Happiness

The Sun Always Shines Above The Clouds

This will be the last chapter of this story. Thank you so much to everyone for the positive responses and for reading! I hope you all enjoyed. I do have plans for a full length story that I will be posting on Saturday so please look out for that :)

_____________

 

 

Tonight was the night, Hyejoo’s first date. She was currently pacing back and forth in her room while Sooyoung and Hyunjin were trying to find her the perfect outfit.

“Look its raining!” Hyejoo exclaimed.
“OK, so?” Hyunjin asked.
“W-well maybe I should cancel the date. You know, because its raining.” She said.
“Hm yeah no.” Sooyoung said.
 
Hyejoo shook her head dismissively. She was feeling anxious and looking for a reason not to go. Its not like she didn't want to go on the date. Going on a date with Chaewon was all she ever dreamed of. She was just scared she’d embarrass herself.

“I’ll drag you to the date if I have to. Now come here so I can do your makeup.” Sooyoung said sternly.
____________

Hyejoo heard a knock on her door and as she opened it her jaw dropped.

Chaewon was standing there wearing a black denim skirt and fuzzy pink sweater. She looked so soft that Hyejoo just wanted to hug her.

“Hi.” Chaewon said smiling brightly up at Hyejoo.
“Hey.” Hyejoo said softly.

“Lets go.” Chaewon said. She grabbed her hand and led her out to the car being sure to open the door for her.

“So where are we going?” Hyejoo asked.

“You'll see.” She responded with a smile.

The car ride was quiet while both girls stole quick glances at each other. It was a comfortable silence, not an awkward one.

When Chaewon pulled up to their destination Hyejoo’s face lit up.

“You took me to an arcade?” She asked.

“Yeah. I know its not the typical dinner and movie first date but I figured we’d have more fun at an arcade.” She said.

“This is perfect! I hope your ready to lose.” Hyejoo said teasingly.

“I’ll gladly lose to you any day. Come on, love.” She said getting out of the car.

Hyejoo sat in the car trying to process that Chaewon called her love until she heard her door open.

“Lets go, I want to play.” Chaewon whined as she grabbed Hyejoo’s hand dragging her out of the car and into Dave and Busters.

_______

After playing games for a couple of hours the girls headed into the gift shop to see what they could win. Hyejoo didn't have a lot but she had just enough for a little butterfly plush.

“What’d you get?” Chaewon asked.

“U-um just this. For you. If you don't like it I can get you something else.” She said slowly.

“No! Its perfect.” Chaewon said pulling Hyejoo into a hug.

________

 

The two girls left the arcade and got into Chaewon’s car.

“Hyejoo, I really like you.” Chaewon blurted out.

Hyejoo looked up at Chaewon their eyes meeting. She wanted to record what Chaewon just said so she could hear it every second of every day.


“I really like you too.” Hyejoo said.

“Can we go on more dates?” She asked shyly.

“Yeah, I’d like that.” Hyejoo responded.

When Hyejoo looked into Chaewon’s eyes she saw her eyes were glancing down, towards Hyejoo’s lips.

Hyejoo felt her heart beat faster and faster. She had never kissed anybody before. She didn't know where to put her hands or how to even kiss at all.

Chaewon put her hands on Hyejoo’s cheeks pulling her in closer. Hyejoo bent her head down slowly fluttering her eyes shut. Time froze and the rain slowed down as their lips met. It was quick and soft. Chaewon giggled as Hyejoo sat there with her eyes still closed.

Hyejoo felt like she was in a dream. She just had her first date and first kiss with the girl she's liked for 2 years.

As quick as it ended was as quick as it began again. Chaewon pressed her lips back to Hyejoos softly parting them slowly. The sound of Hyejoo’s stomach growling interrupted their moment and they both pulled away laughing.

“Come on, lets go get food.” Chaewon said.

“Wait, um Chaewon?” Hyejoo said.

“Yeah?” She responded.

“Would you be my girlfriend?” She asked while blushing profusely.

“Yes, yes, yes!” Chaewon shouted.

She grabbed Hyejoo’s face kissing her all over.
______


The two girls pulled into the parking lot of a small diner. Hyejoo sat in the car for a second thinking about how her life had changed in such a small amount of time. She's no longer the scared, shy girl. Chaewon was able to show her bravery within herself that she never even knew was there.
Chaewon got out of the car and opened the door for Hyejoo pulling her into a quick hug.

“I’m really happy. You make me really happy.” Chaewon says.

“I didn't know it was possible to be this happy.” Hyejoo responds while leaning down to press a kiss to Chaewons forehead.

“Look sunshine, finally!” Chaewon exclaims while looking at the sky.


Hyejoo looks up at the sky thankful the rain subsided. It is then that she realizes the sky will always open and the clouds will move aside for the sun to shine so brightly. The sun always shines above the clouds.