CAUGHT!

CAUGHT
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yoo Jeongyeon on the run. Looking for an opener to pass the ball. Only 10 seconds left on the clock! Will the JYPU enter the finals this year?"

The commentator said, paying his full attention to the game as the game intensify. The loud cheers from the crowd added the intensity as each team scores. Now that the game is near the end, seconds left on the clock, everybody hold their breath, eyes focus on each team.

Jeongyeon the power forward of the team, dribble the ball and glance at the clock at the top of the ring. Heaving a deep breath and look took a quick step and just like an automatic, their opponent 'double team' her for her to not shoot the ball and let them won. 

The opponent lead by one point.

Adopting Dahyun's eagle eyes (the Center of the team), she saw Chaeyoung quietly took her step at the back of her and some of her team distracting the opponent's defense. She smirk and jump to attempt shooting the ball, making the two guards jump as well but instead of shooting it directly at the ring, she pass the ball at her back - where Chaeyoung is waiting for her to pass the ball.

Chaeyoung the point guard and the captain catch the ball making some of the opponents guarded her but she step backward and hold the ball above her and jump, shooting the ball from the outside ring. A 3-point shoot. 

The anticipation took the whole JYPU Girls Basketball Team hold their breaths along with the whole campus who's watching inside and outside of the arena of their own promising school - where the game held. All looking at the ring and when the ball bounce on the ring making the people gasped but the ball roll, shooting the ball inside. 

In cue, people started to cheered and jumped around. Chaeyoung's team run towards her and engulfed her in group hug. 

Final score: 89-91. Chaeyoung's team won.

"Number #29, Son Chaeyoung the captain of JYPU, again, make the whole team step at the final game!" The commentator can't help but to shout and cheered with along with them. 

"See all next week for the final game, JYPU vs. SMU. Who will win the crown this season?" The commentator said. "Let's all find out next week. See you all!" 

Her team carried Chaeyoung, cheering for the advancement of their team. Chaeyoung only chuckled while shaking her head. She roam her eyes seeing all the students who went and watched their game is now starting to vanish. She also saw some journalists students taking photos of them and most especially her. Expecting herself to be posted in their monthly newspaper.

Just like an instinct, her eyes landed only to the person she loved the most, shooting hearts. The familiar brown hazelnut eyes, her brown smooth wavy hair and those constellation-beauty marks on her face - those little things that she love, she fell in love the most that made Chaeyoung automatically smile wider and mouthed, 'See you later'. 

The person's eyes went crescent moon as she smile wider, giving the captain her favorite, her gummy smile. The person nodded and slowly disappear from the crowd and make her way out and wait for her lover.

"Ok! Let's do our best to our next game. The final game!" The coach shouted, looking to all the players circled in front of her. Clapping his hands, "We got this team!" They shouted 'yes!'. "Thanks for the hard work! Let's all rest for now. That's all." And he left them to change clothes, letting them rest for awhile.

Chaeyoung sigh in relief, smiling at her team. She turn to her locker and remove her jersey and took her duffel bag that contains all of her dry clothes that she assumed her lover prepared for her.

"Bro!" She felt a light punch on her left shoulder. Smiling when she knew who was it. She then turn around and saw Dahyun, the center of the team, congratulating her. "That was a nice assist!" She squealed making Chaeyoung shake her head in embarrassment for her so-called friend. 

"It's not a big deal." She humbly said making Dahyun grimace at her friend statement, disliking her friend's word. 

She playfully punch her on her shoulder but Chaeyoung ignored her and wiped her sweaty body by a dry towel that was inside her duffel bag. "It so not you!" She said. "Stop being humble all the time." Chaeyoung chuckled followed by Dahyun. She tap her bare shoulder. "Go wash up. You stink!" 

Chaeyoung scoff. "Don't talk like you aren't stink as well!" She throw random staff to Dahyun's place making some of her team mates chuckle at their usual behavior. 

The two were inseparable since diapers. Their family was business partners and because of that, the two grew up together, most of the time. Going at the same school from elementary, high school and now in the same university. And since they entered University, the two met their friends; Jeongyeon and Tzuyu the Shooting Guard.

Chaeyoung had been into basketball since she was an elementary student, watching all boys in her school playing basketball at their gym when it's P.E time. Watching them hooking the ball inside the tall ring with net around. Finding it interesting sport in person rather than playing it in her playstation where she control the person and do all the commands. She got challenged playing it for the first time. And ever since, she devoted herself playing it and had herself entered their school girl's basketball team in elementary, high school and now the captain of one of the famous art school in South Korea for executive 3 years. It was their last year in college. And she wants to bring the last championship trophy before they graduated.

Chaeyoung went out from the shower with a towel around her neck and while wearing a sport bra and a brown khaki shorts. Her head snapped at her right when she heard her friend Jeongyeon spoke. "Cub, gotta head first. Nayeon is waiting for me outside." Chaeyoung tap her shoulder and nod.

"Sure, tell her I said 'hi'" Jeongyeon close her locker and tap her shoulder as her response. "And your girl is with them." She smile knowing who was it. "Yeah tell her I'll just dress up." Her friend was about to leave when she remember something. 

"Ah, Chaeyoung-ah," Chaeyoung hummed turning back to Jeongyeon. "When are you planning to tell everyone that you and-" Chaeyoung giggled, stopping her friend halfway. 

"Don't worry. Soon." With that Jeongyeon leave her.

Chaeyoung manage to wear her favorite sleeveless, her AC⚡CD shirt that almost cover her down to her thigh, giving a slight peek of her brown khaki tight shorts. Brushing her hair for the last time before spraying her strawberry perfume.

Chaeyoung went out carrying her duffel bag that contained her dirty clothes and her basketball shoes. Tapping her pockets to search for her car keys, fishing it out before unlocking her car.

"Hi" A sweet voice welcomed her then followed by a warm hug from her lover with a sweetest kiss on her lips. "Congratulation, you're so cool playing there." She complimented making Chaeyoung blushed but manage to smile, a dimple smile.

"Thank you, Minari." She smile and give her a peck on her lips before roaring her car to life. "Let's go home." Minari said, a petname that Chaeyoung gave to her lover. Chaeyoung nodded and drove off to their so-called 'home'.

Entering the luxury building and got greeted by the staff of the condominium. The two entered the elevator and click the top floor - their penthouse, their home.

Chaeyoung's free hand was on Mina's, intertwined and while drawing soothing circles behind her palm. Mina really love how Chaeyoung shared her warmth, touching her, giving her hugs and kisses. And she never will complain about that.

Then Mina's phone dinged, indicating that there's a message. She fished out her phone and glance up to Chaeyoung who's busy looking at the number as it increment. She chuckle and look at her phone, opening the new message.

She squeeze Chaeyoung's hand to gain her attention and she did. Chaeyoung look at her with her eyebrows rose up. "Our parents inviting us for dinner tonight." She reads the message and close her phone.

Chaeyoung pout, "I though I'm gonna have you all night. Cuddles, watch your favorite marvel movies.." Mina kissed her cheeks. "You always have me though." She replied. "We're practically living together." She booped her nose and Chaeyoung crunched it making Mina giggled and lean her head on her board shoulder.

Chaeyoung sigh, "What I meant was, I just want you tonight. Just cuddles and give me kisses while spooning me on our couch..." She wondered. "I'm tired after the game and I just want to relax, is all." 

Mina peck her neck. "We can do that later when we go home. The dinner will not take long." She patted her lover's hair to stop from pouting. Chaeyoung nodded, defeatedly. 

The elevator stop at their floor, climbing off and walk not too far from the only door at the floor. As soon they entered, Mina spoke. "Go change your clothes first. We only have few minutes left before we leave." Chaeyoung stomped her feet like a child and groan. "Chaeyoung-ah," The latter glared at her that made Chaeyoung stop and pouted. Mina shook her head when she heard the bedroom door closed.

"What a child." She mumbled and grab Chaeyoung's duffel bag and took everything out then put all her dirty clothes to their washer. 

Chaeyoung went out fully dressed. Wearing a plain white shirt topped it with a black blazer and black tight jeans partnered with her Dr. Marten's leather boots. Her sweet jasmine perfume lingers Mina's nose when she soon walked in their living room.

Mina stood up and arc her eyebrows. "Did you just used my perfume?" Chaeyoung gave her a cheeky smile. Mina sigh and shook her head. "You should wear yours. Stop using mine."

"I just love how the smell of your perfume. Whenever I used them, I feel like your just beside me." Cheesy that made Mina playfully cringed. It so not her, she thought. She push her shoulder softly and said, "I'll just go change. Wait me up." And leave Chaeyoung sitting on their soft couch.

Arriving at the a luxurious 5-star restaurant downtown, the 'secret' couple entered the restaurant and only be guided by the staffs of the place, leading them into one of their VIP room - whereas their parents were waiting for them.

They thanked the person and entered the room bowing as soon their parents came to their sight. Mina's father gestured them to take a sit in front of them. Chaeyoung being the super gentleman, she pull the chair to let Mina sit first and Mina smile sweetly in response of thanking her silently then Chaeyoung took her sit just beside her.

"Let's eat." Their parents declared pulling the napkin and spread it widely before putting it over their thighs.

Chaeyoung's father cleared his throat to gain their attention. He looked at the two with a tight smile on his lips. "How's school going?" Asking before shoving food on his mouth. Chaeyoung once glance at Mina then look at their parents. 

