Chapter 1

A Cover's Only A Cover

Call me, call me

everyday everynight

Hug me, hug me

everywhere everytime

Love me, love me

everyday everynight

But I'm lonely, so lonely

guchahae maeil nan

 

Yul finished the song with a kiss that he directed towards his fans. Then gave a smile that scrunched up his face. A kiss plus a smile equals a studio full of girls dying of heart attacks. After the performance, he bowed to his fans.

 

“Have you guys eaten?” He asked genuinely worried.

 

Most of his fans nodded, but a few shook their heads. At that he squinted his eyes at the certain fans that didn’t eat.

 

“You guys need to take of yourselves too.” He scolded. “Next week, if you don’t eat before you come here, I won’t perform.” He proceeded to scold them. A lot of fans protested at that, wanting to see their favorite idol perform again.

 

He let out a smile at the protest, “Then make sure you eat~!”

 

He bowed, reminding them again to take care of theirselves, and also thanking them for coming. He waved and left the stage.

 

Eric Nam passed by Yul as he was next. Yul politely bowed to his senior, and close friend.

 

“Annyeonghasaeyo.” He politely said with a smile.

 

Eric smiled back and gave him a pat on the back. “Good work today, Yul~”

 

“De Hyung~” Yul said bowing once more before he left. “Have fun, Hyung~” He said giving him a thumbs up. He knew Eric was already going to do well, so a ‘Good luck’ wouldn’t be any use.

 

He really liked Eric, he was nice on screen but even nicer without the cameras. He was one of the male singers that Yul had come to really respect. Yul had learned that some male artists were actually full of crap when cameras weren’t around. For that reason, Yul only had a few male celebrity friends.

 

Though he found out some male celebrities were full of their selves, he also found out that a lot of the female artists were nice with or without cameras. So, in terms of girls, he had plenty around him. And with Yul’s charms, he had a few that were crushing on him. (Though he’s oblivious about it) Since, he had a lot of female friends, a lot has assumed him to be a player. In truth, he hasn’t even gone on a date. His first date was yet to happen.

 

Since he finished his turn on the stage, he decided to pay some friends a visit. He went to their waiting room.

 

Knocking politely, waiting for them to answer, he stood in front of Red Velvet’s waiting room.

 

“Oppa~!” Yeri squealed as she opened the door.

 

Yul grinned at Red Velvet’s maknae and gave her a side-arm-hug. “Can I come in?” He knew the answer but still felt the need to ask.

 

Yeri opened the door wider as a response. And Yul was greeted with an attack from the other four girls.

 

Yul laughed as he was bombarded by the SM girls.

 

It’s not what you’re thinking… They were just really close. The four older members of Red Velvet had no romantic interest in Yul, or any guy for that matter. Yeri has no romantic interest in anyone, she thought it wasn’t time for romance yet. And the other girls had each other, Yul being a gentleman respected that. That’s why Red Velvet loved him.

 

It’s actually been a while since they saw the solo singer, since he was on a short hiatus. Since today was his first comeback performance, they had expected him to stop by.

 

“Okay, okay~ get off now~” Yul said laughing.

 

They all sat down and were just catching up. The girls gushing about his comeback song, and his music video.

 

“Oppa, who was the girl in your music video?” Joy asked with a teasing smile.

 

The girls knew how shy the male idol was, especially around girls he didn’t know so the blush on his cheeks were only natural to see. It made the girls giggle.

 

Yul rubbed the back of his neck. “She’s a rookie actress from another company…”

 

“And…?” Irene continued the teasing.

 

Yul shrugged, but he still had a little bit of pink on his cheeks. “She was nice.”

 

Wendy pouted in disappointment. “That’s it?”

 

Yul laughed at that. “Does there need to be more?”

 

Irene squinted her eyes at Yul. “Tell us truthfully Yul…Are you gay?”

 

“Noona~” Yul whined. “I already told you, I like girls.” It was true Yul did like girls, so it wasn’t a lie.

 

Joy joined in the teasing again. “You have more female friends than male friends.”

 

“Because most of them are asses.” He said bluntly.

 

The girls had to agree.

 

“You haven’t revealed your ideal girl.” Yeri chimed in.

 

“I don’t have one, I don’t believe in that…my ideal girl is a girl who loves only me.” Yul reasoned.

 

The girls rolled their eyes at that. He did say that often, and surprisingly he was very sincere about it.

 

“You haven’t a move in any girl.” Wendy said in turn.

 

Yul sighed. “I just debuted last year…” He said he didn’t want a distraction, or so he says, the girls thought.

 

The girls conceded, taking his last response as a good enough answer.

 

“Okay we’ll let you off the hook for now…” Wendy said.

 

A knock came and revealed the artists’ managers. “Time for the ending.” Yul’s manager said.

 

Yul and the girls got up and made their way to where the stage was. Since it was only his first day of comeback, he knew he wasn’t going to get the award, so he stood next to Red Velvet and cheered whoever won the award.

 

When it was time to leave, he said goodbye to his friends and fans and left on a great mood.

 

 

On the way home, he stared out the window. Red Velvet were one of his closest friends, they knew most things about him, but they didn’t know everything. There was one thing, he couldn’t tell them. He was under contract with his company.

 

“Tell us truthfully Yul…Are you gay?”

 

He wanted to answer truthfully, but he didn’t have enough courage to. He knew the girls would understand as the girls were queer as well. But he also knew that there’s a probability that they would feel betrayed. He couldn’t lose them.

 

“Get some rest, I’ll pick you up tomorrow at the same time.” His manager said with a stern look, silently telling him to be on time tomorrow. “Also CEO Din Din is going to call you about a reality show he wants you to be on.”

 

Yul chuckled but nodded. “De~” He said grinning. He playfully rubbed his manager’s shoulders. “Take it easy, hyung-nim~”

 

 

Yul wondered what show his boss is thinking of as he got off and went straight to his apartment. He didn’t have a problem with fans trying to stop him, because his company made sure it was very private and none of his fans would spot him. Even though the area was secluded, he didn’t mind it. He was a bit introverted, so he liked the quietness.

 

Once he got inside his apartment, he took off his shoes and headed straight to the couch. His comeback barely started, but he was already starting the fatigue. He had kept himself in the practice rooms in the company while he was on hiatus.

 

He sighed, tired but not enough to go to sleep. He finally decided to get up and change.

 

“I need to breathe.” Yul said wincing in front of a mirror. He took off his shirt and stared at the white cloth tightly binding his chest.

 

He slowly unwrapped it and put on proper underclothes for his body.

 

“I forget I’m a woman sometimes.”

 

Yul was fully transformed. His short brown hair with blonde highlights turned into long blonde hair with bangs over her eyes. Her chest that was hidden in a bind was now out and noticeable.

 

Moon Yul was now Moon Byul-yi.

 

“At least I have my privacy.” Last year, after Yul had became a little well known, Byulyi had gone outside in her female form, feeling exhilarated that no one bothered her.

 

Sure there were people that took notice of her, because many found her incredibly gorgeous. Even if she didn’t know it herself.

 

She decide she would do this every time she wanted fresh air and no one asking for pictures or autographs.

 

Don’t get her wrong, she loved Yul’s fans, but she did have a strong feeling of guilt towards her fans, feeling like she’s betraying them. So she needed to breath whenever those feelings came through.

 

She exited her apartment building with a content smile on her face.

 

RBW Company:

 

“I called you in because a show is asking for to appear.” CEO Kim Jin Woo said smiling at his successful girl group.

 

“All of us?” The leader asked with a tilt of her head.

 

“Unfortunately no…they just need one person.” Their CEO said.

 

“What show is it, sir?” A dimpled girl asked.

 

He gave them a sly smile. “We Got Married.”

 

The girl with long black hair frowned. “Not it!”

 

Their CEO laughed at that. “Alright Hwasa, that’s fine.” He turned to the other two. “Solar? Wheein? Which of you two will do it?”

 

Wheein looked at Solar pleadingly and made a discreet eye gesture towards Hwasa. “Unnie…”

 

The CEO inwardly laughed at the scene in front of him. He was not clueless about their situation, he cared deeply for the girls in front of him. He didn’t mind Wheein and Hwasa dating, they just needed to be discreet about it so their careers wouldn’t be harmed.

 

Solar sighed and nodded. “I’ll do it…” she said sullenly. She knew it was just a show but she was definitely only interested in women. She didn’t want to be pretending to like holding a guy’s hand or getting attention from a guy, but there would be jealousy and problems if one of the other two were to go on the show. Hwasa was the epitome of jealousy.

 

CEO Jin Woo clapped his hands once, “Alright, now that that’s settled, let’s talk about your next concert.”

 

Solar tried to listen to their boss, but was lost in thought. Worried about the show she’ll appear in, worried about who she might be partnered with. There were a lot of male idols, some were nice and courteous, but some were absolutely revolting, emitting arrogance.

 

She’ll just have to wait and hope her partner isn’t an idol with a big head.

 

Music Bank:

 

Yul smiled as he saw his fans from backstage. They were getting ready to cheer for him. He thought they were so cute.

 

He made his way to the stage once he was called. Grinning at his fans excitedly.

 

“Did you guys eat before coming?” He asked with squinted eyes.

 

“De~” His fans screamed back with joy.

 

Yul laughed, and shot a fist in the air. “Alright! Now that gives me energy!!”

 

The fans screamed in delight.

 

For this performance he gave a little more aegyo towards his fans, his way of thanking them for taking care of themselves. In which, the girls swooned even harder at his smiles, and fell more in love with him.

 

After thanking his fans and getting off the stage. He waited in his waiting room, nervous about the reality show that were supposed to start filming him.

 

A knock came at his door and a camera was directed towards him, the man behind the camera handing him an envelope with a familiar logo.

 

He bowed and smiled at the camera. “Annyeonghasaeyo, come in.”

 

He sat down on the couch and laughed shyly as he looked at the envelope. “I’m nervous, I was just informed yesterday about participating in this show.” He told the camera.

 

The cameraman asked him if he had any worries.

 

Yul nodded. “A lot, I hope I don’t disappoint my ‘wife’.” He said shyly, slightly blushing at a certain word.

 

Before he could open the envelope, another knock came at the door. He opened it to find the girls of Red Velvet grinning at him.

 

“Annyong~” They said in unison.

 

He grinned back at them, and held up the envelope. “Guess what I’m up to?”

 

The girls squealed excitedly and rushed into the waiting room. They took the envelope. “Whoa~!”

 

Yul bowed to Joy, “Sunbae, any tips?”

 

Joy glanced secretly at Wendy, and blushed. “Just be nice and polite.”

 

Yul nodded and softly chuckled, knowing Wendy’s jealousy from Joy’s time on the show.

 

The girls handed him back the envelope, “Open it Oppa~” Yeri said excitedly.

 

Yul bit his lip anxiously but nodded. He took out the letter inside.

 

Do you like beagles?

 

Your Wife is as hyper as one.

 

Go to the Han River tomorrow at 12:00 PM.

 

Dress Casual.

 

The girls squealed as they read the letter. Yul was excited of course but also he got more nervous at the thought of meeting his ‘wife’.

 

He had talked to his boss about it, and was surprised when he was told to be on We Got Married, wondering if his boss forgot his situation.

 

His boss had laughed and said that Yul would achieve more fans if he did the show and that he trusted Yul enough to be careful with his situation.

 

Yul gave a huge exhale and looked at the camera with a nervous smile.

 

“Why am I so nervous?”

 

Mamamoo’s Dorm:

 

The members of the group had just come back from a fan signing and were looking through their fan’s gifts.

 

Solar grinned her members as she held up a box of treats.

 

One particular fan always bought them sweets and Solar always makes sure to thank her in person.

 

Solar was slowly looking through it, trying to decide which one to eat.

 

“Unnie~ You’re taking too long~” Hwasa complained as she took the box from her unnie.

 

Before Solar could say anything, their doorbell saved Hwasa from any scolding that Solar was about to give.

 

Wheein had gotten up and opened the door, Hwasa and Solar patiently waiting to see who was at the door.

 

Wheein came back with a cameraman following behind her. “Unnie…”

 

The cameraman handed the letter to Solar.

 

She looked smiled nervously at her members. Who looked back at her with giddiness, enjoying it way too much.

 

“Unnie, hurry and open it~!” Wheein said excitedly.

 

Solar took out the letter.

 

Do you like hamsters?

 

Your Husband is as adorable as one.

 

Go to the Han River tomorrow at 12:00 PM.

 

Dress Casual.

 

Solar looked up at her members, “Which idols resembles a hamster?”

 

Hwasa laughed but shrugged. Wheein pulled out her phone and googled it. Solar and Hwasa on either side of her looking at her phone.

 

They scrolled through and got a few answers.

 

“Hoshi from Seventeen is too young for you.” Hwasa commented. Solar playfully pinched her side for the comment.

 

“Maybe Xiumin from Exo?” Wheein said. “Do you like older or younger guys?” She added.

 

Solar blushed, “Age doesn’t matter much, as long as they’re not like 5 years younger than me.”

 

Hwasa grinned and winked at the camera. “Unnie is a cougar.”

 

Solar blushed was about to playfully beat Hwasa up but was pulled away by a laughing Wheein.

 

The cameraman asked Solar how she was feeling.

 

“Nervous…I haven’t dated in a long time, just the thought of it makes me nervous. Is he nervous too?” Solar asked.

 

The cameraman nodded, saying he stopped by earlier to film her husband.

 

“What’s his name?” Solar asked with a playful smile.

 

“You’ll find out tomorrow.” The cameraman said not getting tricked by Solar.

 

“Eh~ come on, just the surname?”

 

The cameraman shook his head and made his way to leave before the girl could get anymore out of him.

 

The Next Day:

 

“Is this too formal?” He asked looking at the camera. He was wearing a white short sleeved dress shirt, accompanied with a striped tie, and slacks. Yul's Outfit

 

From his experience the year before, producers prefer it when celebrities talk to themselves on reality shows. But also he was extremely nervous about the meeting so he desperately needed someone to talk to.

 

This time it was a woman filming him. The camerawoman didn’t say anything, but Yul answered it himself as he saw himself in the mirror. “It’s too business-like, I’m going to change.”

 

They were currently at his apartment and he was changing into different outfits to calm himself.

 

The camerawoman laughed, finding the young man adorable.

 

Yul came out and looked himself in the full body mirror. He had changed into black ripped skinny jeans and a white T-shirt, with a black bomber jacket.

Yul's Final Outfit

“Better?” He looked at the camera.

 

The woman behind the camera, felt sympathy towards the nervous young man, so she gave him a thumbs up.

 

Yul gratefully smiled at the camera and the woman swooned inwardly at his smile. “What’s your name again, Noona?”

 

“Kang Minji” The camerawoman pronounced her name slowly. Yul smiled. “Thank you, Minji-noona.”

 

Yul looked at his watch. “I have two hours until twelve…Girls don’t like it when the guy is late right?” Asking the camera again.

 

The woman nodded but thought that it was still too early to head out. The river was close by Yul’s apartment complex, so they didn’t need to hurry, but the woman knew the young man was too nervous to realize.

 

“There’s a café near the river…I can go there and wait.” He said firmly, not wanting to give a bad impression to his ‘wife.’

 

The camerawoman agreed and they headed out, with Yul driving. Yul the radio and immediately turned up the volume a bit when he realized what song it was.

 

Minji smirked behind the camera. “Do you like Mamamoo?”

 

Yul smiled shyly, “I’m actually a big fan.”

 

“What if your wife finds out?”

 

Even though he knew this would probably be shown on the show. Yul made a ‘shh’ gesture. “Our secret, noona.”

 

Minji nodded, but smirked as she thought of another question for Yul. “Which member is your favorite?”

 

Yul didn’t look at the camera and kept his eyes on the road as he felt his cheeks heat up. “That’s a secret too.”

 

The camerawoman gave him some slack and let him keep that secret for now, knowing that once his ‘wife’ sees this scene she’ll ask him herself. Maybe the ‘wife’ might even ask him today.

 

Yul parked near the Han River, and across there was a small cafe called Cho-Bom Cafe.

 

They entered and Yul was immediately greeted with a warm welcome. He was friends with the owners, Yoon Bomi and Park Chorong. **They’ll be a few years older than him and Solar in this fanfic.**

 

“Noonas~ Help meee~” Yul said pouting at the two older ladies at the counter. The ladies looked at each other wonder why the young man was pouting.

 

“Why, what’s wrong, Yul-ah?” Chorong asked worriedly. They knew his true identity, and was very attached to the young idol.

 

“I got married...” He said shyly, blushing like a tomato.

 

“Whaaat?!” Bomi screamed. “You haven’t even brought her to meet us?!”

 

Yul gave a nervous smile. “It’s too early for her to meet you…”

 

Chorong raised an eyebrow as she noticed the camera behind Yul. “Is your wife part of the show?”

 

Yul grinned and nodded. “You’re on We Got Married.”

 

Bomi bowed to the camera after finally noticing it too. She calmed down a little. She thought the idol had really gotten married at ‘his’ young age.

 

“Who is she?” Chorong asked excitedly.

 

Yul shook his head. “I don’t know yet. I’ll be meeting her two hours later.”

 

Bomi giggled and pinched his cheeks. “Chorong, our baby is nervous~”

 

Chorong just giggled at the two. Knowing Yul, when ‘he’ gets nervous he comes see them.

 

“Is that why you’re here?” Chorong asked.

 

Yul blushed and shook his head. “I’m actually meeting her at the river, but I did get nervous when I saw the river.”

 

They took Yul to a table and gave him a Green Tea Frappe.

 

Yul buries his face in his hands. He looked up at his friends. “W-What if she’s disappointed it’s me?!What if she likes more manly guys?! What if I’m not her type?! What if I make a fool of my self?! What if—”

 

Bomi covered the young man’s mouth. “Yul…Listen to me…calm down ok?”

 

Yul nodded slowly.

 

Chorong giggled at the scene, it’s been a while since they saw the quirky young idol. ‘He’ was always so adorable.

 

“You’ll be fine.” Bomi removed her hands. “You’re great, you’ll be polite, and kind. And she’ll appreciate that.”

 

Yul took a heavy breath and exhaled out all his anxieties. His noonas always made him feel calmer.

 

“Relax for a while and wait until she gets here.” Chorong said. She grabbed a random book from their entertainment shelf and shoved it towards Yul.

 

“How to be Greasy.” Yul read with a frown.

 

“Just read it.” Chorong said with a stern look.

 

Yul nodded and sullenly obediently opened the book, not interested but wanting to take his mind of the upcoming meeting.

 

An hour later, Yul was laughing as she tried out the tips from the book. He looked into the camera and tried to be greasy.

 

Minji blushed as Yul slid his finger down his neck in a very cringey way. It was greasy, but she couldn’t help but notice how pretty the young man was.

 

Yul grinned as he saw the red on Minji’s cheeks. “I guess it works?”

 

Minji shook her head.

 

Yul deflated and pouted slightly. “Just cringey?”

 

Minji nodded.

 

Yul scratched the back of his neck in embarrassment. It reminded him of the time, he looked at his watch and realized he had thirty minutes until the meeting. His heart sped up again anxiously.

 

He gave a nervous sigh and stood up. “Let’s go?”

 

Minji stood up and followed Yul. The young man saying his goodbyes to his friends, in turn his friends saying good luck and congratulations to him.

 

Mamamoo’s Van:

 

“I’m nervous…” Solar looked at her members who were cuddling in the back seat.

 

Wheein wriggled out of Hwasa’s hold. She but a hand on their leader’s shoulder. “It’ll be okay, it’s just pretend anyways.”

 

Solar gave a deep sigh. “I know but what if the guy is really unbearable?”

 

Hwasa sat up, even though she was cranky about Wheein getting up, she knew it was time to console their usually bright leader. “If that happens, let us know so we can visit you every episode.”

 

Solar laughed at that, she knew Hwasa was serious but she doubted the producers would let her members be a regular on the show to whatever intentions her ‘husband’ had. But Solar nodded, appreciating their attempt to comfort her.

 

They were coming from another event, and she had showered and changed into casual clothes. Although she had no interest in guys, she did not want to look like a sweaty mess on their first shooting as a couple. They were currently thirty minutes away from the Han River.

 

Her thoughts were a mess and unorganized as she thought of different scenarios. Also thinking of who her husband might be, made her even more nervous, wondering if her partner was as nervous as she.

 

Thirty minutes passed and Solar didn’t notice that the car had stopped moving.

 

Their manager gave a scoff as she noticed Solar looking out the window, zoning out.

 

“Solar?” Their manager said.

 

Mmmhh?” Solar snapped out of her thoughts and looked at their manager.

 

“We’re here, unnie.” Wheein whispered cautiously, knowing that their leader was already a mess.

 

“Oh!...Um can I cancel?” Solar looked at their manager.

 

Their manager rolled her eyes and shook her head. “Boss wants you to do this, sorry Solar.”

 

Solar sighed in defeat and nodded. She grabbed her purse and opened the door, slowly climbing out.

 

She didn’t have a camera with her because they told her they would start filming her when she arrived at the river. True to their word, a familiar cameraman was waiting for Solar. He lifted his camera once he noticed the idol.

 

“Sorry for the wait.” Solar bowed politely.

 

The cameraman waved her off, not really waiting long. Actually she was exactly on time.

 

Solar smiled at her cameraman. “What was your name oppa?”

 

The cameraman man grinned hearing the word oppa. “Kim Taehyun.”

 

“Nice to be working with you Taehyun-oppa.” Solar said politely. She never forgot to say her thanks to staff members, knowing how hard they work behind the scenes.

 

Taehyun blushed hearing his own name, but waved her off again. Thankful for the appreciation, but too shy to actually say anything.

 

Solar giggled at the shy cameraman. “Should we go?”

 

She was nervous, but now that she was here she knew she had no choice now.

 

She started walking toward the river. Taehyun had given her another letter of where to go, to the center of the park near the river, where there was a water fountain in the middle.

 

She let out a nervous breath as she looked at the camera. “What should I do? I’m so nervous!!”

 

She reached the water fountain and saw a figure standing at the opposite side, a camera filming the figure.

 

Solar stopped and observed the other person for a moment. The figure was slim and seemingly fashionable even with the casual clothes.

 

She took another breath and finally decided to walk towards the figure. The figure still had their back to her, but she could see the figure jumping up and down, also seeming as nervous as herself. She smiled a little, relieved she wasn’t the only one feeling nervous.

 

She stopped behind him and softly cleared .

 

The figure froze as he realized that someone arrived behind him.

 

Solar’s POV:

 

He slowly turned to me.

 

I smiled shyly as the figure revealed himself as a rookie I’ve seen once on television. I giggled softly as his jaw dropped seeing me, making me feel very flattered.

 

He bowed politely, and I returned the gestured politely.

 

I relaxed a bit noticing that he didn’t seem like the other male idols. He was actually very cute. I had seen him on Yoo Hee Yeol’s Sketchbook, I remembered thinking he looked like Xiumin. Xiumin had cute features on his face, but he still had manly features to counter the cute features. This idol though, up close he was just a pretty boy, having very girlish features. He was very pretty, like too pretty to be a guy.

 

“I’m Solar, from Mamamoo.” I introduced herself.

 

He nodded shyly as he scratched the back of his neck. “I’m actually a big fan…”

 

My eyes widened. “Really?” I held out my hand to shake his hand.

 

Nervously, he took my hand in his and gave it a gentle shake. His fingers were slender and his palm was soft. It was a short handshake but it made me feel weird, not in a bad way.

 

“Umm…I’m sorry, I don’t remember your name…” I said blushing, embarrassed to not know him.

 

“Oh! Of course! I’m just starting out… my name isn’t as well known yet…” He bowed again. “I’m Moon Yul, a solo singer.”

 

I bowed again in return. “Nice to meet you.”

 

There was an awkward pause, both of us not knowing how to proceed.

 

“Uh…I guess…we should…go?” He said shyly smiling at me.

 

I nodded and gave a small smile in response. “Where are we going?”

 

He held up his letter to me. It’s directions were for him to set up a picnic for me.

 

I smiled, “You made food?”

 

“It might not be good though…” He blushed, biting his lip.

 

I smiled a little. “It’s the effort that counts.”

 

He smiled gratefully, as gestured he for us to start walking. We were walking in silence, probably because we didn’t know what to say to each other. I had no idea how to start off a conversation with him, but I told my CEO that I would try so I guess a little effort wouldn’t hurt.

 

“How old are you?” I asked politely, although I was probably older, I wouldn’t feel comfortable talking informally to him yet.

 

He looked over to me with a small crooked smile. “I’m twenty-three….”

 

I raised an eyebrow at him, “You’re not gonna ask how old I am?”

 

He chuckled softly. “I thought it would seem rude, are you younger than me?”

 

I couldn’t help my high-pitched laughter coming out. “Do I look younger than you?”

 

He nodded, “Yes.”

 

I blushed. “I’m twenty-five…Do you have an age preference?”

 

He shrugged, “I don’t think age matters…”

 

“Good answer~” I said teasingly.

 

Another soft chuckle came from him, “Of course…”

 

He stopped in front of a big tree that had a blanket with a picnic basket on the corner of the blanket. “Here we are…”

 

I was wearing shorts so I felt a little awkward when I sat down. Then suddenly I felt warmth as a mini blanket covered my legs. I looked up at him with surprise, it made me think that he gave this meeting a lot of thought. “Thank you.”

 

He nodded, and he rubbed the back of his neck again. “I have sisters…”

 

That makes sense, he knows how to treat women properly. Though, a man was not in my preference, he was turning out to be really nice, I couldn’t help but like him.

 

He sat down in front of me and grabbed the basket. He started pulling out containers from the basket.

 

“Okay, so I have…” He pulled out the last one and lay it between us.

 

“Kimbap..fried rice...fried shrimp..sandwiches…” He blushed. “I didn’t cook this but incase you didn’t like what I made I bought spicy rice cakes as a backup.”

 

My eyes widened, “Spicy rice cakes are my favorite! But you brought a lot!”

 

He grinned, and this time I was charmed by his wide smile. His eyes squinted as his gums showed, his nose crinkled and dimples appeared on top of his cheeks. It was an adorable sight.

 

“Let’s eat?” He interrupted my thoughts as he handed me some metal chopsticks.

 

I nodded and carefully took a piece of kimbap from one of the containers. I could feel him observing me, which made me a little nervous. I bit the piece I took and was satisfied with the taste, there was bulgogi inside the kimbap. I gave him a thumbs up while covering my full mouth.

 

He smiled shyly and started to grab food also.

 

I cleared my mouth, but still covered just in case there were crumbs left on my teeth or tongue.

 

“Are you really a big fan of us?” I asked squinting my eyes at him.

 

He swallowed, and nodded fervently. “Really, I am!”

 

I gave him a skeptical look, “What’s our fanclub name?”

 

“I am a MooMoo.” He grinned, he had bits of seaweed from the kimbap on his teeth.

 

I laughed at that. He covered his mouth immediately. “Is there something on my teeth?”

 

I nodded, and he took another bite of the kimbap and smiled again. This time his two front teeth were covered in Kimbap. “Is it still there?”

 

My high-pitched laugh came out. After calming down, I saw him just smiling at me.

 

“Did you have any guesses to who I would be?” He asked as he put down his chopsticks, apparently looking full already.

 

I smiled, and nodded. “The letter I got said you were as cute as a hamster.”

 

It was his turn to blush as he heard about how the letter described him. “Who did you think it was?”

 

“Wheein looked up a few idols, and we came up with Jin, Xiumin, and Kihyun from MonstaX.” I said stuffing another piece of kimbap in my mouth.

 

He nodded, “Who did you want it to be?” He asked looking at me not expectantly, just patiently, like he knew it wasn’t going to be him. Maybe it’s because he’s a rookie, but he seems to assume that’s it’s not going to be him. It was refreshing to see, not to have a guy’s ego bigger than his head. And his head is quite small, so that says a lot.

 

I smiled but I shook my head. “I don’t have an ideal guy.”

 

He smiled as he nodded. It was weird, to actually be enjoying a conversation with a male idol.

 

I took this chance to ask, “Do you have an ideal or someone you wanted?”

 

He gave a crooked smile and shook his head slightly. “I don’t have an ideal person.”

 

My eyebrows raised in surprise. That was the first time I heard it from a guy. “You don’t?”

 

Maybe he was just saying that to not hurt my feelings.

 

He shook his head again, his crooked smile growing slightly. “I know it’s unbelievable, but it’s true.”

 

“Eh~ You’re lying~” I teased.

 

He chuckled a little continuing to shake his head. “No seriously, I don’t.”

 

He paused and took a breath. “It’s just…I don’t think it’s right to set an ideal person for yourself. Because you won’t know when the right person comes because you’re…” He gestures to his head. “…too caught up in ideals….I’d rather be open- minded to who I’ll fall in love with.”

 

I stared in wonder, surprised at his train of thought. He’s definitely different.

.

.

.

.

.

Mamamoo’s Dorm:

 

“It’s weird that you’re not whining right now.” Wheein said looking suspiciously at me.

 

“Me too, I thought you’d be begging to be off the show by now.” Hwasa added.

 

“So did I.” Solar said as she lazily changed the channels.

 

“So what happened?” Wheein said as she stared at their leader expectantly.

 

“He’s…different.” Solar said slowly.

 

“How?” Wheein asked.

 

“Are you straight now?” Hwasa asked.

 

Solar rolled her eyes, and put down the remote to face them. “No I’m still as gay as a unicorn.”

 

Wheein rolled her eyes at that. “Then?”

 

“I don’t know, he was actually nice and pretty cool for a guy. He didn’t try anything, he didn’t assume things and he wasn’t ist…he was just…different.” Solar said not knowing how to describe him.

 

After the picnic, Yul had rented bikes that they rode next to the river. They parted ways when Yul left to go to a festival. Solar thought it was actually fun.

 

“Yah!” A familiar voice came from the television.

 

They all turned to see, Yul on a preview for the next episode of Knowing Brothers.

 

Yul was pretending to be all tough, but changed when Kang Ho Dong asked him who he was in a monotone voice.

 

Yul turned polite. “Annyeonghasaeyo.” He bowed. “I’m Moon Yul.” That caused the Knowing brothers to burst out laughing.

 

It changed to a scene where Yul was dancing very seriously, and then comically. Solar didn’t notice but a smile crept into her face as she looked at Yul.

 

It didn’t go unnoticed by the other two members of Mamamoo, exchanged looks silently communicating. They both smirked. “Unnie~ it’s ok if you start to like him.”

 

“Mmh?” Solar said not hearing what Wheein said. She looked at Wheein after the preview with Yul had ended.

 

Wheein’s smirk grew wider. “I said you should let us meet him~”

 

Hwasa joined in, “He’s very pretty for a guy…almost like a girl.”

 

Solar blushed, she actually liked that about him. He was more delicate looking than other male celebrities, and he was a bit feminine too. She knows she won’t be able to like him romantically, but maybe they can become close friends.

 

Solar shook her head at them, but had a small smile on her face. “I don’t know…” The smile fell as she thought of something. “Maybe he was pretending in front of the cameras, we were never alone so I don’t know how he’s truly like…”

 

Hwasa shrugged. “Or maybe he’s an actual nice guy…don’t be so negative, unnie.”

 

Wheein nodded in agreement. “That’s true, just wait and see unnie.”

 

Solar just sighed, not wanting to say anymore about her Tv husband. She continued lazily flipping through the channels. All three girls laid back and enjoyed their day off together.