2: New Life

A.C.E. : The Lost Children
Please log in to read the full chapter
2: New Life "From now on, you should erase everything in the past and start with a new identity."  

Villainess walked into a full-white room and found Na Ra who was sitting stiffly on a chair while staring blankly at the white wall in front of her. She approached Na Ra and sat down opposite to her.

“You are now adopted by this facility. We’re actually a part of South Korea’s private intelligence agency. And to give you a new start, we have to fake your death. From now on, you should erase everything in the past and start with a new identity.”

“Why would you only fake my death? Why don’t you just make it real? Just kill me.” Na Ra said firmly with cold eyes.

Villainess didn’t even flinch at how a kid at that age can talk like that. Instead, she leaned on her back and just smile. “How about we make a deal? You train with me as an agent, work as an agent and you’ll have freedom after ten years of service. And... your brother and sister will be saved.”

Na Ra balked upon that. “Don’t lie to me! I saw- I saw them got shot. Everyone got shot. Everyone except me!”

“Your parents are unfortunately couldn’t be saved but your siblings still have a long life. The bullets didn’t get to their vital organs.”

And for the first time in a while, Na Ra’s eyes seemed to glint like an alive person. Yet, she remained silence for a minute and kept her poker-face. She squeezed the two teddy bears in her hands and spoke up at last. “Show them to me!”

Villainess stood up without saying anything and led Na Ra to the next room which was filled with medical equipment. Through the glassy window, both Hyun Woo and Na Bi could be seen lying on the beds supported by the machines.

Witnessing the miracle, Na Ra finally broke into a grateful cry as she found out her siblings survived their shootings. She couldn’t help herself but to drop onto her knees in front of the Villainess. “Thank you so much. I-I’ll accept the deal. I'll do anything.” She murmured between her heavy sobs.

***

A grey Hyundai Avante was parked in front of an old house on the outskirts of Seoul. The front door on the driver's side was opened and a middle-aged man in a black suit jacket with gold dragon embroidered got off the car. He arranged his steps leisurely towards the entrance and entered the house. As he was inside, he stole a glance around the house. It was so soundless and seemed like there was no one staying there. Though, he boldly walked over the living room and went into the room just next to the stairs.

His lips curved into a huge wicked grin when his eyes fell on a 17-year-old guy who was eating a cup of instant noodle inside the room. “Hi.” The man greeted.

The boy stopped eating at once and quickly reached for his gun besides his computer. He swiftly pointed it at the man with a pair of unsteady hands.

“Wow! Slow down there!” The man chuckled instead of retreating his steps. “I’m here for you. I’m your father’s friend. Your name is Si Won, isn’t it?”

Si Won had his heart skipped a beat. It had been three months since he heard anything about his father. The last time he heard about him was before he got an emergency message from an unknown contact named Dragon. He was told that his father got caught, hence he should move into his father’s hidden house and stayed low until someone reached out for him. “Are you the Dragon?” He asked while lowering his gun.

“Yes, it’s me!”

“What do you mean by you’re here for me? Where’s my father? What happened to him?”

“Your father is caught by A.C.E. He has been prisoned and tortured to death. I come here to get you, so we can pay them back for what they have done to you and your father.”

Si Won suddenly had his eyes filled with a cold maliciousness and his knuckles turned white as his grip tightened on his gun. He gritted his teeth and hissed, “I’m going to make them regret!”

***

Hyun Woo couldn’t help but to feel tense upon the unfamiliar place. His grip intuitively tightened on both of his sisters when a guy who seemed to be only in his seventeen walked into the room.

“Hello! My name is Ok Taec Yeon and you can call me Taec Yeon. I’m Villainess’s right hand man and is in charge of field logistics of the A.C.E.’s strike team missions. So, if there’s any problem, you can just inform me. And I hope that we’ll work well together in the future.” Taec Yeon said with a big smile on his face. Though his brows then knitted together once he came to realise of the stare that he had been received from Hyun Woo. “Oh,

Please log in to read the full chapter