.01

Idol. Idols
Please log in to read the full chapter

Irene was never the type to be attached to someone so easily, but if it does happen, she'd find herself not wanting to let go. Not only that, but she finds it harder not to acknowledge her attachment.

Especially if it's for Kang Seulgi.

A very famous solo artist under the same company where she works at.

Her attraction for the tall, slim and charismatic singer occurred on one of the prestigious events Sm entertainment holds, SmTown concert. The different idols of different boy/girl groups attended the said event, and it also includes those in their solo careers under the circle of the entertainment company.

The show was about to end, and it's their practice that all of the artist must all stand in the stage while singing and waving to fans as a sign of bidding their farewells. Irene was standing right behind her other members, -- despite her lack of height -- waving through hundreds of fans, smiling endlessly and even jamming to the song that's currently on play.

And maybe it's all the rush on having to stand on the stage with the people she looks up highly, her sunbaes standing right beside them, the rookies as they called themselves. She should have seen it coming -- or at this case, heard it coming, the easily scared person she was should have expected the exploding fireworks.

She can't help the scream that went out , followed by the hands that covered her ears and the tight closing of her eyes.

But she did not expect another hands that was not hers that covered hers on her ears.

"Hey, you okay?"

The voice was laced with genuine concern asked her that it overpowered the loud explosions. Irene couldn't help but open her eyes, and was greeted with the most soulful eyes and charming smile she had ever seen.

"It's alright, just harmless fireworks."

The voice assured her while the smile widens more, Irene wasn't sure if she was more assured by the velvety voice that was so convincing or the smile that had her mind blank and the only thing that her brain could process was the smile -- or maybe it was both. Nonetheless it was effective that made Irene nod, still caught off guard by the sudden yet welcomed presence in front of her.

She didn't even noticed the ending of the loud explosions as she kept her eyes set to the still stunningly smiling woman in her front.

"Oh, it seems like it's over."

Irene fought the ugly disappointment that creeps her insides when the hands retreated back.

"And by the way Irene-sshi, you look so cute just now."

The smile brightened, eyes were tiny slits, before Irene can pick up her wits, she saw the retreating back of the offending person that called her cute. She doesn't want to be referred as cute -- she covered the face-splitting grin by her hands that came out of her all of a sudden.

That night, the other three members grew concerned of their leader when she continued to cover half of her face and didn't bother to explain, even until their manager sent them to their shared dorm.

It's safe to say that Kang Seulgi made Bae Irene this pile of gushing mush in just a night. Irene thinks she's in high school all over again, developing a crush on the most wanted-to-date person in school, she wanted to gag at her own idea but remembering the enigmatic singer's smile only made her sigh in adoration.

Videos of them that night leaked in social media that honestly didn't help Irene in the situation as fans started to ship them up as a couple, though Irene would never admit that she liked how people linked them both. But it did nothing to stable herself on the thoughts of a certain blonde-haired singer that turned her world upside down. (A/n: the author's a er for blonde Seulgi)

Sm entertainment seems to also take the news lightly, maybe because the paparazzi wasn't prying much to the scandal, and surprisingly the ratings of Red Velvet and Seulgi was raising pretty high because of the growing shippers of SeulRene -- Irene had giggled at their ship's name when she heard it the first time and she's dying out of curiosity of Seulgi's own thoughts about it.

Joy once voiced out to her about her growing obsession about the blonde, which was very concerning.

"Unnie, you're so gay."

The younger commented when she caught Irene smiling -- creepily yet still pretty -- over a picture of Seulgi. Apparently, the bunny was stalking Seulgi's instagram account.

But Irene dismissed her with a wave of her hand saying, 'get lost', and continued her stalking -- browsing. She only stopped when she saw a picture of Seulgi in just her sports bra, her sweaty appearance and flashy abs made Irene gulped hard. There's too much skin exposed and Irene wasn't ready to see it, so she opted to stop before her mind wander elsewhere.

Now, a week has passed since the event, but the issue of Irene and Seulgi's 'dating' was still a hot topic.

The both of them were busy, Seulgi was promoting her newest single which Irene listened to endlessly, and Red Velvet practising their butts off for their comeback. Irene can only see glimpses of Seulgi's back or side view around the company. So imagine her shock and excitement when her manager, Tiffany Hwang (a/n:yeah, that Tiffany Hwang) told her that she had a joined photo shoot project with the Kang Seulgi. Just the two of them.

**** ***** ****** ************

The pounding of Irene's heart was making her deaf, she can't seem to hear the photographer's command clearly that she has to focus on his mouth to lip read his instructions, but focusing was also a problem for her.

Not when Kang Seulgi was so close to her.

She would occasionally gulp and slightly jump on her place whenever Seulgi would make a contact with her skin, and of course the blonde noticed the trouble Irene's facing. And being a good person that she is, she decided to offer some help.

Irene jerked like usual when palms pressed itself on her tensed shoulder, and nothing prepared her poor heart when Seulgi whispered close to her ear since she was standing behind the smaller woman.

"Hey, easy there, you're so tense Irene-sshi. It's just me, nothing to worry about. I'm not gonna do something you won't like, I promise."

'That's exactly the problem, I'm like this because of you.' Irene berated in her mind, but still followed what the blonde said. It would be too much if she continues being so stiff, she can't handle more shame than what she's experiencing now.

Irene took a big inhale to calm her nerves and steady her heartbeat, though it took her energy to do so -- curse Seulgi's effect on her -- but she still succeeded.

"That's right Irene-sshi, you're doing great."

Seulgi complimented when she noticed the difference of Irene's stance from before, the woman was now acting more naturally and not like a ticking time bomb waiting to explode. By now, Irene was multitasking of steadying her heart rate and controlling herself not to blush by the compliment.

For the past couple of hours the photo shoot proceeded well without any mishap or Irene's fidgeting in place, she grew comfortable having Seulgi's presence beside her over a couple of shots that she can even have an eye-contact to the blonde without looking away and blush silly. It took more than the required time since the photographer has been overwhelmed by the whole ordeal that he got side tracked and just continued taking pictures stating that both artist has such good chemistry that he can't help but capture more than what was required, not that Seulgi and Irene mind the extra couple more shots tho -- especially Irene.

The people that participated on the photo shoot was preparing to go home already, when Seulgi chose that time to ask Irene her number. The smaller woman almost squealed but collected her wits before she can even embarrass herself, and acted normally when she typed in her number to Seulgi's phone. Unfortunately for her, Tiffany already called her and said that they head home already so she masked her disappointment and bid goodbye to the singer.

"Seulgi."

Kim Taeyeon, Seulgi's manager, called when she's approaching her artist.

The blonde only hummed in response, still eyeing the retreating back of her joint partner for that day, with a wide grin on her face.

"I know what you're thinking right now, and whatever plan you're plotting don't do it."

Her manager warned sternly, which caused Seulgi to give her undivided attention to her, her smile from before vanished instantly.

"Manager-nim, I'm sorry to disappoint you but I'm not plotting some evil scheme to Irene-sshi."

"That's not what I meant Seulgi, you know it. I'm just looking out for you like I should be, and Irene's still my cousin."

Taeyeon explained, her annoyance when Seulgi acted formally to her was clear. God knows how close they are to each other so the frown on her face is explainable.

The younger sighed.

"I know, I know, I'm sorry unnie. But you should trust me on this, I'm not planning something, I just wanted us to be friends." 

"Okay, but I'll still watch you."

Seulgi nodded and flashed her innocent smile that could fool anyone, except maybe for Taeyeon -- she has fallen for it many times in the past that had her in a situation she doesn't even want to recall -- who only shook her head and walked away.

The blonde made sure that her manager was out of sight when she fished out her phone from her pocket.

'Sorry unnie, but I won't let you ruin my confession. Not when I finally had the courage to approach her for the past 9 years of just cowa

Please log in to read the full chapter