Final.

hidden.

Today marks the second day of the training camp for all the track and field teams of universities in Seoul. The camp is hosted by Korea University that has won two consecutive track and field championship.

Kim Minju knocks on the room door that is currently filled with loud from cheers and noises. A figure unlocks the door immediately.

“Hey, Minju unnie. Do you need anything?”, Yujin asks as she grins to Minju. Minju rolls her eyes, unamused.

“Chaeyeon unnie, Yena unnie, the coach want to see the team members right now.”

Yena and Chaeyeon gasped, quickly fixed their hair and swings their training jacket over their body and run out of the room. Minju nods her head a bit before leaving the room.

“Thank you for visiting me, Minju unnie!!”, Yujin yells from inside the room as she left the room.

“Yujin sure likes you a lot, Manager Kim Minju-sshi.”, Chaeyeon teased, nudging Minju as they make their way towards the gymnasium.

“Just date her already. Poor that little dog.”, Yena adds on Chaeyeon’s word.

Minju lets out a small chuckle and shakes her head, denying.

-------------

“What is in the coach’s mind today?? The training is hell.”, Yena complaints while wiping the sweats that is forming on her forehead and face.

Eunbi, Chaeyeon, Hyewon and Hitomi nod in agreement. They are the Korea University’s track and field athletes.

“Let’s be positive, everyone. This is all for the team. If we can get through this, we can win the championship again this year!”, Eunbi encourages her teammates, hands rested on her hips. The other team members exchange glances and chuckles.

Eunbi is the best player they ever had in this team. She is good in sprinting, relay races and also long jump. Due to her good performance, she is likely the official leader of their team.

“Sorry to interrupt, but with me in KyungHee University, we will surely grab the championship from now on.”, Yujin tells the members that were panting for breath. They glare at their rival team members and chuckles.

“Keep dreaming, Ahn Yujin. I can obviously defeat you in the 400m sprints.”, Eunbi announces. Yujin takes a sit in between the members.

“Shut up. I can win any events if I put my mind into it.”, Yujin pats her chest repeatedly.

“Except for winning Minju’s heart. A total loser on that.”, Yena teases the younger girl. Almost everyone in their team knows that Yujin have a huge crush on their team’s manager. Almost.

“Yujin likes Minju? Why I did not know this?”, Hyewon asks her teammates curiously. “And I thought you likes me?”, she turns her head to face Yujin.

Yujin frowns and pushes Hyewon’s shoulder gently “What are you saying? Don’t be ridiculous.”

“You never really hang out with us during meal time. So yeah, you never noticed.”, Chaeyeon explains. Hyewon is usually gone when it comes to subject that is known as food.

As they were talking, Minju approaches the circle and distributes a can of drinks to her teammates. Yujin’s eyes follows Minju’s hand as she is handing the drinks to the members. Minju’s hand finally stop distributing.

“What about me?”, Yujin looks at Minju, with a sad puppy look. “That is for my team only. If you want, please ask your manager to buy it for you.”

Yujin snorts and rolls her eyes. Minju bit her lips together, restraining herself from smiling. A tall figure waltzes towards them, in a brand-new jersey and training jacket.

“Our new jersey looks cute. Right?”, Wonyoung interrogates the crowd. They give a positive feedback.

“Woah, our Wonyoung is really beautiful. Even though we had been friends for a long time, you still the most beautiful person I ever met.”, Yujin compliments the taller girl. Wonyoung hit Yujin’s shoulder softly.

Yujin glances at Minju, only to find her busily conversing with Eunbi. Yuri and Sakura runs and join the gang.

“Yena, are you okay? I heard your coach is a total bully today. Don’t get hurt okay.”, Yuri tells Yena as she cups her face in both of her hand.

“I am already fine when I get to see your face. Ahh, I miss you.” Yena reveals her true nature and embraces the girl in front of her eyes tightly, rocking her from left to right.

“I don’t get it how can you fall in love with our rivals? From now on, I, Kwon Eunbi will forbid any relationship formed between rivalry.”, Eunbi declares. The crowd booed, making Eunbi pout like a small kid.

“That means, I can’t date you right?”, Sakura interferes. Eunbi’s jaws drops and she quickly shakes her head. “No, no. I take back my words. We can date.”

Sakura let out a sincere laugh and pats Eunbi’s shoulder. “I want to date Kim Minju only.”

“Why?”, Eunbi, Cheyeon and Yujin question her in unison. The three of them exchanges ugly looks.

“Minju, I need help.”, Chaewon dashes towards them and whispers something in Minju’s ear. Minju’s eyes suddenly grow bigger and she nods, understanding. Her face looks serious, making everyone curious.

“Did something happened?”, being the leader always makes Eunbi restless, afraid if something happened to any of the team members. They had their eyes fix at the two managers.

Minju and Chaewon let out a small laugh. “It’s nothing like that. The food for lunch is already here so we will go and serve the food for you guys. Gather everyone at the backyard in 10 minutes.”

Everyone let out a sigh of relief. Chaewon holds Minju hand. “Shall we go now, Kim Minju-sshi?”

“Let’s go, Kim Chaewon-sshi.”, the both of them run out of the gymnasium, hand holding one another.

“Let me help to serve the food too.”, Hyewon suddenly runs after them.

------------------

“So, Yena will be hurdling, I will join the relay race and middle distance run with Chaeyeon, Hyewon will do the 200m and 400m sprinting and Hitomi will do the long jump. Did I get it right?”, Eunbi reads back the schedule for tomorrow practice.

Minju nods her head. “Ah, and tomorrow everyone need to wake up early and be at the court before coach arrives. She is somehow pretty moody this week and I’m not sure why. So let’s just behave tomorrow. ”

“Okay, get it.”, Eunbi raise her hand upwards, earning a high-five from Minju. Minju gets up from the bed and wears a cardigan over her shoulder. “You’re not going to sleep yet?”, Eunbi questions her manager.

“I’m gonna get myself a drink from the vending machine. Kinda crave for some grape juice. Do you want anything, Eunbi unnie?”

Eunbi shakes her head. Minju closes the door behind her and make her way towards the vending machine. She inserts a few notes and select the grape juice button. The can drink falls down from the slot and Minju picks it up.

She inserts another few notes and pushes the green tea button. She picks up the can drink and make her way to the flower garden near their dorm room. She looks around and found no soul near the area. She swiftly takes a seat on one of the bench and stare at the glistering dark sky.

“Fancy seeing you here.”, a voice greets her. Minju turns her head over her shoulder.

“Ah, you.”, Minju chuckles and pats the seat next to her. Yujin giddily runs and sit next to Minju.

She picks up the green tea can and opens it. “Are you okay today? You have been acting very cold to me, you know.”

Minju hits Yujin’s back gently and hisses. She shoves her smartphone right infront of Yujin’s face.

“You did not reply my morning text.”

“I wake up late, baby.” “Late? You were up when I came to your room this morning. Funny how you can laugh so loudly with Chaeyeon unnie and Yena unnie but not reply my text.”

Yujin throw her hands over Minju’s shoulder and pulls her closer to her chest. “Aaaa, my girlfriend is being mad right now. She’s not cute at all.”

Minju struggles to break the hug. “I am not done yet, Miss Yujin.”. Yujin hugs her harder, not wanting to let her escape from the embrace.

“I miss you today. And honestly, I don’t know where’s my phone.”

“You read the message already!”, Minju shoves Yujin’s arm that is wrapping her body away. She glares at Yujin and drinks her grape juice.

“I did? I did not. I swear to God I did- OH MY GOD!”

“What?”, Minju questions her in a high tone. “My phone… it’s with Sakura unnie. Yesterday she played some games and.. oh shoot.”

The both of them exchange looks. Minju grits her teeth and gently knocks Yujin’s head. “I told you not to give your smartphone to anyone. Now, one soul knew that we’re both dating.”

“Minju, calm down. Sakura unnie won’t expose us. Trust me.”

Minju snickers. “Right, trust you? Don’t make me laugh.”

Yujin gulps down a laugh. “Um baby, is everything okay? Did I do anything else other than not replying your text?”

“Woah, OUR Wonyoung is really beautiful. You still the most beautiful person I ever met.”, Minju starts to recall a memory from earlier and mimics it, almost similar to how Yujin said it.

Yujin grins and cups her girlfriend’s chin in her hands. Minju refuses to look at Yujin and continue to drink her juice. “So, my Minju is jealous of that? I thought you didn’t heard that. You were talking to Eunbi.”

“I have ears, Ahn Yujin. I have a pair of ears.”

“Yeah, that pair of ears that has been whispered by Kim Chaewon. Your ears must have live a happy life as of now.”

“It’s just Chaewonnie, Yuding.”, Minju reverts her gaze to Yujin. “Yeah, that Chaewon who you likes so much before. If I’m not around, you both probably date each other now.”

Minju bite her inner cheek. She stares into Yujin’s eyes and the younger girl gives her a very warm look.

“Are you mad? Don’t get mad. I’m scared when you get mad. You gonna have that beagle angry look when you’re mad…”

“Who do you love more? Me or Chaewon?”, Yujin asks suddenly.

“Ahn Yujin. That goes without saying.”, Minju answeres firmly. Yujin snuggles and ruffles her head in Minju’s neck.

“Your Yuding is happy. Your Yuding wants love. Please shower me with lots of love. Woof!”, Yujin announces and barks cutely.

“I thought that I want to be annoying today, so you can spoil me and shower me with lots of love. Guess it’s the other way around.”

Minju pats Yujin’s head gently. Yujin rests her head on Minju’s shoulder. She could hear Minju’s heart beating out of tempo.

“Are you nervous? I can hear your heart playing rope jumping.” Yujin sit up straight. Minju hums.

Yujin place her index finger below Minju’s chin, averting her gaze from the flower to her own face.

“I am right here. You should just look at me.”

Minju’s face is facing Yujin’s but not her eyes. “I am THAT nervous to even look at you. Who ask you to be looking so cool?”

Yujin sheepishly smiles and turns her head to look upwards, hiding her scalded cheek.

“KIM MINJU IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL PERSON I EVER MEET IN MY ENTIRE LIFE!”, Yujin shouts loudly, letting her confession fills the air.

Minju’s eyes went big as she quickly cups Yujin’s mouth, shutting her from making any more unreasonable confession.

“What are you doing?!”, Minju asks with her brows knits together. Yujin grins. “I love you.”

That 8 letter words is enough to catch Minju off guard. Minju bit her lower lips.

“Idiot.”. The older girl places her lips slowly on Yujin’s lips, letting a soft and tender kiss greets their lips. The kiss didn’t last long but it is enough for Yujin to guarantee that Minju will stay by her side as long as she needs her.

Minju stands up, brushing the dust away from her pants. “This 10-minutes date, I love it.”

She gives a small note that has been folded to Yujin. It was a note left by Yujin earlier during their lunch hour, asking Minju for a short date later tonight.

“Can I sleep with you today?”, Yujin asks, totally nonchalant.

Minju couldn’t hide her shy look. “Don’t be ridiculous. Eunbi unnie will surely know if someone sneaks into the room.”

Yujin sighs and nods her head. She creeps nearer to Minju and gives her a warm hug.

“Goodnight, my Minju. Please sleep well and dream of me.”

Minju hugs her back tightly. “You too, Yuding. Do well on tomorrow practice and don’t get hurt.”

Gently, Yujin plants a soft peck on Minju’s forehead. They let go of the hugs and their entwines fingers. They walks back towards their respective room.

And that marks the end of the second day of the training camp for Kim Minju and Ahn Yujin.

 

-END-