Chapter 2

As If It's Your Last
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I had been window searching for a job all morning and so far the only job advertisements I had  come across were two wanted posters. One was for a Café which had their waitresses cosplay as maids. The other job was for a leaflet distributor which required me to dress up as a giant crab.

Either way, I would end up wearing a ridiculous uniform. I had applied for both jobs.

It was when I was at a Tteokbokki street cart that I heard my phone chime once again.

Since I had set out this morning, I had been bombarded with text messages from my Umma. Each text was the same question every time. Always asking if I had handed the letter she had given me to the person it was intended for.

Pulling out my phone from my jeans pocket, I grinded my teeth together in anger as I deleted her latest text.

Before I had even left the house this morning, Appa had wished me luck for finding a job. My Umma on the other hand had relentlessly ushered me out of the house while at all times asking me if I definitely had Sungah’s letter in my bag.

A person would think that delivering this letter had been my only purpose in life. At least, from Umma’s standpoint.

Frowning the whole time, I pulled out the stupid letter from out of my bag and began to type the address into google. I could see that what appeared to be an apartment building was actually not that far from where I currently stood.

Looking at the spicy red rice cakes and then back at the letter in my hands, I heaved out a heavy sigh. Food would have to wait because my life wouldn’t be worth living until I got my Umma off my back and there was only one way to do that.

I quickly shoved the stupid letter back into the safety of my bag.

I left the Tteokbokki stand and began to make my way to the apartment block that my phone was directing me to.

-

-

-

It took less time than I originally thought it would to get to the building. Getting inside the building was a whole different story. To get inside, I would have to either know the passcode which I did not or I had to get someone to buzz me in. I didn’t know any residents that lived in this building personally so I did the only thing I could.

I took a leap of faith.

Pulling out the letter from my bag, I looked at the address on the front.

Apartment F22.

Inhaling a deep breath, I raised my hand and pressed the button that had the Apartment number carved into it. I waited and heard a small beep as my finger pulled away. I waited in silence for a few seconds. I began to wonder if anyone was home when the seconds turned into a minute. I raised my hand to press the button once again when I male voice suddenly began to speak from the voice box positioned next to the line of buttons.

“Hello, who is it?”

Stunned momentarily, I quickly looked down at the envelope before replying.

“Hello, my name is Park Yoora. I’m here to see Taehyung…” I began, not really knowing what to say after that, not that I had much time to think about it before the voice spoke once again.

“I’m sorry but could you send your gift to the company like all the other fans? Appearing at our Apartment is very problematic for us and if you refuse to leave then we will have no other choice but to call the police.” The voice turned sharp, almost sounding defensive.

“I think you’ve got the wrong idea. I’m here to hand over

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter