back passionately, pouring all his emotions out on that kiss. He was grateful that all of it was just a dream. But because of that dream, he realized how much he had taken his girlfriend for granted. And now that he was aware of his mistake, he would do his best to become a better and more understanding boyfriend to Kyuhyun.