With a confident smile on her face, she answered. "It's great. Quite busy by our games, but everything is under control."

"Oh, I'd heard about the Championship game by next week. And by the way, congratulation about your wining today, captain." Chaeyoung smile as her response to Mina's father which was returned. 

"How about you our Minari?" Her mother asked.

She smile, "We're preparing for the competition, that will be held next, next week." Drinking her water after she response and, of course, Chaeyoung helped her drink. 

Mina was part of their Ballet Team and the team leader of it. She's been pursuing being a ballerina since she was a little. Been into competitions and she won every of it at the very young age, up until now. But she somehow taking everything low since she prioritize her study and now that she's graduating student.

"I'm happy to hear that. Maybe, if we have time we're gonna watch your competition." Mina smile at how their both family was so supportive, not just to their relationship but also to their passion.

"Anyway, when's the wedding?" Chaeyoung's mother asked making the couple choked. Their parents laughed at them, how cute, Mina's mother thinks. 

After drinking water and Chaeyoung clear making them look at her. "Haven't thought of proposing to my daughter?" Akira asked. 

"Dad!" Mina whined.

Chaeyoung glance at Mina. "Believe it or not I have a plan already." This makes Mina blush, proceeding eating her food to distract herself. 

Mina's parents smile, "Well, you already have our blessing." Chaeyoung blush but manage to bow, thanking them. "I'm happy that our daughter chose the right person. And we're glad to be it's you, Chaeyoung, our future daughter-in-law."

Mina's mother giggled. "I still remember how you nervously went to our house to officially have our blessing to court our daughter." Chaeyoung smile, blushing at the memory. "Testing your loyalty and patience to our daughter you undergo 5 months of courting her and there, you successfully earn her heart. And I'm proud to the two of you that last long, 3 years is no joke."

"And counting," Chaeyoung added making them laugh while giggling, agreeing to her. 

It was there first year when Chaeyoung saw Mina at the there school gym, it was P.E time and they have the same schedule. You can say that it was 'crush on first sight', not 'love at first sight' because it's impossible to called it 'love at first sight', if that makes sense.

She was lurking. Crushing over her from a far, only Dahyun knew about her lil crush on the ballerina. And when Chaeyoung saw an opening to know her name - though she already knew, just pretending not look like a creep stalker. 

They became friends, lowkey.

Seeing each other after class, eating dinner together (sometimes) and do everything like how friends do. Then little did they know, their hearts saying the opposite. They want to be more than just friends. So Chaeyoung do another move, bravely confessing her feelings, saying to herself that she can not take being friends anymore and she's feeling jealous even though she don't have right to do so, but she really fell hard on the ballerina.

"I like you, Mina. Will you go out with?"

That was the word Chaeyoung told to her. And of course, feeling the same, she agreed saying, "I like you, too. And yes, I will go out with you."

A week after, Chaeyoung went to Mina's house to asked her parents permission to let her court their daughter. That was the time Chaeyoung got tested for over 5 months of courting her. And they agreed to make their relationship private, afraid that someone might invade and ruined their relationship.

And the rest was history.

"I heard that you haven't told or officially announced that the two of you are in a relationship, why?" Looking at their parents, Chaeyoung took a single glance at her girlfriend. 

"We have plan, but it's not the right time. But we will, not now." They nodded their heads, understanding and trusting them.

The dinner filled with laughters and conversation about business and their daughters' relationship. Sending farewell on each other as the dinner comes to end.

Upon arriving at their house, the two headed to their bedroom, Chaeyoung flopping down above the soft mattress. Groaning, "I don't want to go to school tomorrow!" 

Mina who was picking their pajamas, roll an eyes. "You need to go to school tomorrow." Scolding her was their nature. Everyday, she never missed scolding her over things because Chaeyoung was a mess and she needs to be there to pick up every messed she'd made.

"I have 7 am class!" Whining over her schedule while waddling her feet making soft thuds. Mina turned around and walk to their bed before giving Chaeyoung's own pajama, asking her to take a bath.

"Bare with it. You still have training after class right?" Sitting up with her messy hair, pouting. "Right. Lucky for you that you have just one afternoon class, then it's over." Moving her hands to make sense. Mina chuckle, shaking her head before pushing her inside the bathroom.

~

"Chaeyoung-ah," Jeongyeon, the older of the group called out her name. Sighing when the younger didn't give any damn to turn her head or response. Walking closer to her, pulling her earphone out of her ears that had gained a glared from the latter. 

"What?" She asked irritably, pulling back her earphone from Jeongyeon. For the second time, Jeongyeon sighed. "I've been calling you, yet you didn't give any damn about it." Shaking her head she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter