Love Interrupted

Hospital's Delight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3: Love Interrupted

 

Bright morning sunlight shone through the clear windows of the humble two-story house. In the master bedroom, a sleeping Minatozaki Sana made a small, cute noise as she nuzzled her face against the comforting source of warmth beside her. A content smile found its way to her lips when she felt a pair of arms pull her closer to the other resting body on the fluffy white bed.

“Mmm… I don’t want to wake up,” Sana mumbled into the soft heather grey fabric her face was resting against.

“Then don’t,” a gentle voice that the nurse adored whispered. Sana could not help but give a small grin, “You spoil me too much.”

A slim hand made its way to her long raven hair. “I don’t.” Dexterous fingers played with her smooth wavy locks. “It’s just not time to wake up yet.”

Sana giggled and lightly smacked the arm around her waist. “It’s not time for you but it is for me, sleepyhead. I’m not the one who has the day off.”

A soft chuckle sounded and Myoui Mina finally opened his eyes, gazing at the pouting face before him. He slipped his hand from Sana’s hair to her cheek, caressing the smooth skin. “I’ll drop by the hospital later to pick you up for dinner.”

The pout easily transformed into a satisfied smile at those words and Sana leaned forward to peck the doctor’s lips. When she sat up, the covers fell to her thighs, revealing the figure-hugging white camisole and shorts that she wore to sleep. Mina could not resist admiring the beautiful body of his girlfriend as she left the bed and prepared for another long day at work. Once he heard the sounds of water running in the shower, he slid on his glasses and got out of bed, making his way to the kitchen on the first floor.

Dressed in a white sleeveless blouse and a pleated blue skirt, Sana walked down the stairs with her hair tied up in a neat bun that was required of all nurses and was pleasantly greeted by a simple but appetizing spread of French toast and aromatic café latte on the glass dining table. She crept up to the man who was poring over the morning newspapers at the table and hugged his lean frame from behind.

“You should have slept in,” she breathed deeply, inhaling his familiar citrus scent.

“I can always go back to sleep later,” Mina patted her hand before leading her to sit on the chair next to him. Sana felt her heart do a little somersault at his loving actions. How long has it been? Two and a half, no, three years? Never once has this amazing man slackened and took our relationship for granted.

“Now eat up. I’ll drive you to work after this,” pressing his lips against her forehead, Mina left the dining area to wash up and change his clothes.

---

It was 9am when Mina dropped Sana off at JYP Hospital’s Emergency Department. The staff nurse had transferred to the same department as Mina one year ago when the hospital formed its elite emergency team (EET) consisting of specially trained doctors and nurses to respond more efficiently to large-scale disasters.

“I saw that, Sana!” Joy piped with a teasing grin as Sana walked past her old station, the Nurses’ Counter. “Sharing a kiss in a convertible. How sweet!”

“That’s right,” Eunha added. “Who would’ve thought that Dr. Myoui was such a romantic before you two got together?”

Leaning against the counter, Joy rested her chin on her palm, her lips pursing and brows furrowing, “He still treats me so coldly though.”

A file slapped the top of Joy’s head, causing her to let out a startled yelp. “Of course! You are not his ‘Ms. Minatozaki’,” Wendy chided, hugging the offending file to her chest. “Dr. Myoui is still Dr. Cool to the rest of us. And stop having desires on him unless you want Sana to give you a jab on your .”

Snapping upright, Joy waved her hands and shook her head frantically, “No thanks! You wouldn’t do that to your good friend right, Sana?”

Sana flashed a smile that did not quite reach her eyes. “Of course not. Even if you make any move on Mina, I’m sure he will not fall for it.”

Smirking, Eunha nudged Joy’s side, “You hear that? She trusts him sooo much.”

Nodding her head while trying to contain her snicker, Joy cooed, “They are so lovey-dovey that I’m getting goose bumps!” The duo rubbed their arms dramatically and pretended to shiver.

“C’mon, give Sana a break,” Wendy said which immediately earned a retort from Joy.

“Son Wendy, you were one of us. Don’t go all sagely just because you are in the EET now!”

“Aww… You miss me, don’t you?” Wendy’s voluptuous lips melted into a smile. “Don’t worry, I still love you girls,” she gathered her mates for a group hug that seemed extremely out of place in the somber environment while Sana stood to the side, not wanting to intrude on the closely knit gossiping trio’s little moment.

“Sattang!” a cheery high-pitched voice greeted from behind Sana. Without turning around, she already knew who it was. “Good morning, Nayeon-ssi.”

There was a mischievous glint in Nayeon’s eyes as the shorter woman paced around Sana with her hand rubbing her chin, scrutinizing the nurse from head to toe, “Are you feeling lonely today without dear Dr. Myoui?”

Sana groaned inwardly at the grown woman’s childish antics. She knew where this was going. Sensing the lack of reaction, Nayeon wrapped her arms around herself and continued in an irksome sing-song voice, “Do you miss his oh-so-gentle touch, his sweet muack-muack kisses, his mushy loving whispers, his hot breath against your ear, his face in your melo-”

Clack!

“Ouch!” Nayeon cried out, clutching her head in pain. She whipped around to find Hirai Momo standing behind her with an angelic smile on his handsome face and a clipboard in his hand. “What the hell, Hirai!”

“Are you angry?” Momo asked, his grin widening.

Nayeon stomped forward, jabbing his chest with her index finger. “You bet I am! Why did you hit me?”

“Because you were saying inappropriate things about my dearest Sattang.”

“Oi, oi, what do you mean your Sattang? She belongs to Mina. And don’t you know a man should never hit a woman?” Nayeon huffed.

Momo raised his eyebrows. “I’ve never treated you as a woman since you’re batting for the same team as I do.”

Massaging her temple, Sana felt a headache coming on as the two doctors traded verbal blows. “Momo, that’s enough,” she laid a hand on the shoulder of the man who appeared to be enjoying himself. Turning to Nayeon, she calmly stated, “To answer your first question, I miss Mina but he and I don’t need to be around each other all the time. Besides, he will be picking me up for dinner.”

All anger faded from Nayeon as puzzlement overtook her features. “He will? I thought he said he would be- Oh !” the senior doctor slapped her hands over and gulped deeply, as if trying to swallow her words. Sana narrowed her eyes at the suspicious actions and peered at Nayeon.

“He what?”

Hands still covering , Nayeon shook her head vigorously. “N-Nothing! Pretend you didn’t hear anything!” Without another word, the petite woman sped off, leaving a confused Sana behind.

“What was that about?” Momo prodded his childhood friend.

“I wish I knew too. She’s definitely hiding something,” Sana replied, her brows knitted in thought.

A dangerous scowl flashed across Momo’s face. “M

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter