Mirrors

Mirrors

"Why don't you look for me?"
"Why did you do that?"
"Did you really wanted me gone that much?"
"How could you?"

Howon shot up from his bed, and rubbed the sides of his head, trying to get the picture of Myungsoo out of his head. He looked around his room, looking for something he didn't even know about in the dim light. He saw pieces of his mirror lying on the floor, he hadn't been able to pick them up and throw them away, so for the past week, they'd laid there. It had been a week now. A week since he smashed his mirror to get Myungsoo out of it. Which failed, terribly, leaving Howon alone, crying on his floor the whole night. He hadn't noticed the sharp pieces of glass digging into his skin, and when he took a look at his arms now he could still see small scars. 

"I just wanted you out, please, believe me." Howon spoke to the emptiness of his room, hoping Myungsoo could hear him, he wanted Myungsoo to know that it wasn't like how Myungsoo made it look like in his dreams, Howon had just wanted Myungsoo closer. He had wanted to be with him, never would he want to get rid of Myungsoo, he... He loved him too much. Howon sighed, he was truly hopeless. Falling for a man in a mirror - and then killing him. Sounds like something he'd be able to do, and ironically, he ing did.
He laid back down, trying to think of anything but Myungsoo, he didn't want more tears, he'd been crying every night for a week, and even his mom who never noticed a thing had asked him about his swollen eyes. 

"Howon, I believe you." Myungsoo was in his dreams the second he fell back to sleep. But now he smiled. And he was clean. No blood. He was smiling slightly, hand reaching out to grab Howon's, but not reaching all the way, making his smile fade. 

Howon woke up the next morning when his alarm went off, and he groaned as he pushed the snooze-button. He was awake, but he didn't have the power to move just yet. He smiled when he thought about his dream, how Myungsoo had seemed happy, and not destroyed like every other dream. His smile faded when he remembered how dissapointed Myungsoo had been when he couldn't reach Howon and how none of them had been able to move. 
"Myungsoo." He breathed out as he sat up when his alarm went off again, but this time he shut it off completely and got out of his bed. He made sure not to walk on the pieces of his mirror on the floor as he walked to the bathroom, and out of habit he looked for Myungsoo in the bathroom mirror when he walked into the room. However, it was only him, his hair messy and his eyes red. He grabbed his toothbrush and brushed his teeth while walking back to his room, sitting on his bed and looking at the pieces on the floor. He did it every morning, looking for Myunsoo in one of the shards, but never saw anything except for his own room or reflection. 
He walked back to the bathroom to spit the toothpaste out, but instead of spitting it in the sink it splashed on the floor. 
On the toilet seat, with scars covering his face and arms (which were the only parts where Howon could see his skin), was Myungsoo. Howon couldn't understand. He had killed Myungsoo, hadn't he? How did he... How did he get out? Tears streamed down his face without him noticing it, and Myungsoo now looked at him with a small smile on his face. 
"I did it." He sounded so very proud.
Howon couldn't answer, he dropped on the floor, sobbing so hard he could barely breathe, and tried to dry his tears so he could see Myungsoo. 
"I-I-I'm so s-sorry." Was all he got out when he had managed to calm himself. 
Myungsoo got down on the floor next to him, arms draping over Howon's shoulders, and Howon started crying again. He felt Myungsoo move around him, noticed him taking a towel to dry the toothpaste up and then take another to dry Howon's neverending tears. Then he felt Myungsoo holding him close, his scarred arms around Howon's torso, and Howon hugged him back. 
"Don't be. I got out, and you helped me understand how I would do it." 
"How did you... Did you do it?" Howon's words got muffled against Myungsoo's neck. 
"From my side, all I ever saw was mirrors. Everywhere. I didn't know which one would lead to you, because you were in all of them at different times. But when you broke one, everyone of them broke. That's why I look like... this, I couldn't hide from all of the glass. But since every mirror was broken, I couldn't get to you, and I missed you so terribly, I looked in every piece of mirror, seeing only black, until just now. I found one piece that lead to this very mirror" He nodded against the bathroom mirror, "and I broke it myself. See, there's even a piece missing from your own mirror now." 
Howon looked for himself, and Myungsoo was right, there was a piece missing. He smiled and held Myungsoo even closer, inhaling his scent. 
"Myungsoo, I love you." He straightned himself so he could look at Myungsoo, and even with his face covered with scars, Myungsoo was simpy stunning. Myungsoo placed his hands on Howon's cheeks, and leaned in to kiss him softly, the words "I love you too" breathed against Howon's lips.

 

-----------------

why do i always write cheesy endings?! this was supposed to be a sad story god damn it.