Love Story Gone Wrong

Forget Me Not
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a cold Autumn night when I met you. I remember it clearly.. The bump of our shoulders as I heard a loud "Bye!" ring out through the chilly air and the cracking of my phone. You kept apologizing, kept saying how you didn't mean it and should have watched your way while waving to your friend. It was me to be honest.. I shouldn't have had my nose buried in my screen. You had wanted to buy me a new phone and you did.

We met up the next day at the same spot as the day before. You then apologized again and wished me a good day. But before you walked away you asked if I wanted coffee and it'll be your treat. Another compensation for the little incident. I smiled trying to decline, however you pulled on my arm and next thing I knew, I was sitting in a coffee shop called MouseRabbit sipping on a piping hot cup of Americano.

You smiled sheepishly at me over your own cup of Strawberry Latte and told me that you still haven't gotten my name yet. I smiled slightly and told you "I'm Donghae", even stretching out a hand across the table to shake yours.

You had then replied, a grin on your face with gums showing, "And I'm Hyukjae."

As we sat there, starting some small talk, we realised both of us had some things in common. Quite a few to be honest. Even when our mugs were empty we had continued to sit there and chat. Only when it was getting dark and the place started to fill with students and office workers did we leave. I then asked to exchange numbers with you, which you had instantly grinned and nodded a very certain "sure".

Time went by in a flash and both of us found ourselves meeting up very often. We would sometimes meet up after work and even on weekends, going out to have meals as well as watch movies. Sometimes we would just stroll on the streets, heading to nowhere in particular.

It was when I had passed by a flower shop one day on the way to work, the place full of roses for Valentine's day, did I realise that I liked you. Unable to help myself, I bought one, also sending a hasty message to ask you to meet up that very night.

I remember the nervousness I had felt while waiting for you at the park. Some decorative lights had been put up on trees to add on to the romantic atmosphere. You had appeared in your suit and tie, clutching your briefcase in one hand. I smiled brightly and gave you a warm hug, one that you returned wholeheartedly. Breaking apart, I had then scratched my nape and felt myself blushing all over. It wasn't the most romantic scene, what with us in our work attire. But after taking a deep breath, I brought out the rose I hid behind my back and as I watched your face turn from shock to disbelief to utter happiness, I knew I had made the right decision. Both of us hugged and as we stared into each others' faces I could swear we would have kissed if not for some nearby kids suddenly screaming. You chuckled, face beet red from my sudden confession. But nonetheless, you held my hand and I walked you home.

Months passed and we had gone on many dates. At times we would just explore places, trying on funny accessories and clothing. Other times we would go on movie and lunch or dinner dates, sometimes even all 3. There were days too where we would just cuddle together in either of us house's and watch Netflix. I remember on a certain day with stormy weather, I couldn't get home and you offered me to stay. I had declined, not wanting to bother you but after being so damn persistent, I agreed. That was the first time we had too. Scratch that, we had made love.

Waking up next to you was the best feeling in the world. As you huddled closer to me, burying your face in the crook of my neck, I felt like I was the most happiest man alive. Even more so as I saw your cute face, the sleepy look and the bed hair making you so adorable that I wanted to squish you to death.

That day as we were cuddling on the couch not really paying attention to the TV, you asked a really random question of whether I would like to write a novel with you. I laughed but after seeing your hopeful face, I knew you really

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter