three // adrenaline

My Little Dancer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Anything that gets your blood
racing is probably worth doing."
Hunter S. Thompson

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Yein rolled about in bed, mumbling and grumbling. It was seven ten in the evening and she was supposed to be meeting Mijoo at seven twenty. For what? For her club's first practice of the semester, where they were welcoming the first years.

Other than hearing that Yein was at her club booth, Mijoo somehow found out that Yein used to dance. She had absolutely no idea who in the school would have known that fact about her because she was the only one from her hometown who enrolled here.

Not that she wanted to keep her dance background a secret, she just didn't want to be involuntarily tied to it. Dancing her whole life since four made it only natural to be involved in it. The biggest question she struggled with was – do I really enjoy it?

With a grunt, Yein raised her head from her bed (for she had been lying on her stomach) and began digging for clothes that were comfortable to dance in. She eventually settled on a pair of joggers and a baggy 3/4 sleeve top that was slightly cropped.

Stuffing her water bottle, an exercise towel and other small necessities into her bag, she slung it over her shoulders and headed downstairs to meet Mijoo at the lobby.

"Wow. The way you dress just gives the air that you're a dancer. Do you know that?"

"I'm sure non-dancers dress like that too," Yein rolled her eyes as she said sarcastically.

"Alright alright. Let's get going then," Mijoo playfully pushed Yein from behind, forcing her to walk at her friend's pace.

//

The time was now seven forty-five. Practice was scheduled to start at eight and most of the seniors were already present. Several freshmen streamed into the studio and only stayed near the wall. They gave the impression that they were scared of the seniors, seeing how they gathered in a corner and whispered amongst themselves.

Yein, on the other hand, was in a corner of her own, doing some light stretching. It had been a while since she danced, and she knew her body needed a good warm up or she'll risk an injury.

At eight on the dot, the seniors gathered everyone in the studio and they began warming up together. From stretching to a few sets of jumping jacks, Yein soon had sweat trickling down her forehead.

She quickly wipe the sweat off with her towel and gulped down water. She was used to taking quick, short breaks for she knew how much time mattered during practice. As she prepared to go back to the centre of the studio, Yein noticed how majority o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter