The Start....

When Mr. China meets Ms. Korea

Jung-hwa stared at the high-rised building for the rich across the street, sighing as designer-clad human after designer-clad human exits it's golden door. She couldn't wait for the day when she would be the one who would walk out that golden doors wearing the greatest clothes money could buy. Jung-hwa's eyes glazed over as she daydreamed of that faithful day that she would be the richest person in all of Korea

~`~

While Jung-hwa was busy staring at nothing while thinking about her dream life, Henry sighed irritably as he waited for the woman on the phone to answer him. How in the world can an airline he trusted lose his luggage? He has been flying with that airline since he was a baby and they decided to betray them today, of all dars?! Great, where is he going to get a suit now?

"Sir, your luggage has been found?"

Henry sighed in relief.

"Great! Where is it?"

There was silence on the phone for a few seconds which worried Henry to no end.

"Sir, we found your luggage, but sadly it is already half way to Africa. I'm sorry sir..."

"HALF WAY TO AFRICA?! A HALF WAY TO AFRICA?! HOW CAN MY LUGGAGE BE HALF WAY TO AFRICA BY NOW? No... That's not the question. The question is: HOW'D MY LUGGAGE GET INTO A PLANE TO AFRICA?!" Henry couldn't help but scream into the reciever. Damn airlines, damn lost luggage.

"I don't know too, sir. I'll just call you again when I find out the reason why."

And soon after that, the woman hung up on Henry. Probably afraid that we would shout at her again. Sighing, Henry looked around the hotel room. Great. Just great! He was going to have the contract that would make his life but he lost his luggage. Just great.

Deciding to take it easy, Henry grabbed his wallet, phone and key card. He'll just go and try out that kitchy looking cafe he saw when he arrived her at the hotel. Looking right to left, Henry crossed the pedestrain to the wierd cafe that somehow sold coffee and smoothies at the same time.

The interior was nice, it complemented the outside of the store. The statement color was pink and purple, probably trying to appeal to the youth and the girls of Korea. Looking for an empty seat, he took the seat near the window around a cluster of unused tables.

~`~

Jung-hwa was still daydreaming about her dream life when Henry walked in and sat on one of her assigned seats. Unluckily, her grumpy boss spotted the costumer before Jung-hwa did; which resulted to him throwing a dish rag at Jung-hwa. The absorbent cloth hit Jung-hwa, pwack, at the middle of her forehead. Jung-hwa stared disgustingly at the dish rag not wanting to know what it was used for.

Mumbling incoherent swear words, Jung-hwa grabbed a piece of paper, pen and one of the menus and headed her way to the costumer. Jung-hwa tried her best not to mess up this time. Her first costumer ended up dunking the content of her sickly, sweet shake all over her because she accidentally hit her friends shake which automatically drenched the other customer with Mango Mania. And her second costumer ended up having to wait 30 minutes for her reciept because Jung-hwa forgot to print one.

Smiling her best smile, Jung-hwa introduced herself to the rich business man as Jungie and she said she would be his server for today. Jung-hwa was about to give him the menu when the man said.

"I just want an Americano, nothing else. Thank you,"

Jung-hwa's smile slightly faltered. Why did the man had to be so cold? He didn't even look at her while she introduced herself. What was she? A wall... I don't think so. Hufffing, Jung-hwa her heel and walked towards the barista.

The barista was too busy making the orders to notice Jung-hwa who was waiting to get his attention. She just stood there and watched him ground coffee beans and such.

"What are you doing, Jung-hwa? Can't you see I'm busy. Go do it yourself, I know you know how to." the barista rudely said.

Jung-hwa hung her head low. She in making coffee, promise. It took a long time but finally, Jung-hwa had a piping hot cup of coffee in her hands. She smiled at her success and headed towards the man. The floor was slightly wet because Jungroo, the janitor, had just recently mopped the floor so there was still wet spots splattered unequally around the room making it very dangerous for her to walk. Trying her best to serve the coffee without a hitch, Jung-hwa picked her way towards the seat of the businessman.

While walking, Jung-hwa noticed the notebook on top of the children. The name written on the binder was Henry... Oh, his name was Henry. How foreign. Then, Jung-hwa started to daydream about marrying a foreigner and have blond hair children. Jung-hwa was so preoccupied with her daydreaming, she didn't notice the chair not properly stowed. Her foot caught on the metal leg of the chair and so she fell forward. The cup of coffee went air-borne as Jung-hwa's right knee made-out with the floor.

