Path of Revenge

The Prince of Darkness & The Blood Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

PRESENT DAY

A group of women were walking out of the club past 12 midnight happily talking and inebriated.

“I can’t believe you turned down the hot guy a while ago,” a pretty young woman said as the walked the dark alleyway.

“He’s hot but not my type,” another pretty girl replied nonchalantly.

“Oh, come on! I would spend a night with that guy,” the 3rd girl said as they walked without care.

The girls laughed and continued to talk. They were too absorbed in their conversation that they didn’t notice a group of men following them from behind.

As the girls walked forward, a dark shadow appeared in front of them. It was the hot guy they were talking about in the club. The girls shrieked then stopped when they recognized the handsome face.

“It’s you,” the pretty drunk girl said. “What are you doing here?”

He smirked.

“Can’t handle a rejection?” one of the girls said in annoyance.

“No…I just don’t like to waste food,” the handsome man answered.

The girls’ eyes went big when they saw the man had fangs. They screamed but was muffled by the men behind them. They tried to fight them but it did nothing to the men holding them back.

“Pretty assuming to think that I care about being rejected,” the handsome vampire said, baring his fangs to the one who rejected him. “The moment I approached you, you have already signed the death warrants of your friends and yourself.”

“P-pplease…don’t…hurt…me…don’t…hurt…my…friends…”

“Aw…It’s not going to hurt. I’ll make it fast. Or should I say we will make it fast,” the vampire answered.

He was about to attack one of the girls when all of sudden a black shadow jumped in front of him and pushed him back at least 20 feet away from the girls. The vampire knew it wasn’t human. No human can have that kind of strength against a vampire. He immediately stood up and faced the meddler.

“I don’t care if you’re a rogue vampire, you don’t mess in this area. This is my territory!” The vampire warned angrily.

“Territory…really? I don’t see your name anywhere,” Sandara said in a sultry, sweet voice.

“You don’t get to use that allure on me. It’s not going to work!”

“Who’s using?” Sandara mocked. She removed her hoodie. “I’m not going to waste alluring you when all I really want to do is kill you.”

Sandara then took out a huge blade on he back and ran with a speed of lightning towards the vampire. The vampire successfully dodged the blade and jumped a few feet away from Sandara. She jumped after him and swung the blade almost cutting his shoulder.

“Kill the humans!” the vampire ordered to his man.

The girls screamed as the vampires holding them back bared their fangs. They were about to bite the girls when a few dark shadows appeared out of nowhere and started fighting the other vampires. One of them freed one of the girls from a vampire and swung his knife faster, cutting the arm of the vampire. The injured vampire ran away. Sandara saw it and screamed back at her allies.

“Don’t let him escape!”

The guy who cut the arm heard her and he ran after the injured one. He caught him just he was about to reach the end of the alley. He threw his knife and it hit the neck of the vampire. He took out his long blade and severed the head of the vampire.

Meanwhile, Sandara and the leader of the vampires were fighting in the railings of one of the back buildings in the alleyway. The vampire leader was fast but Sandara was faster. She finally hit the chest of the vampire. She pushed her blade through the vampire’s heart as he screamed. And she kicked his feet before she pulled the blade and swung it to the vampire’s neck. The vampire turned to lit ashes just the same time the other vampires were killed by her allies.

The girls were slumped together in the corner of the building scared and shocked. Sandara stood in front of them and reached out her hand. One of the girls took it and she helped her stand. The rest followed suit.

“One, you handle them,” Sandara ordered to a handsome young man who nodded. “Make sure they don’t remember anything and they’ll be safe home.”

“Got it.”

Sandara put her blade back on its sheath. The guy who severed the head of the other vampire walked beside her.

“Mine died first. You’re getting slow,” Seo-Joon jokingly said.

Sandara smirked as they walked back to the van parked just outside the alleyway.

“Oh, is he the leader?” Sandara retorted, smiling. “The way I see it, SJ, you’re the one getting slow. He isn’t the leader but he was able to ran away from you.”

“Nah, I still killed him,” Seo-Joon said, smiling.

When they reached the van, Sandara sat inside and put her hoodie back. The rest of her team followed inside and the van sped off. Sandara rest her head on the headrest and looked out the window.

Another night, another kill.

A few more vampires less.

It had been like this for years. They patrolled every single night, killing vampires as much as they can, in hopes that maybe someday they can end the vampire ruling the world of humans. It wasn’t an easy task though. They were strong but they were also exhausted. She missed being normal. It felt so long ago when she had a night to herself.

Sandara closed her eyes and her mind took her back to how everything started….

FLASHBACK

Am I dead?

I think…I died already…But Bom…

Sandara heard muffled voices. Her eyes were closed but she could hear people talking around her. Sandara tried her best to open her eyes. It was blurry. She could see the chandelier but didn’t recognize it. She knew she wasn’t in her house. It smelled different. Everything felt different.

When her eyes started to focus, she saw a man looking down on her. A man she once saw a long time ago at her father’s study.

Cheon Ho-Jin…my father’s right hand man…but…how?

“U-uncle Ho-Jin?”

The man smiled.

“Yes, Sandara. Welcome back. How are you feeling?” Ho-Jin said as he helped Sandara to sit upright.

“I…I, what happen? How?” Sandara asked in confusion. She rubbed her head to ease the splitting headache.

“Take it easy,” Ho-Jin ordered. “All will be answered once you feel okay. You’ve been healing for quite a long time.”

“How long?”

“About 3 decades.”

Sandara’s eyes went big.

“What?! What do you mean?” Sandara asked. She looked around the room. “Where am I? What happened? And how come you’re still alive?”

Ho-Jin smiled as he walked towards the nearby table and poured something on the cup. Dara smelled it. She wasn’t exactly sure what it was but it smelled delicious. She realized she was hungry. When Ho-Jin gave her the cup, she was shocked to see that it was bloody red. It looked a lot like blood. She looked at him.

“What is this?”

“Sandara, drink. I know what you’re thinking. You want to know if this is blood. It is…I’m not going to lie. But you need it. I can tell you find the smell delightful. I know you have a lot of questions. I will answer them as best as I can but now you should drink. You need it,” Ho-Jin told her softly.

Sandara was unsure of whether to drink it or not. But God, the smell was very delectable. She was hungry. She swallowed hard and took a sip. It surprised her that it didn’t make her repulse it. In fact, she craved for it. She drank as fast as she could after that, and before she knew it, she had emptied the cup.

Ho-Jin smiled at her and took the cup from her and placed it on the bedside table. He gave her a napkin and she wiped her lips with it.

“Now, let us answer your question one by one. I know you’re wondering what happened that night. But let me ask you this, what do you remember exactly?” Ho-Jin asked her.

“I…I remember my family dead…and the I went upstairs because Bom needed my help. I…she was injured already. I…someone threw me across the room. Everything went blurry and all I saw was Bom and someone in the room. I passed out after that,” Sandara said, trying her best to recall that tragic night.

“We heard what happened to your family. Your father called us before they caught him. We got there and we found you. You were badly injured,” Ho-Jin explained.

“Badly injured? What do you mean?”

“Someone bit you. You were bleeding a lot. I think we just arrived on time. The vampire who bit you probably left in haste because of us. He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter