For How Long?

YulYen Short Stuffs

Yena: Jjoyul~~  *hugs Yuri from behind*

Yena: Cmon~~~

Yena rests her head on Yuri’s shoulder, snuggling closer and wrapping her arms around the younger even tighter.

Yuri ignores her.

She doesn’t get it. She probably doesn’t even know WHY I’m mad.

Yuri stands her ground, eager to get her point across her dense unnie. She refuses to accept her unnie’s call for affection and keeps a straight face, even against Yena’s cute whimpers in her ear.

Yena: What did I do this time?

See?

Yena: I already said ‘Sorry’ *pouts* … You know I love you right?

Yuri softens at her words.

Yena: You’re my love forever.

 

Yuri frees herself from Yena’s embrace, turns to face the older, and takes her hands and interlocks it with her own.
She sees the confusion in Yena’s face, they were each other’s mirrors, soulmates. They knew what the other wanted to say even without using words. This time however, albeit knowing something bad had been gnawing on the younger’s mind for the past days, Yena had no idea what it was.

 

She held Yena’s hands and what usually was an act of affection and endearment between the two, this time it felt … desperate. Like Yuri was trying to hold on to something, trying to get something across.

After what seemed like forever, Yuri breaks the silence.

 

Yuri: For how long?

 

Yena stared dumbfounded, not sure of what the younger wants to say. But Yena knew it was important to let Yuri get everything out first so she waited … even though her mind was so full of questions.

 

Yuri: How long are WE gonna last?

 

Yuri spits the words out, quickly before she loses the courage to say them.

 

Yuri: We’re JUST DATING right? No matter how much we love each other and enjoy each other’s presence right now, we’ll eventually grow apart and live faraway and never see each other as often. I’m just terrified that all this happiness I feel will turn upside down. I get nightmares of you finding someone else and living happily on with your new life while I get stuck behind sending you a ‘Congratulations on your marriage’ card, smiling at your wedding all while missing you and missing your hugs and your love. Or that one day you’ll look back and completely forget about me and that ---

Yena cuts Yuri off wrapping her into another hug, one hand caressing the younger’s back and the other patting the top of her head.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yena: Calm down. Calm down. *chuckles*

Yuri: Yah! *hitting Yena’s sides*
Yuri: I’ve been so troubled  *hit* over this. *hit* how can you just *hit* laugh at –

Yena: ouch! Ouch! *still chuckling* it hurts Yuri-yah~

 

Yena draws Yuri in closer and nuzzles her head with the younger’s

 

Yena: just calm down okay? * her hair, patting her back comfortingly*

 

Eventually, she feels the younger calm down and hug her back lightly. Yuri snuggles her head into Yena’s shoulder.

 

Yena: You calm now?

Yena feels Yuri nod.

Yena: really?

Another nod. Stronger this time.

Yena: you won’t hit me anymore?

Yuri hits Yena playfully, chuckling.

Yena: Ouch! Ahhhh~ it hurts~

Yuri: Ahahahaha

Aaahhh her laugh is so cute.

 

Yena creates space between them, just enough for her to look into Yuri’s eyes. What she saw though were ones glistening with tears.

Aaaahhhh~ and she’s so pretty too, but her smile is cuter. 

Yena wipes the tears from Yuri's eyes.

Yena: Who said we would fall apart?

Yuri looks away, ashamed that the thought always crosses her mind.

 

Yena gently cups Yuri’s face in both her hands, making the younger face her.  She brings her face closer, touching their foreheads.

 

Yena: You think I’d ever be closer with anyone else other than you? Closer than we are with each other?

Yuri looks away again, guilty of thinking ‘yes’ in her mind.

Yena: Jjoyul, yah~ Ahahahaha you just thought ‘Yes’ didn’t you?

Yuri locks eyes with Yena, blushing. Even more ashamed now because Yena just read her mind.

Yena: You know … sometimes I wonder why WIZ*ONEs think I’m the pabo between the two of us.

Yuri: Yah! What are you trying to s---

Yena: What I’m trying to say is…. Isn’t this enough proof of how close we are? How perfectly we fit together and how much we are meant for each other?

Yena: I can’t imagine finding someone else, being with someone else or marrying someone else other than you.

Yuri: But what about what you said back in Produ—

Yena chuckles.

Yena: Why? Is there a marriage system for a couple like us here in South Korea? You know how homophobic everyone is here. I can’t imagine a bill passing for same- marriages here anytime soon.

Yuri blushes profusely, red as a tomato. Yena lets go of her face and pulls her into a tighter embrace and savoring the comfort of having Yuri in her arms.

Yena: Do you wanna know what i see when I imagine my future?

Yuri nods, transfering the weight to her other foot, kinda fidgety in the again blossoming feeling in her chest.

Yena: Nnnnn ... well, after my contract ends with YH ent... I'll probably sign with Stone if they'll take me. just because i wanna stay close with you even after... yknow.

Yena's voice trails off, the subject they don't like talking about but is bound to happen. Yuri nods, understanding that IZONE isn't a permanent group and they'll all go off on their own ways. Yena clears trying to continue her thoughts before the mood turns too sad.


Yena: A lot of dates and arcade raids with you, a few years would pass by and I can see us living together. 

They both laugh as if seeing the same scene in their heads. 

Yuri: O God we're such a mess.

Yena: Yeah ahahahaha. We'll probably fight a lot too, over trivial things and important things.

Yuri: But we'll find our way to get back together. Hearing each other out and talking it over.

Yena nods understanding what the younger means.

Yena: like what we're doing right now?

Yuri: Yeah

Yuri buries herself even more comfortably into the older's gentle embrace and Yena pats Yuri's head gently.

Yena: I’m not going anywhere. *nuzzling her head* You’re not gonna get rid of me that easily. ahahaha

 

Yena: I love you Yuri.

Yuri: I love you too Yena.