Pushing the pain of her knee's make-out session with the floor, Jung-hwa watched in horror as the cup of coffee, doing a triple mid-air turn, poured all of it's content on Henry's lap.

"What the hell?!" Henry boomed, sitting up as the hot coffee stained himself all over his lap and crotch area.

"Oh My God!" Jung-hwa sighed, pushing herself off the floor and lunging towards the metal tissue holder. Unthinkingly, Jung-hwa started to dab at the coffee stained located NEAR Henry's crotch.

Thinking that Jung-hwa was a woman-ert, Henry said while pushing her away.

"What the hell are you doing, woman?! Get away from you, you evil ert!"

Jung-hwa tittered back, a slight pain on her knee made her fall back and land, -first, unto some unsuspecting costumer's mushroom soup.

"YAH! GET YOU OUTTA MY SOUP!" the woman screamed, pushing Jung-hwa off her ruined soup.

"Gah!" Jung-hwa said, lurching forward. Jung-hwa landed on a male server named Jungri who had a tray full of colorful smoothies. Jung-hwa, Jungri, Henry, customers, customer with soup, workers and the manager watched in horror as the colorful smoothies flew off the tray and land on top an innocent costumer who just walked it.

"What is this?!" the costumer asked, running towards the bathroom. Locking it in the process...

Henry stared angrily at the idiotic, y and crazy woman who started all this problems. He looked for the name tag of the woman to officially call her out but sadly, Jung-hwa forgot to wear her nametag. But the manager did something about that...

"JUNG-HWA! GET YOUR SORRY IN MY OFFICE, RIGHT NOW!" the manager screamed, turning pink and red all over. Jung-hwa looked down as she made her way to the death chamber a.k.a manager's office.

Henry didn't know why but while watching Jung-hwa's back walk towards the office, he felt a twinge of worry for the poor woman. Like the feeling you get when you wanted to protect someone or something even though you don't know them....? But, Henry pushed aside those crazy thoughts focusing on the mess she did. It was his only suit and she messed it up... Great!
 

~`~

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING, JUNG-HWA?! WHY CAN'T YOU, FOR ONCE, DO SOMETHING RIGHT?!" the manager screamed, drips of saliva spewing out his mouth. Jung-hwa looked down and she couldn't answer. He was right, anyway. She knew she couldn't do anything right. She knew that everything she touched either gets broken or blows up or both. 

Ahhhh, how unfair life is...

The manager didn't take into notice Jung-hwa's dejected face as he went into talking about all the rules she had broken, all the broken glasses, all the complaints she got from both customer and fellow worker and so on and so fort. He even talked about the numerous times she was late and the numerous times she would go to sleep or daydream in work. Then he said she was lucky that he still payed her for her lousy service. Jung-hwa tuned everything out. She was hurt enough, she didn't need to be hurt more by this stupid douchebag that thinks just because he is a manager he could get mad like that. She was hurt physically (the fall and her knee) and mentally (her mom's death yesterday). But most of all, she was tired. She was tired of trying to make her life perfect. She decided right then and there that she would let fate take the freaking wheel.

~`~

Henry watched smugly from outside as Jung-hwa exited the manager's office wearing a grim expression. He heard all the things the manager said. Actually, everyone in the whole shop heard what her manager said. He was screaming that loud. Henry watched as Jung-hwa took off her apron and cap and as she put it on top of a table in a corner. Jung-hwa soon left the establishment. Serves you right, idiotic, klutzy and y server.Henry turn and left the establishment. He wasn't feeling the hotel yet so he decided to go and explore Seoul a little. Taking a left, he started on his little journey.

~`~

Henry walked for quiet a long time , he passed a couple of schools, dozens of clothes shopes and about a thousand of snack shoppes. He finally smiled in contenment as a gate to the park appeared infront of him. It has been a long time since the last time he visited any park, in China and in Korea. He happily watched the different kinds of people walking around the park. Families, children, couples and singles alike. Seating by a bench under a tree, Henry watched....like a stalker.... {okay, JK on the stalker part XD}

~`~

Jung-hwa sighed in irritation.

*sigh* damn that man

*sigh* damn that stupid chair

*kick* darn that stupid old manager

*kick* damn life

*ki...* Jung-hwa watched as the stone she was kicking flew across the street and into a gutter.

*sigh* damn that rock; I was having fun

Jung-hwa picked her way through the silent neighborhood, the occasional parents and school bussed passing her by. Jumping over a short wall, Jung-hwa took her type of short cut towards the park. She wasn't in the mood for walking a long distance. She picked up her pace as she spotted the park gate in the distance.

She was already running as she entered the populated park, earning a few interested stares from by-passers. Being the klutz she is, Jung-hwa's sneakers made out with a rock which made her fall, face-first, towards the floor. Jung-hwa held out her arm infront of her to stop the fall. Luckily, her face was saved but the still throbbing right knee wasn't. It collided with the hard ground which sent shots of pain up Jung-hwa's leg. Add the pain of her bruised big toe, Jung-hwa felt like she wanted to cry.

Pushing herself up, Jung-hwa dismissed the couple of weird looks and snickers she got from people around her. Limping towards the nearest branch, Jung-hwa cursed herself. Staring at the swollen knee, Jung-hwa angrily wondered how she could treat this! She didn't have the resources of money to pay for a hospital or a clinic. Jung-hwa really couldn't believe her bad luck. First, she was fired because of some incident she really didn't mean to make happen and now, she had this big- swelling happening on her knee.

Growling at the offensive mark, Jung-hwa pulled her hair. Hard. A habit which she has yet to shake off.

"Yah! Crazy woman! Don't pull your hair off, you look stupid!"

Jung-hwa narrowed her eyes before looking at the man who dared say that to her when she was obviously not in the mood. Jung-hwa's eyes turned into a slit and so did the man's.

"YOU AGAIN!' Henry and Jung-hwa screamed at the same time, launching themselves out of their seats to meet face to face.

"Are you stalking me now?" Henry said

"Stalking you? Who do you think you are?! Lee Minho ?! Don't be so arrogant!" Jung-hwa rolled her eyes

"Who's being arrogant?! And how dare you call me arrogant!" Henry huffed.

"Wait... Did you just say 'how dare you'? How cheesy can you get! I thought people only said that in movies!" Jung-hwa retorted.

"Guh! Just go and disappear! Stop annoying me!" Henry said

Jung-hwa was at lost for words. Who did this crazy man thing he is?! She was Korean and he was not, which means he has no right at all to order her around in her homeland! But, Jung-hwa was not in the mood to look for a fight. Especially with a rich businessman who can probably buy her without a flinch. Turning around, Jung-hwa walked away

But something felt wrong.....

Something like she was.....

"You're limping, babo," Henry called from behind. Jung-hwa turned around sharply.

"Excuse me?" Jung-hwa said, planting her hands on either side of her hips.

"You're limping, obviously. Can't you see that your right knee is swelling?" Henry pointed at Jung-hwa's swelling knee.

Jung-hwa looked down at her right knee and didn't say anything. She knew her right knee was swelling.

"I'll just fix it up at home, no biggie!" Jung-hwa said, looking away.

"It's either your stupid or a big masochist." Henry retorted.

Jung-hwa whipped around, hurting her leg in the process, to answer back to the big-headed Chinese man. But, she was shell-shocked when Henry suddenly carried her bridal-style. Mouth still open, Jung-hwa could only watch Henry as they walked down the park, her in his arms.

"Close you mouth, Jung-hwa. You'll get a fly in your mouth" Henry smugly said.

Jung-hwa could only close with an audible SNAP!

~`~

Jung-hwa didn't really understand what was happening right now but all she could do was stare at her hand which was linked with Henry's. Henry was surprisingly nice to her, carrying her all the way to the taxi and paying for all that. This nice behavior made Jung-hwa slightly uncomfortable.

Did he know that Jung-hwa could never pay him back?

After the doctor let her go, Jung-hwa tried hard to limp her way out, trying her best to keep the distance from Henry. She was to embarassed to look at him. Outside the hospital, Jung-hwa turned around and bowed to Henry. She muttered a low "thank you". Jung-hwa turned away and started to limp her away.

"Jung-hwa!" Henry called out.

Jung-hwa was scared; what if he was calling for the payment already?! She can't pay him now, she was near broke. Actually, she IS broke.

"Jung-hwa!" Henry called out once more. Then suddenly, Henry grabbed unto Jung-hwa's hand and turned her around. Henry hugged Jung-hwa. She was shocked at Henry's sudden skinship towards her and she was uncomfortable at first but then slowly Jung-hwa lifted her arms and wrapped it around Henry's body, snuggling closer.

"Thank you..." Henry whispered into Jung-hwa's ear.

"For what?" Jung-hwa said, not letting go.

"For teaching me how to love," Henry whispered before letting go.