Chapter 19

Our Dating Scandal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SM confirms Red Velvet’s Seulgi and NCT’s Taeyong have parted ways

On February 19th, rumours about a break up between Red Velvet’s Seulgi and NCT’s Taeyong had surfaced around the internet. The rumours caused a lot of confusion among the fans as pictures of Taeyong and the other members of both Red Velvet and NCT celebrating Seulgi’s birthday were uploaded on Instagram, only a few days before the rumours. As of today, February 22nd, SM Entertainment has released a statement regarding the matter.

“It is true that Seulgi and Taeyong have parted ways due to lack of feelings. The breakup was mutual and they agreed on staying as best friends and are still maintaining a very good relationship with each other.”

[+2034, -67] What?! WHY?!

[+4194, -130] But they were so cute together!! Remember the V-Live they did? They were so cute towards each other and you could see how they looked at each other. They didn’t even give a f**k about what the haters had to say and stayed strong with their relationship. And when Taeyong stood up for Seulgi… It’s a shame they’re not together anymore but it’s good they didn’t break up on bad terms. Seulyong fighting!

[+3042, -43] If they didn’t last even one year… Does true love even exist?

[+302, -1653] I told y'all they would break up soon. They never had that typical love chemistry, you could see that from the start and even during Seoul Music Awards they only acted like they had a good hoobae and sunbae relationship. I think they were confused about their feelings at the beginning but finally they figured it out and agreed on breaking up.

[+1407, -21] At least they stayed as friends TT

[+2539, -2084] What if Taeyong actually did cheat on her and that’s why they broke up…

[+1999, -56] I see that some fans are still very supportive of their decisions but as for you others… Please don’t start hating on them for breaking up, they already received a lot of hateful comments. Let’s continue to support them during their comebacks but also in the future. Stream Boss and Bad Boy everyone!

Seulgi gazed up at the TV and rested her head in her hands. Feeling gloomy as she watched the comeback stage for NCT U’s “Boss”. The company had extended the promotions for Bad Boy which was great… But that also meant they were promoting the same time as NCT.

She exited the article and turned off her phone screen before placing the phone on the table. “Jungwoo and Lucas are really good,” she then commented as she continued watching their stage.

“Right? It doesn’t seem like their first stage,” Yerim added and Seulgi nodded.

“Did you just read the article?” Yerim then asked and Seulgi nodded once more.

“How do you feel?”

Seulgi’s lips formed a small, thin line as she pondered about the situation. “I think I feel okay. I’m sad, of course, but it’s not as bad as I thought it would be… Maybe it’s because it’s gone a long time but it’s the only way for me to actually get over him,” she admitted and Yerim showed her an understanding smile.

“Have you talked to him yet though?” she then asked and Seulgi shook her head no.

“I haven’t talked to him since the night he went to the hospital.”

……………………….

“Are you at the hospital now?”

Taeyong rubbed his eyes as he sat down on the sofa in the hospital room.

“Yeah, she woke up a while before but she’s sleeping right now.”

“Is she okay? What happened?” Seulgi asked him worryingly and he leaned back on the seat.

“She had gotten overworked from her promotions and fainted because of dehydration and low blood pressure,” Taeyong pursed his lips, sighing as he closed his eyes.

“I was so scared,” he then spoke. “When the staff member told me that she had fainted I rushed backstage and she wouldn’t wake up even when the paramedics where there to help. I got so scared and started to think about all the possible outcomes and got even more scared… She finally woke up, though, after three hours. Damn. Those three hours were the worst in my life.”

“I understand,” Seulgi sympathized with him and paused. “But you can rest now that she is fine. Chungha is really strong you know.”

A smile appeared on Taeyong’s face and he nodded, even though Seulgi couldn’t see it. “I know,” he mumbled.

“Are you going to stay there for the night?” she asked him and he pursed his lips.

“Yeah, I have to be really careful though,” he told her and could hear her sigh. “Why are you sighing?”

“Taeyong, I’m going to be honest,” she began and he furrowed his eyebrows.

“Mm?” he hummed, waiting for her to continue.

“I think we should stop with our fake relationship,” she spoke truthfully and he raised his eyebrows.

“You think?” he said.

“Yeah, I mean, first of all it’s really inconsiderate towards Chungha. I mean, she is your real girlfriend after all and I’m sure she wants to date you publically and not have to be too careful someday too you know?” she reasoned and pause

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter