One

Bet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Wonyoung pouted as she placed her chin on her hands while staring at the different people who are enjoying their orders inside the café that she is currently working. 


She isn't the type of person who will endure this kind of work, walking around the place as she serves for the customer. In fact, it isn't her intention to work at this cafè. She was dragged by her friend, that left her with no choice.


It wasn't even a month that they started working yet she wanted to resign just to lay down on her bed all day and finish all the list of movies she wanna watch in her laptop.


And truth be told, she didn't see herself working in a café during her vacation. So today, she promised to herself that she will resign and enjoy the summer. 


"Hey, are you sure you really wanna resign?" 


Wonyoung stopped spacing out when a hand tapped her shoulder, she looked at Yuri, her friend who dragged her into this situation. 


"I am. Boss already know. This is my last day here." She shrugged as she looked at the girl who only pouted her lips at her.


"Did she accepted that you are resigning? But it is just our eight day of working here though, just enjoy this new experience." Yuri asked, trying to change her mind about it. 


"Naaaaah." She said shaking her head, declining the words from her friend. 


"Why? Is it because of our salary? But boss payed us well." Yuri said, pouting even more.


"Naaah, you know that this isn't my thing. I rather lay on my bed than working here." Wonyoung scoffed as she walks to the counter when she saw that their lunch break is over.


"But you should make your summer memorable." Her friend said as she followed Wonyoung to the counter. 


"I know." 


"And you think that staying in your room while watching movie in your laptop is memorable?" Yuri scoffed as she crossed her arms to her. 


"It is." Wonyoung shrugged, she only receives a sighed from her friend. 


"How about we make it fun? Do some bet before you resign." Yuri suggested and suddenly Wonyoung's vein gets awake as she heard the word 'bet'.


She smirked at her friend, clearly liking the idea. 


"Okay, spill it." Wonyoung said, the determination on her voice is evident. 


"How about...get the number of the customer who will enter later." Yuri grinned that made the taller girl raised her brow while crossing her arms. 


She didn't answer as she thinks of the possible consequences if she do that.


"Oh? This is the first time that you didn't agree quickly." The girl said giving a teasing smile to Wonyoung that made her roll her eyes. 


"You can't do it." Yuri teases that causes Wonyoung to looked at her with full of disbelief. 


"Are you challenging me Jo Yuri?" She smirked. 


"You can say that." 


"Fine, I will do it but what is the exchange?"


"I will buy the limited edition of the book that you wanted to read." Yuri said that made Wonyoung looked to her friend with wide eyes. 


The limited edition that she is waiting for so long and she can get it for free! 


"Deal!" Wonyoung quickly said grinning that made Yuri smirked as they shakes hand. 


"Great. I'll be watching you from afar." Yuri grinned her lips as she left Wonyoung alone in the counter to do her separate work. 


Wonyoung only smiled in victory, she is sure she can do it especially with her flowery words. She is expert at it. 


"This will be my last day! No one can ever change it. Wait for me my precious movies and that book." Wonyoung muttered to herself as she encouraged herself to do her best for the last day especially win the bet. 


She is busy whispering motivational words to herself when she heard Yuri's voice from the other corner of the café.


"Welcome to the 143 café!~" Yuri said as she greeted the new customer who entered the café with a clearly annoyed face. 


Wonyoung slowly looked at the customer and her eyes widened when she saw a familiar face walking towards the counter. 


She slowly looked at Yuri and the girl is already looking at her with a shock expression on her face but slowly turned into a teasing smile. 


'What a coincidence.'


Yuri mouthed at her but she rolled her eyes and shifts her attention to the customer who is only looking at her with a soft expression this time.


"Good afternoon ma'am—"


"Just Chaewon, no need some formalities, as if we are not friends." The older girl said making Wonyoung stopped and just stared at her. 


She looked at Yuri as the girl signals her to do her best, Wonyoung sighed as she can feel her heart beating so fast especially a beauty is staring at her. 


She breathe deeply and started her plan.


"We are not friends." Wonyoung said seriously, making Chaewon frowned at her, clearly confused on the words she utters. 


"What? So, you didn't consider me as a friend?" Chaewon asked, blinking her eyes in disbelief. 


"No. Because I am not sure if Aphrodite's daughter can make friends with a mortal like me." Wonyoung pouted cutely as she looked at the older girl.


She bits her lips when she saw Chaewon's confuse expression changes into a shock one and slowly into a soft one. 


"I am no Aphrodite's daughter." Chaewon muttered shyly, her ears getting red from the sudden words of the younger. 


"You aren't? Then...maybe you can be my mother's daughter, I am sure she'll be glad to get a daughter in law like you." Wonyoung grinned that caught Chaewon off guard. 


Wonyoung wasn't even sure what she is doing right now. The only things she needs to do is to get Chaewon's number.


Kim Chaewon, her friend also the one who keeps her heart to skipped a beat. 


Kim Chaewon known as Ssamu, her long time crush. 


"Wonyoung, when will you stop saying words like that to me? You always do that,." Chaewon muttered as she looked at Wonyoung who is just grinning at her. 


The older is correct though, Wonyoung always spit out some flowery words or anything that will make Chaewon caught off guard. She always do that and the older's reaction made her satisfied. 


Yuri knows her feelings towards to the older girl but for so long, Wonyoung didn't even bother to confess, she always jokes around with Chaewon. 


The only thing she can do. Call her coward but she doesn't know how to bring up her feelings in a serious way. She doesn't know how Chaewon will react, so she always put her feelings into jokes. 


"Hmmmm...I can't stop, why? Do you want me to stop?" Wonyoung wiggles her brow while grinning at Chaewon who only sighed at her. 


"By the way, what tim

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter