Final

Slam Poet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Momo waited excitedly behind the scenes as Mina finished up one of her songs. Momo and Dahyun were supposed to be up next to perform their duet, but the raven haired girl had already explained the plan to the pale-skinned idol, who at first looked at Momo incredulously but eventually she resided.

 

So, with microphone in hand, Momo watched as the crowd watched Mina attentively, rapid cheering sounding through the large stadium. The japanese wasn't sure how Mina got so popular in such a little amount of time, but she had, especially with the girls in the audience.

 

And Sana was not happy about that.

 

Momo knew it. It was practically fact. Partially because Sana was dense as a brick and was able to be read like a book. At least, for Momo that is.

 

Mina didn't seem to be aware that the blond had been struggling the last couple weeks-Momo assumed it was about coming to terms about the fact that Mina didn't really belong to Sana-and had become completely oblivious, which was odd since Mina usually everything about what was happening in the squirrel’s life.

 

Momo wasn't sure if Mina was either trying to deny it or was dense when it came to things between her and Sana.

 

The raven haired girl's eyes flickered over to Sana who was currently glaring at the audience in a means of scaring them off, even though they were all oblivious to the fact that one of their favorite idols was staring them down. Momo stifled a laugh, still struggling to contain her excitement. This was going to be epic.

 

Before the raccoon knew it, Mina's performance was over and she walked off the stage, heading over to Sana who was smiling warmly to the red haired girl, as per usual. Mina grabbed the girl's hand and Sana gave it a reassuring squeeze, and Momo held back the urge to either smile or puke or even scowl. Some people were just so dense.

 

"Momo, are you sure about this?" Dahyun's voice had startled Momo who jumped slightly, her hands clutching the microphone as she turned to glare at the redhead.

 

"You scared me!" Momo spat, earning an eye-roll from the redhead.

 

"Whatever. Now, are you sure about this." Dahyun repeated with a tone of fake disinterest while she twirled a piece of her purple ombre hair. Momo nodded reassuringly.

 

"Oh yeah! Momorin got this in the bag!" Momo cheered, patting Dahyun on the shoulder in a means of assurance which just earned another eye roll from Dahyun.

 

"Whatever you say...J-Just be careful." Dahyun reminded the girl, eliciting a laugh from Momo.

 

"It's not like I'm going into war." Momo laughed yet again, causing Dahyun to flush in embarrassment and scowl simultaneously. "But I got this. You'll be waiting for me, right?" Momo asked hopefully, and Dahyun nodded slowly, cheeks still red.

 

"Y-Yeah..." Dahyun trailed off, her eyes flicking up to look into Momo's eyes before they retreated again, residing on the ground. In one swift movement, Dahyun pecked Momo on the cheek, causing the raven haired girl's eyes to go wide. Her heart started pumping at a rapid pace, and her hands became clammy and sweating from the simple contact by the fellow idol.

 

But before Momo could say anything, the purple ombre haired girl was gone. Momo sighed, waiting for her heart rate to go down as she turned to face the stage.

 

Stupid Dahyun. Trying to throw me off my game. Momo exhaled sharply, before beginning her walk onto the stage, holding the microphone confidently, not transitioning into her usual cute persona.

 

"Hello all!" Momo called out, earning a roar of cheers and claps from the excited audience. Momo smiled widely at the response, the flow of adrenaline and nervousness suddenly rushing through her body, almost sending a shiver down her smalls spine. "How are you all doing today?" This elicited another round of cheers and incomprehensible responses that were mixed and swirled together to make an almost alien sound. "I am really excited to sing for you guys today, but I have something a little different for you all."

 

The air in the stadium turned from excitement to confusion, and Momo could hear the whispers of complaints and confusion from her other members who were off stage.

 

"Don't worry, I'm still going to sing of course!" Momo giggled afterwards, effectively roping the audience back in, much to her delight. "I just wanted to ask something. Mina is really popular now, isn't she?" The cheers cascaded into some of the loudest cheers Momo has ever heard, earning a smile on the raven haired girls face. She flicked her eyes over to Mina and Sana, more importantly Sana who was wearing a look of indifference when obviously she was clearly heavily enraged. Momo stifled a laugh for the second time.

 

"I don't know if you guys know this, but next to Dahyun, Mina is my best friend." This elicited 'oo's' and 'awe's from the audience. She knew this comment would make Mina smile and Dahyun blush. "And, as a good friend, I want to protect her. Don't you want to do that with your friends?" Another giggle equaled another roar of cheers. "Sweet! Well, I just had a little something to say to everyone, and it won't take too long, trust me. Do you guys want to listen?" Thousands of nods and yells of approval came from the audience. This is going great.

 

"Momo, what are you doing?!" Sana's hushed whisper, which was evidently filled with anger, was expected and all M

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter