Chapter 10

My Wife

When Changmin opened his desk next morning, he found a hot fragrant pancake wrapped neatly on a plastic bag and the money he gave the little boy yesterday beside it. He quickly looked upto Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun was focused on reading his English notes.

Yunho entered the class room wrapping his arm around Changmin's shoulder and said, “ I am soo hungry. Let's go and eat something".

Changmin was going to reject the offer, but Yunho's vision met pancakes.

“He, he”. Yunho stretched out his hand, quickly grabbed the pancakes, and took a big bite of it. He goes on, “ Wow, this is really good. From where you bought it?!, buy one for me too tommorrow.”

Changmin clenched his fist tightly and wanted to hit on Yunho's head but he controlled his emotions for not gaining Kyuhyun's attention.


Yunho finished his pancake in two bites and smiled at Changmin feeling satisfied.

Changmin could not control any more, he kicked Yunho's right leg.

Yunho realized that Changmin was really pissed off and he decided to hide behind Jaejoong. Yunho said:" So pity. I just only ate a pancake. You are acting as if pancake was gifted by your crush."

Thanks to Yunho’s exact phrase, Changmin's face became even darker.

Yunho was shocked, his voice dropped: “I’m sorry.... So it was really given by your crush?! Ah who is she?! , really sorry, it’s all a misunderstanding!”

When he saw that Changmin is not planning to talk to Yunho, he left Jaejoong, and went to Changmin's side. As slightly poking his shoulder he said to Changmin :" If that person really like you, tomorrow you will again receive this pancake...”

Changmin lifted his head, coldly looked towards Yunho, and said: “Remove your hands off me."



– –

Yunho never thought that after eating that pancake, Changmin will really start avoiding him. No matter how much he try to bother Changmin, he only throw a cold stare towards him.

After finishing recess, Yunho was really left behind alone by Changmin. Jaejoong was at library for collecting a book, so that Yunho have to walk alone back to classroom.

At that time Kyuhyun passed by his side towards library. Yunho’s captured Kyuhyun's wrist to stop him.

“What?” Kyuhyun asked Yunho with doubt.

Yunho dragged Kyuhyun to a lonely corner and whispered , “Can you help me with something?”

After returning from the hospital, Yunho was behaving more friendly, he also was treating like a brother , so he asked: “ What is it?!”

Yunho looked around, and made sure that nobody is watching them. He said: “When you reach school there will be no one in our class right?!, can you bring me a cake in the morning?”

Kyuhyun did not think that Yunho would ask him to ask such strange things. His mom sells pancakes so there won't be any problems to him.

“What kind of cake do you want?” He asked Yunho.

“ Today Changmin received a pancake from someone and because I was hungry, i ate it without his permission. He is really mad at me now and kept ignoring me. ”

Kyuhyun never thought that Yunho will eat it, he asked: “You, liked that cake?”

“Do you know where it is sold?”

Kyuhyun nodded his head.

“ That's great, can you please bring it for Changmin tomorrow?!, I can pay you back.”

“You don't have to pay back. It's not that expensive.” Kyuhyun shook his head, “Tomorrow morning I will put it at Changmin's desk, Is that okay for you ?”

“Yes, yes,” Yunho gave Kyuhyun a high five and smiled happily.

– –

The next day, when Changmin came to school and opened his desk, he found a nicely wrapped pancake in transparent cover. He looked at Yunho's desk.

Yunho has not arrived yet.

Changmin let out a sigh of relief and hid the cake inside his bag.

When Yunho entered the classroom, he looked at Kyuhyun's direction , after receiving a confirmation nod from Kyuhyun, he smiled. While passing by the side of Kyuhyun's desk, he quickly thanked Kyuhyun and went to his seat.

In his seat, he saw a pancake placed neatly, so he took it and ate it right away.

Jaejoong was his seatmate. He quickly shifted to sideways to lock the lines of vision from the direction of Changmin, quietly asked : “You stole Changmin's pancake again?!”

Yunho replied: " I didn't steal it. Someone else gave me this one because I asked that person."

Jaejoong noticed that Changmin didn't showed any sign of losting his pancake. So he decided not to hide Yunho from Changmin's vision and buried his head inside his book.

Changmin was in a good mood. He was quite attending Physics class eventhough half of their classmate was sleeping because of boring class.

Kyuhyun never expected that talking with Changmin after hospital incident will be at toilet that too about pancakes.

When he was washing his hand, suddenly Changmin appeared infront of toilet door. His hand was in his pocket, but he was little leaning on the side, his eyes were completely concentrating on Kyuhyun. He asked gently: " You put the pancakes and money at my desk, right?!”

“Yes.” Kyuhyun rightly nodded.

“Oh” Changmin cleared his throat and said:. “You are wrong, at that time, I was not the one who hid in the corner, Take this money back." Knowing that Kyuhyun’s family status is not so great, on the same day he asked the child to help buy a cake.

Kyuhyun giggled at Changmin's innosence.


Changmin took the money and put it in Kyuhyun's pocket and didn't allow him to pay back.

Before Kyuhyun finally felt a little embarrassed, Yunho came searching him for paying back pancake Kyuhyun gave him and Changmin.

“No need” Kyuhyun said: “ My family sells this cake, Changmin has already paid money for it."

“ He did?” Yunho was surprised.

Kyuhyun replied “If you want it, I can bring pancakes for both of you every day."

“ Kyuhyun-ah, you’re the best." Yunho hugged Kyuhyun to show his gratitude.

It didn't last for two second because Changmin pushed Yunho away from Kyuhyun.

“Move away from him. You are disturbing him!” Changmin placed himself between Kyuhyun and Yunho.

When Yunho heard from Kyuhyun that Changmin had already paid for both breakfast, he went away. Undoubtedly in the heart of Changmin, Yunho was his best brother.

Yunho latched himself to the body of Changmin with the cute voice “ Changminnie ~”. Changmin gave him a cold shoulder and pushed him, he watched Kyuhyun, but Kyuhyun did not pay attention to them.

Changmin’s cheerful feeling disappeared and bitterness returned.

After school, going to the house, Yunho on the road side said joyfully when he kicked on the stone playfully : “ I never thought you will be so good to me.”

Changmin immediately stared at him, Yunho continued: “I never thought that you will pay for my breakfast. I am soo happy that I would die out of happiness."

Changmin said codly : “I do not understand what you are saying”

“ Stop pretending.” Yunho continued:“Well you know, Kyuhyun already told me that you have given him enough money, to bring us pancakes every day. Now all we have to do is eat the tasty pancakes everyday.”

Changmin stopped instantly grabbing Yunho's collar angrily asked: “ Kyuhyun offered to bring breakfast for you?! ”

“Yes.” Yunho was confused. “ You already paid for our breakfast, right? On that day, I was eating your cake and I was scared when I saw you got angry. Since I am not a person who woke up early, I asked Kyuhyun for help. You are especially happy on this day because for that pancake, right?! ”

Changmin already lost his emotional balance : JEALOUSY was clearly visible to anyone on his face if Yunho was atleast having minimum sensitivity.

At that time, Shim family maid saw the pancake kept at the refrigerator. She grabbed it and smelled. Since it emitted a foul odour she threw it at waste bin.