Across the Dream, Over the Horizon... I'm Going to the Place That's Getting Clearer

Let Me Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

During the months that followed the incident at the press conference, Jungkook and Yeri lived a happy and quiet life together with no stress and no worries. They had chosen to step away from their busy lives for the rest of her pregnancy after all the doctors he’d meticulously filtered out had cautioned stress to be a big player in miscarriages or injury to the baby. And although his fans were upset and were scared to let him go, all he wanted to care for during this time was his wife and child. In his opinion, temporarily pulling back from work was the best decision he’d ever made.

No one knew anything about it then, but just a few weeks after they announced the pregnancy, they were wed in a quiet gathering of just their immediate families, group members and select friends. The decision to have such a small wedding ceremony came about with little to no resistance due to the chaotic atmosphere that surrounded the country at the time, and for some reason it was even more perfect than they’d imagined it to be.

On the day that they were wed, Jungkook was dressed from head to toe in a white suit while Yeri had on a fairy-like dress that hung softly off her shoulders and lightly flowed over her baby bump. Their ceremony was the closest thing to a destination wedding as it was held on a beautiful rooftop venue near the ocean in Busan. As soon as you entered the venue, beautiful white and violet colored flowers were dangling from the rafts above and photos from the two idols’ careers lined the pathway to the main area. The centerpieces smelled of pine and fresh bark while the scent of the salty sea breeze gently accompanied the hip and modern ceremony. Unlike other Korean weddings, theirs was very foreign and casual, as if they’d grown up in the country all their lives.

Their guests were dressed in a semi-formal manner where the highlight was their presence and nothing else. Inspired by the western films that Yeri was so fond of; Jimin was Jungkook’s best man while Seulgi was her maid of honor. Irene walked her ring down the aisle, Joy was the flower girl and Wendy was the master of ceremonies. On the groom’s side, Namjoon handled all the supervisory work of making sure everyone did their jobs correctly while Yoongi and Hoseok gave a special performance. Taehyung decorated the entire place with his fashion sense and Seokjin simply watched from the side as a proud father-figure. Everyone had their roles and did their best to make the wedding as perfect as possible for the pair, and even with the few hiccups that came unexpectedly, Yeri and Jungkook couldn’t have imagined getting married in any other way.

As soon as the wedding ended, she announced to the guests that Irene and Seokjin would be their child’s godparents, not to anyone’s surprise. The two eldest members, though constantly in an on-again, off-again relationship, were the most responsible of the group, almost taking on a parent-like form, but even with that announcement and the commencement of their marriage, everything still never really set in until D-day.

When Sohee was born, it was like nothing else mattered to Jungkook; like all he knew now was how precious his daughter was and that was it. As soon as he held her in his arms, he realized how ironic being a father was; that if there was any man who’d do to his daughter, what he’d done to Yeri, he’d have their neck. Being a father was so odd to him; even though he was always naturally great at whatever he pursued, never in his life did he think he’d be a good father, but now it was like he was meant to be one.

A few weeks later, he was caught by surprise when s came to visit them and reminded him that they were leaving for Japan to attend the MAMA awards. He’d forgotten all about his life before being a father and music altogether, but for the few days that led up to the actual MAMA awards, everything crashed into his chest like an intense wave. It wasn’t that he regretted having built his life in a rush with Yeri, but it was the fact that he was originally supposed to just go on a temporary break and eventually return to the scene, which he never did. If he had to be honest with himself, he really did miss part of his old life.

Yeri, on the other hand, hadn’t been to MAMA in a while, so she wasn’t really affected, but this was going to be the first time that BTS would be attending MAMA without Jungkook. He used to be the face and central player of the group, but once he stepped back for a more private life, Jimin and Taehyung had to step up and basically split his parts in half, which he wasn’t upset about, but it did scare him a bit.

All he’d known his entire life was work, work and work, but now he was beginning to feel left behind. At a point in his career, all he knew was that he loved the feeling of standing on stage and singing his heart out to his fans, that all he wanted to do was feel the rush of performing with s. It was such a painful realization that when he watched s on stage, his chest actually felt like it had been torn into pieces.

“Are you okay,” she reached over and held his hand as they watched s perform through the tv.

“Oh,” he sighed, “yeah, I am.”

She chuckled, “no, you’re not.”

“No, I am…”

“Yah,” she pinched his cheek, “you don’t think I know when you’re feeling sad?”

He chuckled and kissed her hand, “I know you can tell.”

“Well then,” she smiled in support, “why don’t you tell me what’s wrong?”

He sighed, fell down to lay his head on her lap without a word and then covered his eyes with his arm.

“You miss performing,” she rubbed his head as he cried, “don’t you?”

He nodded in submission and cried his heart out, letting all of his pent-up jealousy take over in one full sweep.

“Don’t you miss it,” he finally asked her after calming down.

She chuckled, “of course I do.”

“Well, how can you be so calm for so long?”

“I miss performing, singing and dancing, but I think I miss composing music the most. What I loved about being an idol wasn’t the fact that I got to perform in front of thousands, but that I was able to create music and write beautiful lyrics for those who truly valued it. We miss the same thing on different spectrums.”

He smiled and turned to face her abdomen, “you’re so strong, sweetheart.”

She leaned down and kissed his forehead and then they went to bed quietly as she realized that she needed to save her husband. The next day, she spent hours working on a new song that she’d been inspired to write on a whim after speaking with Jungkook about how much he’d missed performing, and then reached out to her company. A week later, she went back to SM with her members to record the music and even finalized a release date.

When she came home that night, she called Namjoon while Jungkook was sound asleep.

“Oppa.”

“Yeah, what’s up,” he was excited over the phone.

“I have something I need your help with.”

“Of course,” he accepted immediately, “what did you need?”

“I want to bring Jungkook to the next concert… I can tell that he’s been missing it like crazy and I think it’s time that he came back, don’t you think so?”

Namjoon went quiet for a few seconds and then chuckled, “we’ve been thinking that since the day you got married.”

“Really?”

“Yeah, we never wanted him to leave and would never hold him back… also, the true ARMY seemed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter