My Girl

My Girl

Smoking cigarettes on the roof 
You're so pretty and I love this view

Sojung is always pretty. No matter what she does, she always has this aura that makes her stand out from the others, making her shine like the moon in the dark.

And Hyunjung falls for her because of it.

Now Sojung is smoking on the roof. Smoke puffing from as she exhales and the tip of her cigarette reddening as she inhales the cancer. Though her back is turned towards Hyunjung, she could tell that Sojung is distressed by her tense shoulders and the constant fidgeting of her cigarette-free hand.

She couldn't blame the girl though, it's inevitable with the situation they are in.

Hyunjung is supposed to stop Sojung from slowly killing herself with the stick of cancer, supposed to grab the stick from her hand and stomp on it and then proceed to give her a lecture about how harmful smoking is and make her quit the habit.

But Sojung looks beautiful like this, with the sunset making her skin glow brighter than ever, the smoke creating numerous designs in the air before disappearing into nothingness.

It's like art.

So Hyunjung allows herself to watch, allows herself to enjoy the view, allows her heart to fall deeper and deeper for Chu Sojung because while Sojung releases stress by smoking, Hyunjung’s addiction is Sojung.

And she feels calm when she leaves the roof with Sojung by her side, planning to leave together to go to another company, to stay together.

 

We fell in love in October 
That's why I love fall

Dry leaves crunch as two girls walk over them in the dark. It's almost midnight on a cold day of October, and no one except the moon and stars that dominate the sky witness the scene.

They watch as the two girls stop at the top of a small hill lying somewhere in Seoul, watch as they sat down, one lying on the other's lap. They watch and shine for the girls, and for the start of a love story ears yearn to hear.

Hyunjung thinks that Sojung is always pretty, but she looks prettier than ever now, with her head on Hyunjung’s lap and the moonlight highlighting her features. Her cheeks are pink from the cool air, and her hair falls down all the right places.

‘The sky’s really pretty tonight,’ says Sojung dreamily, a faint smile on her lips.

‘Not as pretty as you.’ replies Hyunjung without much thought.

‘Not as pretty as you too,’ comes Sojung’s whispered reply.

Hyunjung stares into Sojung’s eyes as they both slowly lean in, boths’ eyes fluttering shut as their lips touch for the first time.

Hyunjung doesn't feel butterflies in her stomach, the world doesn’t erupt into pink bubbles either. Everything just feels like ... Sojung.

She can feel Sojung’s soft lips on her, smell Sojung’s lemon scent, and feel all the emotion and the passion
that is so utterly Sojung.

She drinks it all in.

They break away when air becomes a necessity. The wind welcomes the new couple, blowing a few fallen leaves on them.

Hyunjung watches fondly as Sojung picks up a heart shaped leave and hands it to her with a content smile. No words are needed for Hyunjung to understand what she means, and she dives in for another kiss.

Hyunjung decides that Fall is her favourite season.

 

Looking at the stars 
Admiring from afar

Sojung is a great rapper, so good that she got to go on Unpretty Rapstar 2, one of Korea's biggest rap shows even before her debut.

Hyunjung watches in awe and pride as her Sojung, her girlfriend raps flawlessly on the stage, under the name EXY.

Sojung is like the moon, but EXY is like a star. Shining ever so brightly on stage, words spitting out of along the rhythm so fast that it is almost impossible to recognise what she is saying. The crowd is hyped up, and Hyunjung can see that Sojung is filled with adrenaline as well.

Her skin is glowing, her passion and confidence making her shine like the brightest star Hyunjung has ever seen, almost blinding her.

Hyunjung swears that she is staring at a constellation. And maybe it's just a bit too much for her.

Because though she loves and admires EXY, she prefers Sojung over her, like how she prefers the moon over the stars.

 

You will be my girl 
My girl 
My girl 
My girl

‘I listened to the song on your Insta story just now,’ says Sojung.

Hyunjung just hums in response while playing with Sojung’s hair.

‘It a good song. Makes me feel emo,’ she continues.

‘It makes me think of you. The song, I mean,’ Hyunjung admits.

‘But I am your girl, not will be your girl.’

‘Okay.’

Hyunjung leans in to plant a soft kiss on Sojung’s lips, making the girl smile.

And she sings.

‘Smoking cigarettes on the roof
You're so pretty and I love this view

We fell in love in October
That's why I love fall
Looking at the stars
Admiring from afar

My girl
My girl
My girl

You are my girl
My girl
My girl
My girl’