six

Here We Meet Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Press Conference for Irene Bae's controversy to be postponed till further notice!

Actress Irene Bae does not turn up at press conference.

Company claims every responsibility for the actress as she was not feeling well before the conference. Irene had a bit of a fever the night before and was planning to head to the hospital after the conference. Her lawyers who were present with her, made sure to to the actress into the auditorium's waiting room. Irene could not seem to walk on her own, as it's made even more obvious in the pictures below. 

  

Her lawyer, believed to be Miss Son who was holding onto her, had reportedly pushed some reporters away and made sure to shield the actress from all the attention. Although the lawyer had maintained everything was done in a professional stance and because the reporters were overstepping boundaries, some netizens think she was overreacting. However, all rumours and reports must be halted until Irene recovers.

 

“How dare she hold Irene like that…”

Jennie furiously crushes the letter that she was originally planning to mail out and tosses it at her laptop. She had only gone onto the internet to check on the recent news, only to be welcomed with such distasteful news. Who would have thought such tragic news would make its rounds so quickly? She had gone over to Irene’s apartment to check on the older woman after hearing about the conflict back at the company, but got chased away without hesitation. It’s like their friendship meant nothing in that moment, which is terribly hurtful. Yes, it was a heartless and way of becoming ‘friends’ but it doesn’t change the fact that they’ve relied on each other. It almost feels like she’s being thrown away because someone just had to come back and steal Irene away again. The past shouldn’t mean so much anyway! It just doesn’t make sense for someone like herself to be replaced so easily; no one has done that before.

Leaping up from the couch, Jennie tosses her phone to the side, ignoring the loud sound that probably came from the cracked screen. The pain in her heart is much larger than a pathetic device. Coming back from the hospital had already took most of her energy out of her, yet there was nothing else Jennie thought about but Irene herself. 

The ungrateful behaviour that she received.... 

Unacceptable. 

Her eyes darkened considerably, fingers tightening into a fist. The longer she stares at the picture of Irene on her desk, the harder it gets to breathe properly. It used to be a part of her daily routine, walking past the photo and expressing her thoughts freely. It’s an absolute mystery as to how peaceful she feels whenever it’s just her and Irene alone. It might seem weird to some, a tiny bit obsessive to others but to Jennie: it’s just right. “We spent more than five years together, depending on each other without anyone interrupting… How could you throw me away for some from your past?” Jennie glares even harder at the frame, hands reaching straight for it.

Without hesitation, the photo frame is thrown to the ground.

Frankly, Jennie probably wouldn’t have stopped at trashing the photo frame; she was this close to shoving her table to the ground. If it wasn’t for the doorbell that rang, it could have turned out worse. Taking several moments to calm her heartbeat and breathing, Jennie prepares herself for whatever could be the issue. At this time of the day, there shouldn’t be any visitors. Honestly, her only friend is Irene but it can’t be the latter anyway.

“Who is it?”

Jennie opens the door when she doesn’t get a response, and it about to shut it again but the letter on the floor catches her attention right away. Her name is written in bold, and it doesn’t look like a friendly letter at all. She is not one to be fearful of anonymous items though. 

 

leave irene bae alone

i know what you've been doing

 

To say that she turned pale was an understatement, because she literally felt her blood begin to rush through her veins. Everything that Jennie worked hard for was not mentioned to anyone, and she wasn’t close friends with anybody either. There’s no possible way people could find out everything that she had done, right? It just couldn’t happen. Everything will be ruined, her future plans and her life in general... everything will be gone. If Irene herself ever finds out her true colours and everything she’s been doing behind her back, Jennie doesn’t need to watch it happen to know the consequences. Her manipulating and lies have been working perfectly to her advantage. Irene disregards her actions as a quirk that people could have at times; how the latter could become an actress despite being so naive is a huge question mark. 

Crushing the paper in her fists, Jennie swears she will find out sent this threat and make sure they do not speak of anything. “If you think this sorry excuse of a threat is going to do anything, you’re severely wrong.” Although her expression might look as if she's afraid, Jennie assures everyone - she's not.

 

//

 

Irene’s eyelids flicker incessantly as she tries to adjust her vision to the unusually bright light in the room. The last thing she actually remembers is being in the van, en route to the press conference venue. Everything else that happened afterward is still a huge blur, and her body is not cooperating with her at all. It’s actually funny how Irene seems to be fine, but her brain knows that she isn’t – well, not physically at least. Her mind is running continuously in circles and she can’t even rest properly; too many thought are driving her a little bit off the track. 

“You’re awake… how are you feeling?”

Squinting a little to see who the source of the voice was, Irene almost feels faint when she sees Wendy sitting at the other end of the sofa. She did not expect to be in the same room as the lawyer after so many years. Their last encounter without the middleman, Rosé, had been absolutely disastrous. 

The closer Wendy is to her bed, the clearer Irene can see how the younger woman feels. After so many years, the one thing that Wendy will never be able to hide when it’s just the both of them is her expressive eyes. It makes her wonder if Wendy had meant anything that was said between them – this doesn’t look like hate or a regretful memory that is always implied. She should have known that Wendy’s words don’t necessarily mean her exact feelings, and that’s fine. No one is obliged to remain the same person as they were so many years ago. Honestly, Irene doesn't want to make anything difficult for Wendy anymore; all those years where they lived as separate individuals have made them experience much more different things. For Irene, she had gained years of experience in the industry and lost multiple friends, but her heart is a lot stronger than before. Until the day Wendy can find it in her heart to forgive her, Irene will not push the boundaries.

“My mind can’t stop working… I feel like I actually know what in the world was happening when I was unconscious. But I can’t seem to remember what happened before I passed out?”

“That’s because anxiety is correlated to memory loss, both long-term and short-term can affect your memory,” Wendy explains slowly, taking a seat nearer the bed this time. “Anxiety and stress together drain the body of its resources, which is when it starts to affect your memory. I’ll get deeper i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter