Five

A Love She Deserves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A day before Shin Bi's birthday, Hye Yeon is staring blankly in front of her. She found out last night that Ava will arrive this day. She doesn't understand but she doesn't want to meet her. She knows that Young Jae wants her to meet Ava but she doesn't know how to react if she meets his wife-to-be. She wanted to make a reason for not meeting her but Young Jae said that she's looking forward to meeting her. Hye Yeon decided to let fate decide for her. After all, she's going to be a part of Cha Family.

She shakes her head and patted her cheeks. "Choi Hye Yeon, pull yourself together! He's your best friend. Be happy for him."

She released a huge sigh and pick up the documents that she needs to deliver to each department head. She hurriedly does her chores.

As she finishing up, her phone rings. It was a video call from Young Jae. She stops on the 5th-floor lobby and sat down. She answered his call.

"Young Jae-ah, why? I'm working." She said as she smiled at him. She can see Young Jae and he was in some kind of a building lobby. Suddenly, a blonde woman appears beside him. "Hye Yeon-ah, Ava is here!"

"Hi, Hye Yeon-ssi." said the woman who is Ava. Hye Yeon feels like she was punched on her chest. She's beautiful and she looks nice. She avoids checking Young Jae's SNS accounts to avoid seeing this woman. She smiled awkwardly and waved at them. "Oh, bonjour, Ava" she said.

Ava smiles sweetly at her. "I can't wait to meet you soon, Hye Yeon. Are you having dinner with us tonight?" Ava asked in fluent Korean.

"We will have dinner later. Mom, Gwang Jae, and Song Yi are coming. Gwang Jae is coming from the TV station. Go along with him, okay?" Young Jae said as he wraps his arm on Ava's shoulder and she leans her head on his shoulder.

"Ohhh... I don't know. I have some stuff to do tonight. I might finish late again." She said sadly.

Ava pouts "That's sad. How about tomorrow? You'll be at Shin Bi's birthday, right?"

"Ahh... Y-yes." she answered.

"Okay. See you tomorrow, Hye Yeon. I have a lot of question about Young Jae and I know you're the only person who knows him too well."

Both Ava and Young Jae waved goodbye at her and the call ended. Hye Yeon cupped her face. Even she avoids Ava now, she will meet her tomorrow at Shin Bi's birthday.

"Yah, Choi Hye Yeon. You're stupid! Why didn't you dated anyone all this years? You're not having this problem if you dated someone and you can bring a date tomorrow." she told herself.

"You need a date?"

Hye Yeon look up and saw Lee Jung Woo. Hye Yeon stood up and smiled awkwardly at him. "Lee Jung Woo-ssi. Hello." She bows at him.

"Are you okay? You're talking to yourself about bringing a date tomorrow." he points out. Hye Yeon sighs. "It's nothing. It's just..." Hye Yeon doesn't know what to say.

"Do you want to talk about it? I'm free now." he offers. Hye Yeon picked up some folder she place on the sofa she was sitting. "I still need to deliver this and it's my work time." Jung Woo nodded. "How about after work? Let's have dinner."

Hye Yeon thinks about it for a while. If she agrees, she will have a reason not to go to the dinner with the Cha Family. If she didn't, she has nothing to do. "Okay. I'll meet you in the lobby at 6 pm"

"Okay. I'll be there." Jung Woo said and smiles at her.

She nods at him and she went back in delivering paperwork.

---

After her work, she meets Jung Woo on the lobby. She found out that he was alone and sends his staff home. They went to the parking lot. She didn't have his car because she lends it to Young Jae. She was surprised when she saw Jung Woo's car. It's a black Maserati GranTurismo. Jung Woo opens the passenger's seat door for her and she goes in. He closes the door and went to the driver's side.

Jung Woo chooses a cozy restaurant. It was in a not-so-crowded street and It was dim-lit so it has a private ambiance. Jung Woo ordered the specials for them.

"So, can you tell me what's bothering you?" he asked. Hye Yeon sighs. "I was supposed to be in a dinner with my family tonight but I didn't want to go." she muttered.

"Why?"

"Young Jae Oppa's girlfriend will be there." she looked down her lap. Jung Woo automatically gets it. So, he asked her, "Do you have feelings with Young Jae?"

She nodded. "I didn't mean to. We're childhood friends and we grew up together. He liked me too back then but I rejected him because I was scared that if we become a couple and break up, I might lose the Cha Family too. They are the only family I have since my parents died. But, for seven years that Young Jae Oppa was away, I was hoping that he will return someday and still wants me. That maybe when that time comes, I will be brave enough to take a risk and be with him." She patted her cheeks frustratedly. "Ahhh! I'm so stupid."

"You're not. You're just a woman who likes a man. But honestly, you can't run away in meeting her. You said you want to keep being a part of their family. She will be a part of your family soon. Do you have any plan of winning Young Jae back?"

'Please say no.' Jung woo thought.

"No, he's happy and he already moved on with me. And I want him to be happy. If Ava makes him happy, then I will support them." she stated. Jung Woo sighs in relief.

"If you treat him as your best friend, you should know the person he's dating, right? For Young Jae's sake, meet her and get to know a little bit about her."

Their food arrived and they start eating. Jung Woo noticed that Hye Yeon still looked sad. So, he decided to make her smile.

"Hye Yeon-ah."

She looked at Jung Woo.

"What noise does a toaster make?" he asked. Hye Yeon tilts her head. "What?"

"빵!" (Bbang) he said loudly.

Hye Yeon stares at Jung Woo for a while. Just then, she smiles widely at him. "Ohh! 빵!" then she giggled. Jung Woo laughs along with her.

"I have another one. What should you do if a watermelon sues you?"

Still smiling, she replies, "What?"

"수박." (Soo Bak)

Then, Hye Yeon laughs at him. Jung Woo was satisfied. He made her laugh.

"Yah. You should stick to acting." Hye Yeon said. "This is bad for your image."

"At least I made you smile." he said casually as he looks at her. Hye Yeon smiles at him.

Jung Woo took a sip of his drink then asked her, "So, how about tomorrow? Will you be okay to meet her?" Hye Yeon remains quiet for a while before she speaks. "It's inevitable that we will meet as soon as possible. It's better to meet her sooner than later."

"True. How about your date tomorrow? Do you have one?"

She shook her head. "I don't. But Gwang Jae Oppa and Song Yi will keep me accompany."

"Or, you can bring me instead," he suggested. Hye Yeon laughs. "You? Are you serious? It's not an extravagant party. It's a children's party."

"So? I like children. And besides, Young Jae is my fan, along with his girlfriend. I bet they will be happy if I'm there."

Hye Yeon looks at him quizzically. "Aren't you busy?"

"I'm free tomorrow and Sunday. I will either go to the gym, train jujitsu or eat out. I want to do something new." he shrugged and took a bite of his food. "Like attending a children's party?" she asked. He answered straightforwardly. "As your date, yes."

Hye Yeon thinks for a while. Knowing how busy Jung Woo, she thought it will be a 50/50 chance that he will come. So she answered him. "Okay. If you have time, come as my date."

"I'll be there, Hye Yeon-ah."

"Sure." she sai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter