Final

Instant Coffee

“Ah seriously..? We ran out of coffee beans?? How am I going to get my daily dose of vitamins... Urgh..” The younger girl rolled her eyes out of frustration. 

 

“Never heard of instant coffee? Too rich to even hear about it?” The older lady walks into the cafeteria, greeting the other with another joke of hers.

 

“Yes, I have heard about it. But commoner coffee isn’t for me. I need high-quality beans to keep my skin silky smooth.” Wonyoung said while checking on her makeup. 

 

“Wow… as if instant coffee ain’t coffee..” Now it’s Chaewon’s turn to roll her eyes. “Don’t tell me you have never even tried it once..” The savage fairy looked at the girl in disbelief.

 

“Yeah, so what about it?” The bunny retorted.

 

“Oh my gadness… You’ve just wasted 25 years missing out on instant coffee.” The fairy shook her head in dismay. 

 

“Hmm. Try to change my mind on what’s so good about commoner coffee that I have to try it at least once in my lifetime. Prove me wrong, if you can.” The bunny was ready to counter any tricks the fairy was trying to pull. 

 

Without saying anything, the older girl pulled out a sachet of X brand instant coffee from the refreshments corner and prepared a cup for Wonyoung. It didn’t take long for the smell to drift into the younger’s nose and leave a strong impression on her. 

 

“So how’s the smell? Did it surprise you so much that you have to stay silent for so long?” The fairy smirked. 

 

“Wha- I just didn’t expect instant coffee to smell this good.” The bunny spoke while her face turned sideways. 

 

“Wanna try tasting it then?” Chaewon stared at Wonyoung while her lips after sipping the coffee.

 

The younger girl gulped and turned away quickly.

 

“I don’t want commoner cof-” The baby hasn’t finished speaking when the older brought the cup to . 

 

“Are you really sure?” The alluring eyes of the fairy managed to lure the bunny in without fail. 

 

“Okay fine... Just one sip..” The baby was about to drink it when she noticed the lipstick mark that the older left behind seconds ago. 

 

“How is it?” Chaewon asked while she prepared another cup for herself.

 

“...”

 

“Seems like you enjoy it. I’ll be back shortly when I’m done with the documents. See you later!” The fairy waved at the bunny whose brain had temporarily stopped working.

 

“Must be the coffee..” The fairy smiled since she managed to prove the bunny wrong. Little did she know…

 

When the radish girl returned, the bunny had left. She was about to wash her cup in the sink when she noticed a little pink post-it note sticking by the edge of the cardboard. 

 

“The coffee was delicious, thanks for proving me wrong about commoner coffee. Hope to drink coffee with you someday!”

 

“Ohoho~~ Is this a confession for me?” The older girl quickly kept the note before more people strolled in during their lunch break. “I’ll have to ask that tsundere myself.” The lady thought to herself as she took her leave from the room.