Contradiction

Contradiction

 

 

I am Shoto Todoroki, a 16-year old student of UA. What people don’t know about me is that I’m a lowkey hopeless romantic. They only see me as this cold and distant top student, but little do they know that I want to be loved and cherished. To be honest, I like someone in class but I can’t tell because of shyness. He’s like a ball of sunshine, making my world brighter. I bet Bakugo despises him out of jealousy -- which I kinda feel when I see him with other girls, especially Uraraka.  Maybe she likes him too, but she’s good at hiding compared to me. I can’t help but be affected every time Bakugo bothers him.

Some students envy me for being able to be alone for a long time. But I am green with envy whenever I see them with friends hanging out.I wish I could hang out with Midoriya like they do. I know love is impossible, but friendship is possible and a good start.

 

Today is a good day to do the laundry and maybe try to befriend Midoriya. The sun shines warmly on my uniform, so is his smile whenever I see him.

Bakugo is relentlessly harassing Midoriya again but this time, for being on the top five of the class for this semester. Of course, I came to the rescue.

“What are you doing, Bakugo?” I asked him.

Bakugo snarked at me and replied, “None of your business, get out of my sight!”

“I will,” I stated as I approached Bakugo, “if you leave Midoriya alone.”

Bakugo neared his face to mine. “What if I don’t?”

“Then I’ll have to use force, then.”

“ENOUGH!” announced the class president Iida. “No violence allowed in this classroom. Please make up and get along for everyone’s sake.”

We just snubbed at each other and then I left the classroom to cool down.

For the first time, Midoriya approached me. I can feel myself hyperventilating.

“Yes, Midoriya?”

“Thank you for defending me. Wanna join me and my friends for lunch later?”

How could I decline this perfect moment?

“Yes, see you later then,” I said then went to the boys’ restroom.

What a dumb response. I could’ve been more grateful than a simple “yes.” Did I just screw my chance?

 

Later, during lunch, I’m seated in front of him and beside our class president. I feel my jealousy seething as I see Uraraka sitting next to him, but I have no choice. I try my best to take my eyes off him but it’s hard.

“Todoroki-kun, do you eat bell pepper?” he asked me, pointing at the veggies I dislike, in a corner of my plate. 

I shook my head and his eyes brighten.

“So, can I have them instead?” he asked as he took them from my plate. His face while eating my bell peppers is priceless.

I cleared my throat and confirmed, “So, it means I can be your lunch buddy from now on?”

“Of course!” the three chorused. Despite only having eyes for Midoriya, it’s still nice to have lunch buddies at least.

I realized that I don’t wanna be alone anymore. I may not do a move for now, but I will always have my eyes on Midoriya.