Preview

Catching Feelings

“Why are we still here…” Seulgi mumbled to herself in exhaustion. They could have left a few minutes ago until she realized Wendy was casually sitting inside the lobby, seen through the transparent doors. ‘So why do I have to go through this too?’ She shook her head in disbelief.

Irene contemplated, cold fingers tapping on the handbag she held closely. “What does she like, Seulgi?” Nervously, she fidgeted and inched closer until she was taking up Seulgi’s whole arm like it was freezing.  “I mean, I know she likes tteukboki but like, any other food?”

Seulgi didn’t get a chance to answer when Wendy suddenly popped up from behind them, “Gummy bears.” Irene squealed so loud, it hurt her best friend’s ears and left the spectator with a newfound shock. Irene tumbled backwards until she felt a pair of hands catch her and accidentally intertwining their fingers.

“Woah!” Wendy exclaimed because it didn’t even take a moment for Irene to turn beet red and scramble away from the younger girl. Seulgi watched in amusement, only seeing this side of Irene now. ‘Oh, this looks like a K-drama.’

“What-What are you talking about? Gummy be-bears?” Irene tried her best to stop stuttering, to stop the earthquake tremors inside her chest while she hid her trembling hands behind her. Wendy laughed it off, hands raised animatedly. “I thought you guys were talking about cravings and favorite food. I’m craving for gummies right now.”

“Oh, I like gummies too!” It was blatantly obvious that Irene did not like gummies just by looking at her face. Seulgi saw it coming; but she wasn’t sure if Wendy did. “Really?!” The grin on her face was so wide Seulgi was afraid Irene was about to faint on the spot.

“Seungwan unnie, let’s go!”

            It was then that all three snap out of a daze and realized that they weren’t the only ones waiting for the rain to stop. Park Joy and Kim Yerim stood there, umbrellas out as the taller of the two tapped her foot impatiently on the floor. Seulgi waved at them nonchalantly which Joy returned as a nod. Yerim waved back. “Right!” Wendy hurriedly took out her own umbrella from her sling bag and waved ‘Goodbye.’

But Irene didn’t react.

            Seulgi nudged her, finding the whole scenario hilarious in her head. “You okay, Joohyun?” The latter was spaced out yet had an expression like she was about to cry. She pouted, forehead creased while her dark eyes seem to be shooting out an invisible laser.

“Seul, I’ll be taking a leave tomorrow. I’m going to buy all the gummies in Seoul.”